Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The New AnimePassion.net

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • Local time: 07:45 PM
  • LocationU.S.A
yeah alot of sites are linked up to this server but they are owned by Asch (owner of animepalm and my friend),and it is private,we pay for this server and had to move a few time this year cuz of DMCA.He lets Cman use this server cuz i asked him.He doesnt charge Cman anything for it out of respect to me for all the work i put into the forum over at animepalm so i get alil pissed off when i hear someone saying the forum is terrible bashing the work i have put into it.

Claiming we have viruses and trogans isnt cool and would love to you to tell when where all the ads are cuz on the forum there are 2 lil ads at the top that go away after you reach a post limit.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,197 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 06:45 PM

you do realize that Pooba (the owner of animepalm, while the forums, sort of) is an admin at this site and is the reason that we were able to get animepassion up so quickly. right? if it wasn't for Pooba, who knows how long animepassion would have been down.

It doesn't change the fact.

yeah alot of sites are linked up to this server but they are owned by Asch (owner of animepalm and my friend),and it is private,we pay for this server and had to move a few time this year cuz of DMCA.He lets Cman use this server cuz i asked him.He doesnt charge Cman anything for it out of respect to me for all the work i put into the forum over at animepalm so i get alil pissed off when i hear someone saying the forum is terrible bashing the work i have put into it.

Claiming we have viruses and trogans isnt cool and would love to you to tell when where all the ads are cuz on the forum there are 2 lil ads at the top that go away after you reach a post limit.

If it's the same Asch I know of, then well he's also a friend of mine, but I doubt it's the same one. The fact DMCA caused them to have to move, only further substanciates what the Who.is shows. Which is that he is lying about owning the server and instead has been paying for shared hosting. If he truly owned the server, then DMCA would have not been able to force him to move. I've had plenty of DMCA requests myself.

As for the viruses, I haven't bothered visiting there in about a year since the experience was terrible. I only originally visited because I was contacted by one of the admins who wanted to affiliate with my site, and I turned them down because of the ad problem and the fact that Anime Palm was too small of a site to affiliate with mine.

I meant no harm towards you, when I simply spoke of my experiences and the facts I discovered when I did a domain look up.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith´╗┐

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 257 thanks
hay im only repeating what i was told but i do not think it is hosted by some site sharing company. i know he pays a very hefty penny monthly for it and he did say that he had a few site running off it.

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

Rurouni

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 11:45 PM
If he owns the server the only thing he should be paying for is the monthly Electricity bill, right?

vOEHoGZ.jpg

Ero Penguin

Ero Penguin

Mushi

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:45 AM
I don't know what you saw in your whois but what I saw when I did whois that there are only 8 sites hosted on this server. Definitely not shared with 50 sites. Good grief. Most of them are just place-holders with no content. The only major sites, that I know of, are AnimePalm, AnimePassion and a couple of hentai sites that redirect to the same page. The rest are either some small sites with similar contents to other sites or dummy sites with no content. All of which are owned by Asch. But the fact about moving cause of DMCA is somewhat confusing. So not really sure if he owns the server but seeing that all the sites on this server are owned by Asch leads me to believe that it is a private server.

Regarding the trojans, yes there used to be lots of ads before and maybe a couple of rogue ads slipped past here and there and they were removed as soon as someone reported them. The forum has only 2 ads now and they go away after you make certain number of posts. But nobody, in the site's uptime of some 3-4 years, ever complained about having 3 trojans from one visit. That's just WOW if true. But that shouldn't be the case anymore.

The guy makes a living off these sites, so the ads are important. But on the forums we try to keep it as few as possible and are quickly replaced if someone reports them.

Edit(0043 GMT, 1/17/2012): Also this shouldn't come from the guy who's site is on a server that is shared with 227 other sites and at the time of writing this, down like the old anipas. No this is not a lie. Seems like it's back up with a dedicated server. Nice job koby :D

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • LocationU.S.A
yeah,since asch read the comments made on animepalm and this server he felt he should clear some things up but didnt want to start anything on the forum so im posting it for him so here it goes

Asch: Hey man, I read that thread on Animepassion, with Koby saying crap. I don't want to come into the thread myself, as I don't want to impose on the community, you guys all know eachother, you's are all great uploaders, etc., but I'll clarify a few things if you want to post it into the thread.

The DMCA's were because our server was hosted on Worldstream.nl, we moved from them after they tried to force us to remove Naruto Shippuden. We're now hosted with Netelligent, a Canadian host, used by other dubbed Anime sites. The server we have is a DEDICATED server, not a shared server. Shared server's are as cheap 10$/mo. For the dedicated server we pay for, it's $475, along with 24/7 support and upgrades.

Viruses? Check the forums for viruses, check the main site for viruses if you want, neither have any.

As for Koby saying we're smaller then Kametsu.. lol. His site gets around 5,000 unique hits/day, Animepalm gets around 15,000/day on average. Right, we're smaller lol Anyway.. yeah, feel free to let them know if you want, as I'm just verifying the info in case you ever need it.

that being said all that everyone needs to know was answered and now this drama can end,he had the right to defend himself on things that was said so now any farther action on this will be removed and both parties will be warned requardless if they are staff or not.

tangent

tangent

Tsundere

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:45 PM
Interesting read.

Thanks for all the hard work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users