Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Severe Lag and Database Errors

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,197 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 04:23 AM
The lag issues have existed ever since the site has been on this Canadian server.

As for the database errors, they've been increasing in frequency the past couple weeks.

Nearly every other page load ends up with the database error and I have to refresh 3-5 times before it works.

http://puu.sh/qBPx

The lag is so bad it can often take 5 minutes before the home page loads at all.

I'm on a 10Mb connection and have no issues with loading times anywhere else, so it's not an issue on my end. I've actually seen/heard many other members talking about loading issues here at AniPas too.. so yeah. -_- The current server sucks ass.

Edit: 2 database errors just hitting the 'post new topic' button.. Gonna try making this post for the 3rd time.

Edit again: Now I'm getting a lot of unable to connect errors every single page load after making this post. I have to refresh every single page now. o.o
http://puu.sh/qBWv

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Local time: 11:23 AM
  • LocationEurope
I can confirm this.
Had two driver errors yesterday and one the day before.
This site sometimes takes like 15s when loading it for the first time.
After pressing the edit or the "save changes" button, it also becomes really slow from time to time.

Something else:
I'm using Firefox and everything looks just fine. Buit if I use IE9, a lot of random pictures like avatars or buttons are missing.
Reloading the page helps sometimes, but not always.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:23 AM
  • LocationUK
I only have the lag 10 seconds at the most. only when i go to the home page. I think its the banner. Never had a database error though :/

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Ero Penguin

Ero Penguin

Mushi

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:23 PM
I'm having problems too. It used to be fine for the first few days, rare connection problem but no lag. But for the past few days errors have increased a lot and server is lagging too.

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Local time: 10:23 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand
Pages seem to load fine now, but about 30 minutes ago, things were going a bit slow.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:23 PM
  • LocationAustralia
Wow really? I never had any of these issues and I live in Australia. Maybe it's your crappy providers (should I say country? xD) trying to block sites? lols

My connection speed is 10Mbit/s over wifi.

Posted Image

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • Local time: 05:23 AM
  • LocationU.S.A
yeah i know,i am too.has something to do with the hentai site that is on this server,its cuzing alot of lag and stuff,trying to see if this person can fix it or move us over to the other server,if not we are looking into just getting a server for anipas only,if you have any idea on a good server with good prices,pm me please.

Wow really? I never had any of these issues and I live in Australia. Maybe it's your crappy providers (should I say country? xD) trying to block sites? lols

My connection speed is 10Mbit/s over wifi.

yeah so is the person that pays for this server,he says he gets no issues too and tells me its just me but now that more and more people on both sites bitching about it,he may listen to me now lol since i dont have access to the main core of the server,there really isnt anything me or cman can do about untill he fixes it or cman goes on his own server which is something we are looking into.i have a 30/15 speeds and im still having problems so its not due to connect speeds,the load of the servers are way in the red

CTalon

CTalon

Shadowthrone Companion

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:23 PM
  • LocationAustralia
Just though I'd chime in as well (and I live in Australia as well Angel) pages not loading, and quite a bit of lag when they do load, then they are missing graphics and buttons pictures (avaters, banner, etc) as eccon mentioned. The last month has been the worst I've experienced with the site, I don't have the issue with pretty much any other site I go to, seems localize to Anipas. Lastly, when commenting such as this, I'm copying the comment prior to hitting the post button as I'll loose the page when I do; or it doesn't refreash and I don't know if the comment has gone through.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
well we can not complain with free service. we can only ask for better support. and unless the community is willing to fork up $150 a month we will be forced with this until the other sites running off this server are moved.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia

yeah i know,i am too.has something to do with the hentai site that is on this server,its cuzing alot of lag and stuff,trying to see if this person can fix it or move us over to the other server,if not we are looking into just getting a server for anipas only,if you have any idea on a good server with good prices,pm me please.

yeah so is the person that pays for this server,he says he gets no issues too and tells me its just me but now that more and more people on both sites bitching about it,he may listen to me now lol since i dont have access to the main core of the server,there really isnt anything me or cman can do about untill he fixes it or cman goes on his own server which is something we are looking into.i have a 30/15 speeds and im still having problems so its not due to connect speeds,the load of the servers are way in the red

Haha yeah, weird I never had any issues with anipass. It may have something to do with ISP? I'm with crappy bigpond (known for their rip off prices) but they offer incredibly stable internet (never had DNS issues or anything ISP related). But if it's an issue everyone is getting, we should get them to fix it.

Spoiler

Posted Image

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
Just the occasional lag for me. No db errors so far. But I can see why, too many perverts in the world ;)

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia
Hmm I get this:

Spoiler

ROFL, anyone get this? xD

Posted Image

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Local time: 11:23 AM
  • LocationEurope

ROFL, any get this? xD

Looks like you got a special 3-D premium account :D

Cman's right. We can't complain with free service. But nontheless, it's worth mentioning.

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 10:23 AM
  • LocationUK

Hmm I get this:

Spoiler

ROFL, any get this? xD

I could go for that, looks awesome. :P

But yeah, free is free, although the site has definitely slowed down recently, about a 10sec pp loading time on a 15mb connection from the UK.

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia
Lol I realise I did a typo with any, forgot to put "one" in the word. rofl

Anyone with Firefox 11 can do it, but I doubt it would work on all computers, since my friend on his weak laptop didn't had the 3D feature. With Firefox just right click on any web page and click inspect element, then at the bottom of firefox you get a 3D button. And what come next is pretty much self explanatory.

Spoiler

Posted Image

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 10:23 AM
  • LocationUK

Lol I realise I did a typo with any, forgot to put "one" in the word. rofl

Anyone with Firefox 11 can do it, but I doubt it would work on all computers, since my friend on his weak laptop didn't had the 3D feature. With Firefox just right click on any web page and click inspect element, then at the bottom of firefox you get a 3D button. And what come next is pretty much self explanatory.

Spoiler

Ok...yep, thats pretty hotshit. There goes the next 2 hours of my life...

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,197 posts
  • 71 thanks

I think its the banner. Never had a database error though :/

No, these issues existed before the banner.

unless the community is willing to fork up $150 a month we will be forced with this until the other sites running off this server are moved.

This site is small enough it would run just fine on a server that is less than $20 a month.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • LocationU.S.A
he wants a private tracker remember,and also you show me a good decicated server for only 20 dollars

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,197 posts
  • 71 thanks

show me a good decicated server for only 20 dollars

http://kimsufi.ie
As small as AniPas is, you could host about 8 AniPas's off that, no problem.
Not counting the private tracker of course (I had forgotten about this).
Without a private tracker, AniPas would even be okay on shared hosting with it's size.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • LocationU.S.A
uumm,if they are located in a good place,the I7 might work with a tracker for just once site,need to do alil reading on this,thanksfor the info

edit: im a dumb ass lol IE= ireland lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users