Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kametsu forums

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:08 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
I came across these forums when I stalked Koby when I joined the old forums. Yes Koby, I internet stalked you... and all our colourful members!!

I was just having another look, a closer look and saw many of animepassion members are Kametsu members as well. This got me wondering, if I should join as well. But I have no idea if it would be really worth it... So I turn to you all doe advice!

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 12:08 PM
Well most of them came from Kametsu to here as I mentioned AniPas to them, lol.

-_- StalkerZach.

Well of course I'd think it's worth it. We had the 2nd largest database of HD/HQ dual-audio files on the internet before the file host fiasco of January 2012.
We're re-building... but most of the stuff we've been adding to our IRC channel #Kametsu @ irc.kametsu.com (we've got 8 bots currently).
We're also starting our own encoding group and such, but looking for more encoders, typesetters, and quality checkers always.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
I do love having lots of anime at my finger tips! I may join then!

What role does animepassion provide Kametsu does not?

Posted Image

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:08 AM
  • LocationAustralia
Like Koby said, Kametsu doesn't have an encoding group yet or as many encoders members as anipass. Site members usually just reupload anime files from other encoding groups. But still a fun community, but lol (don't take this the wrong way Koby) they have issues with many members just posting 15 posts to access the download section, so most of the posts are usually somewhat short and doesn't allow further discussions. I believe Koby tried to fix that issue.

And koby y u no tell me about anipass!? LOL Forge invited me awhile ago.

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

Like Koby said, Kametsu doesn't have an encoding group yet or as many encoders members as anipass.

We actually have a lot of encoders, they just work separately and post their work at several other places as well.
Though a lot of the encoders are simply either mini-encoders or PSP/iPod only.

Though we actually have gotten a few people together to create our own encoding group.
kashem is currently doing Clannad while M4sturCheef quality checks everything and reports any errors in anything including the subs.
An-IP-BreAKDoWN has been working on Broken Blade outside of his duties he has for Arigatou.
As for me, I'm currently working on getting everything ready on ef ~ a tale of memories for when my new encoding PC arrives.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
I may join then! Though I won't be very active. Animepassion is where I will spend my spare internet time!

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

I may join then! Though I won't be very active. Animepassion is where I will spend my spare internet time!

Then what would be much of the point in joining in the first place?
I mean we have a lot of series AniPas doesn't, sure... But joining just for the sake of joining seems kind of moot.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
That is why I have not joined yet!

Posted Image

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:08 PM
Kametsu is now pretty much the only place left where you can still get joseole99 encodes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users