Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stores that sell R1 anime blu-ray/dvd for shipping outside the US?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:05 PM
I wanted to buy Tale of Melodies and Madoka Magica, but rightstuf only ship to the US and Canada. Anybody know where I could buy madoka on blu-ray for shipping to Europe?

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 10:05 AM
you might be able to try amazon....

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • Local time: 04:05 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand
Yes, amazon are good... but the cost of shipping to any country outside of the US is just crazy.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:05 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
You wait until they have specials, and then you buy 10 things at a time. Is how i buy my anime!

Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks

you might be able to try amazon....

Amazon doesn't have madoka magica unfortunately, plus as it's been said shipping costs are crazy.

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK
This post is similar to what i told my dad when i wanted a new 2TB HDD for more anime. There isn't a good anime shop out side the US and obv Japan. Also i don't know if amazon do region free BD's. I know Play.com have started to sell anime and are getting more BD;s in stock.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Blu-rays should be playable internationally. Most of mine are from Amazon, and have no problems playing them in Australia!

Posted Image

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • LocationUK
Madoka Magica is a special case that RightStuf will not ship abroad isn't it (due to Aniplex)? I say that beause I get most of my anime from there to the UK. I don't know if all US anime stores are abiding by this rule or not, but you could try RACS or AnimeNation, both ship internationally, not that I have ever actually got anything from either of them because they are just too damn expensive.

Apart from that, best bet is Amazon, imo.

Also, Blu-Rays do have region codes: A, B and C.
Posted Image

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Then how do I play Blu-rays from all three regions with no issues?!?! :S Or are no bluray players region locked/specific?

Posted Image

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • LocationUK

Then how do I play Blu-rays from all three regions with no issues?!?! :S Or are no bluray players region locked/specific?

Oh, right, yeah, shoulda mentioned that. Unlike DVDs, lots of retail Blu-Rays include multiple regions on one disc, or are simply region-free.
You can find a lot of the info about them here: http://bluray.liesinc.net/

Some Blu-Ray players can be hacked/unlocked to play different regions, just like DVD players as well.

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users