Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The New AnimePassion.net

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

crazydart

crazydart

創造者

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:07 PM
  • LocationCalifornia
This is a bit belated, but I feel like expressing my gratitude, so whatever. I'm way happy AniPas is back. I was all like, "what the hell?" when it was down for so long, but luckily I decided to google animepassion last night, and found the new site. 超嬉しい!(sorry I got back in the habit of posting in Japanese) (^-^)

Posted Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 06:07 PM
  • LocationMichigan, USA

I decided to google animepassion last night

Wow, googling animepassion comes up with a whole bunch of strange results. :P

Posted Image

crazydart

crazydart

創造者

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCalifornia
really? I totally want to look now. I saw the new site pretty much right away, so i didn't see the other results

Hmmm. :?: I didn't really see any strange hits. What sort of stuff did you find?

Edited by crazydart, 31 December 2011 - 01:10 AM.

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:07 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Maybe his safe search filters were off? So naughty

Posted Image

crazydart

crazydart

創造者

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCalifornia
hehehe. indeed. Even if safe search was off I'm not sure how you could get something naughty by searching "animepassion." I guess doujin restults would pop up, but still the weirdest I saw was an anime site in arabic, which refused to display its images. That's strange I suppose

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Oh, I didn't mean anything naughty or something. I was just surprised to see that there was an arabic site amongst other things. *shrug*

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Arabs like anime too.

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Arabs like anime too.

I wasn't trying to imply that they didn't. Sorry if I offended you.

I just assumed their website name would have an, I don't know, Arabic name.

Posted Image

crazydart

crazydart

創造者

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCalifornia
yeah. That would make sense, but i don't think I've ever seen a domain name that's not in Romanized lettering

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

yeah. That would make sense, but i don't think I've ever seen a domain name that's not in Romanized lettering

Fair point, I'm pretty sure it isn't allowed.

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
It is ok, it takes a lot to offend me (personally)!

Posted Image

Sonics99

Sonics99

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 37 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:07 PM
Hello everyone! Finally, had some time to track this place down again. Nice to see it back up.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Welcome back! See you still rocking the GTO sig!Nice!

Posted Image

Sonics99

Sonics99

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 37 posts
  • 0 thanks
Yeah too bad my GTO review didn't survive :P

Oh well, the Onizuka legacy lives on!

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
I it is one the series i recommend to new anime watchers. It will live on as long as we do!!

Posted Image

shika21

shika21

Mushi

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • 30 thanks
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA
i'm a little late, but just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work getting the site back up!

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

Rurouni

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 11:07 PM

Now this new site is being run by me, 13ack.Stab, Pooba, and a few others.

Is this website being hosted on a web server own by you guys or a contacted company. (Can some company just delete it? I like this site too much)

vOEHoGZ.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 257 thanks
  • Local time: 07:07 PM
this time around it is on a private server owned by a close friend of Pooba. and he has been kind enough to lend us some of his server space/power since it is currently way more than he really needs. this time around the only way we where to have to revive from ashes again is if there where to be a server side hardware failure from a lightning strike or something crazy like that.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,197 posts
  • 71 thanks

this time around it is on a private server owned by a close friend of Pooba. and he has been kind enough to lend us some of his server space/power since it is currently way more than he really needs. this time around the only way we where to have to revive from ashes again is if there where to be a server side hardware failure from a lightning strike or something crazy like that.

No offense Cman, but it's definitely not a private server. It's on shared hosting.
Judging by the who.is look up it's on the same sever as about 50 other sites, many anime related such as Anime Palm (which is a terrible site in which the owner has bombarded with so many infected ads, last visit I made there before re-enabling adblocker gave me three trojans).

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationGolden, CO

No offense Cman, but it's definitely not a private server. It's on shared hosting.
Judging by the who.is look up it's on the same sever as about 50 other sites, many anime related such as Anime Palm (which is a terrible site in which the owner has bombarded with so many infected ads, last visit I made there before re-enabling adblocker gave me three trojans).

you do realize that Pooba (the owner of animepalm, while the forums, sort of) is an admin at this site and is the reason that we were able to get animepassion up so quickly. right? if it wasn't for Pooba, who knows how long animepassion would have been down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users