Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which is your favorite KEY/Visual Art's anime serie?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 01:53 AM

Do you recommand Schoold Days and Rumbling Hearts?

School Days was like within the first 10 shows I ever watched subtitled. Way back in like 2007 or something. I actually enjoyed it, although most AniPas members didn't seem to. I really want to watch it again at some point to refresh, but yeah I'd recommend it those who like messed up shows like that. It's rather unique, you have to give it at least that, lol.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:53 AM

School Days was like within the first 10 shows I ever watched subtitled. Way back in like 2007 or something. I actually enjoyed it, although most AniPas members didn't seem to. I really want to watch it again at some point to refresh, but yeah I'd recommend it those who like messed up shows like that. It's rather unique, you have to give it at least that, lol.

School Days was never released in english speaking countries, I was wondering if it was worth getting it since I can get the french dubbed complete collection version for 18€. Plus JASTUSA is going to release the Visual Novel from which the anime is based on at some point in 2012.

What about Rumbling Hearts? I started downloading from Arigatou yesterday, but thought it kinda looked outdated.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

School Days was never released in english speaking countries, I was wondering if it was worth getting it since I can get the french dubbed complete collection version for 18€. Plus JASTUSA is going to release the Visual Novel from which the anime is based on at some point in 2012.

What about Rumbling Hearts? I started downloading from Arigatou yesterday, but thought it kinda looked outdated.

I really enjoyed Rumbling Hearts, having had watched it before ef ~, kanon, clannad, etc. I've actually got Rumbling Hearts as low priority on my planned projects list to work on at some point whenever I'm not working on newer projects of higher importance to those watching.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks

Spoiler

Is there a point in watching Clannad AS episode 23, 24 and 25?

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
I picked Air TV because it was one of the first I followed when starting with Anime. Heck, I even liked the first version of Kanon, though it used more of the original VN art. They were unique at the time for me and didn't expect such. So by the time Clannad came around, I was emotional ready, though I didn't expect it to be so hilarious at the start.

Everything by Key/Visual Arts is great and a must watch.

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
I just finished watching Clannad (that was a long anime) and read the interpretation of the ending. I started watching Key's anime less than a month ago, so I pretty much watched all three series right after another (first Air, then Kanon and finally Clannad).

For me I'll rank them like that:

1) Kanon
2) Clannad
3) Air

I'll explain why in details here:

Spoiler

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
Air
Spoiler

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
Spoiler

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
Spoiler

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:53 AM
  • LocationLithuania
"Air" was good enough [8/10]. If not for the ending it would have been better.
"Clannad" was better [9/10]. If not for "first time reading subs" (it was my first time :sweat: ) it would have been even better. As it was my "first time" (in reading subs), my inexperience took almost all pleasure watching it. Despite that I enjoyed it. Just to be clear: I'm talking about ""Clannad; "Clannad AS" wasn't so good.
"Kanon" - the best one [10/10]. Well, other girl (for girlfriend) could have been chosen, but it was good enough.

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 02:53 AM
Clannad was great I loved watching it, but I also did like Kannon it was a good story made me cry if I remember correctly

Did not like Air

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:53 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Air was not as emotive for sure. I couldn't get into the characters as much as Kannon and Clannad. But I did not mind it in the end. Though being ok, isn't really a good thing considering how much more than ok anime there is.

Posted Image

ANIKI

ANIKI

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 36 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:53 PM
CLANNAD series has got to be my favorite, good balance of comedy, romance, character development, good story, though the ending for the 2nd season was rushed and had no explenation. Those who have played the game know why that happened, I heard it somewhere and understand everytime I see it, 2nd best would be KANON, funny, good story, character development, a few things left me with wanting more, or that character should be brought back.

AIR was okay, I agree wiht many, that the ending was a bit confusing and just made you question what was goin on, I did how ever enjoy watching it, did not find it the best over the ones I mentioned. I was one of the few that did not like the ending for School Days, even though it was the actual ending the wirters and story were goin for, It was just sad for the last girl standing holding you know what on a boat :no:

ef series was good and all, but I did not realy like it alot, but that s just me

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
With the ef series, i preferred one over the other, but I can never remember which is melodies and which is memories... they could picked more different names so i could better remember! I could check what i ranked it.... and it says i loved memories and only really liked melodies!

Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
I started watching melodies and so far it doesn't hold up compared to memories.

ANIKI

ANIKI

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 36 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:53 PM
ef a tale of melodies introduces the characters and is the first season, ef memories goes after that and continues with a new male character, and a new female character, and other characters, but you see the 1st season characters. I just did not like that you have to pay really close attention to what is goin on or you will get bored, at most it is unbalanced paced, where a scene is slow, while others are fast. If you do not pay attention what they are talking about and stray for a bit, you will be like "WT?". That might just be me though ^_^"

Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks

ef a tale of melodies introduces the characters and is the first season, ef memories goes after that and continues with a new male character, and a new female character, and other characters, but you see the 1st season characters. I just did not like that you have to pay really close attention to what is goin on or you will get bored, at most it is unbalanced paced, where a scene is slow, while others are fast. If you do not pay attention what they are talking about and stray for a bit, you will be like "WT?". That might just be me though ^_^"

Ef tale of Memories is the first part, Ef Tale of Melodies is the second part.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Melodies is more of a prequel i reckon. It explains the backgrounds of the adult characters more

Posted Image

Casio

Casio

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:53 AM
I have watched Clannad and Kanon but not Air.
Out of the two I liked Clannad much more. I'll have to give Air a try when I get time.

Are there only 3 total by this company?

Posted Image

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:53 PM
As far as melodies vs memories goes, I actually preferred melodies. Himura was just a much better character. In general Melodies focused on more adult characters. Also a lot less arts wank than memories, which was a big plus for me. Ending was admittely awful for melodies, but not enough so to overwrite the rest of the series. Also found the issues more associable than mr angsty manga artist. Obviously that doesn't go for Chihiro's issues, they were palpable, poignant etc etc.
Posted Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users