Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which is your favorite KEY/Visual Art's anime serie?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 04:59 PM
I disliked melodies... but absolutely enjoyed memories.

memories is my #2 favorite series of all time... while melodies barely got an 8/10 from me...

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:59 PM

Melodies is more of a prequel i reckon. It explains the backgrounds of the adult characters more

Tale of Melodies has two stories, one which takes place in the past and one takes place in the present.

I disliked melodies... but absolutely enjoyed memories.

memories is my #2 favorite series of all time... while melodies barely got an 8/10 from me...

What didn't you like about Melodies? Me I didn't like it so much because compared to Memories they dropped the balls, it wasn't very emotionally appealing like Memories, you really didn't care what happened to the characters, also jumping back and forth in time was annoying.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:59 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Tale of Melodies has two stories, one which takes place in the past and one takes place in the present.

Yep! The past aspect between Yuuko Amamiya and Yu Himura (Chihiro’s caretaker), is what give it the prequel feel. I did not like the Mizuki/Kuze arch in Otowa Australia as much as all the others.

Posted Image

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:59 AM

What didn't you like about Melodies? Me I didn't like it so much because compared to Memories they dropped the balls, it wasn't very emotionally appealing like Memories, you really didn't care what happened to the characters, also jumping back and forth in time was annoying.

"You didn't really care for the characters isn't a reason". "I didn't particularly care about the characters" is one, but even then should probably be qualified.

Personally I preferred the characters in Melodies because, like I said earlier, they were more adult, and I just couldn't associate much with Hirono's whiny ass. Couldn't associate much with camera dude either, to be honest, just seemed like a playboy and that was about it. Kuze, Himura, and Yuuko were facing some serious shit. Chihiro was too, and so was Miyamura, to a lesser degree, but that wasn't enough to make up for everyone else.

"Not very emotionally appealing", and "dropped the balls" is also kind of vague. Not trying to say you're wrong, just want to hear some actual justification. I know this isn't strictly the thread for it, but we're far enough down this path already, might as well keep going <_<.
Posted Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

"You didn't really care for the characters isn't a reason". "I didn't particularly care about the characters" is one, but even then should probably be qualified.

Personally I preferred the characters in Melodies because, like I said earlier, they were more adult, and I just couldn't associate much with Hirono's whiny ass. Couldn't associate much with camera dude either, to be honest, just seemed like a playboy and that was about it. Kuze, Himura, and Yuuko were facing some serious shit. Chihiro was too, and so was Miyamura, to a lesser degree, but that wasn't enough to make up for everyone else.

"Not very emotionally appealing", and "dropped the balls" is also kind of vague. Not trying to say you're wrong, just want to hear some actual justification. I know this isn't strictly the thread for it, but we're far enough down this path already, might as well keep going <_<.

You do not mention you inability to associate with the characters going through "...some serious shit." I am purposely going to read too much into this, you poor troubled man.

Posted Image

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
Excuse me for being thick, but I'm not quite sure what you're saying there, Zach.
Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks

I did not like the Mizuki/Kuze arch in Otowa Australia as much as all the others.

Yeah me neither.

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
I wasn't particularly fond of Mizuki, but I liked Kuze rather a bit, and enjoyed his conversations with Himura throughout both series. I watched both series some time ago now though, so I must admit, my memory is a bit foggy on some of the details of the different arcs.
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

Excuse me for being thick, but I'm not quite sure what you're saying there, Zach.

After talking about how you do not associate very well with several of the characters you then mention the characters that are facing some serious shit. As you did not say you were not able to associate with them, I made the assumption that you can. Therefore, you are facing some serious shit like the characters.

Posted Image

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
Ummm, I thought it was clear that I did find the characters going through serious shit more associable. I said I preferred the characters from Melodies, then listed them, mostly, as the ones dealing with serious problems. Being associable doesn't mean that you have gone through the exact same stuff, or even roughly the same level stuff. I just meant that their struggles were something I could get behind, more so than people whining that their world was missing a certain colour, or love triangle sillyness. Similarly, a life-threatening illness. like in Kuze's case, felt like a worthy centre for drama.
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Hence why I said " I am purposely going to read too much into this..."

Note the 'purposely' and 'too much'.

It was psychotherapy joke no one got.

Posted Image

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
I thought so, just wasn't sure why you qualified that you assumed I associated with them when I did associate with them. Made it sound like you were intentionally taking it the wrong way, to me, at least. Don't know, was just a bit awkwardly worded.

Sorry for killing your joke <_<
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
If my joke did not work, it is my fault! No need for the apology.

Posted Image

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
Would still love to hear someone explain why they prefer Memories' characters & struggles over Melodies', by the way.
Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks

Would still love to hear someone explain why they prefer Memories' characters & struggles over Melodies', by the way.

There us nothing else to explain, I already said that I didn't like Melodies because it wasn't as emotionally appealing as Memories, that's my point of view. I thought Kanon was sad, while Clannad was dragging itself too much, wasn't sad enough and was too much on the slice-of-slice direction for my tastes, but most people thought that Clannad was sadder than Kanon.

For Tale of Memories, I prefered it over Tale of Melodies especially due to the Chihiro's arc that was especially sad for me, the sister arc of Melodies didn't do much for me, especially in regard to Chihori's Sister and Cameraman guy relation, the mangaka relation with the obsessive girl was better but not too sad until the last episode.

With Melodies, the drama or emotional situations seem kinda forced, especially the musician arc and I didn't appreciate too much the back and forth between timelines.

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks

There us nothing else to explain, I already said that I didn't like Melodies because it wasn't as emotionally appealing as Memories, that's my point of view.

You can and did just elaborate <_<.

I'm not saying this isn't apt, but I find it interesting that you seem to equate sad level with enjoyment. There's certainly something to be said for the catharsis of tragedy. Heck, the Ancient Greeks loved Tragedy, the combination of the Dionysian and the Apollonian etc etc. Not sure I'd equate sadness to quality of arc myself, but if that's what you're looking for, fair enough.

Interesting that you found Kuze's arc forced. I can't imagine a more natural centre of drama than a fatal disease, personally.
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

You can and did just elaborate <_<.

I noticed that as well. I was all "WTF? that second paragraph totally should not be there."

It can be read like this

There us nothing else to explain... For Tale of Memories, I prefered it over Tale of Melodies especially due to the Chihiro's arc that was especially sad for me, the sister arc of Melodies didn't do much for me, especially in regard to Chihori's Sister and Cameraman guy relation, the mangaka relation with the obsessive girl was better but not too sad until the last episode. With Melodies, the drama or emotional situations seem kinda forced, especially the musician arc and I didn't appreciate too much the back and forth between timelines.

That is 86 more words used to explain the "nothing else". Gosh!

Also note 'preferred' is the correct spelling!

:spell:
Pedantic Zach AWAY!!

Posted Image

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • Local time: 04:59 PM
  • LocationUSA, IL
Never seen any of them. Not a huge fan of girly anime. But I might have to check out Clanned after reading some of these comments.

Beauty.jpg

Favorite Anime in Order: Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, DBZ Franchise, G Gundam, Outlaw Star, Maison Ikkoku, One Piece, GTO, Blue Exorcist, Air Gear, Attack on Titian, Rurouni Kenshin, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Magi, Get Backers, Fullmetal Alchemist, Street Fighter II V, Gundam Wing, Trinity Blood, S-CRY-ed, Golden Boy, Salary Man Kintaro, Crying Freeman, Fairy Tail, Tenchi Muyo OVA's, Trigun, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Blue Gender, Claymore, Baki the Grappler, Samurai Champloo, Ping Pong Club, Kyo Kara Maoh, My Bride is a Mermaid, Hajime no ippo, Black Lion, Gurren Lagann, High School of the Dead, Hellsing, Toriko, Fist of the North Star, Slam Dunk, Bleach, Desert Punk, Blood Lad, Ushio & Tora, Space Dandy, Btooom, Inital D, Lupin the III, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Afro Samurai, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai 7, Blood +, Kenichi, Case Closed, Cyborg 009, Chrome Shelled Regios, School Rumble, Inuyasha, Baka and Test

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Do so! Must give it ago at least. You may be surprised and like it!

Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks

Never seen any of them. Not a huge fan of girly anime. But I might have to check out Clanned after reading some of these comments.

I dont think key series are girly animes, those are girly animes

Qs foir Clannad Season 1 is available here from cman21, season 2 is avaiable on bakabt. And Sentai filmworks is finally going to release season 2 on Blu-ray.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users