Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Favorite past, favorite present and favorite (maybe) future games.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:46 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Dishonored is a good game, however at the moment I am preferring the character development of the protagonist in Farcry 3 more! Have not finished the game yet though.

Posted Image

Valkexia

Valkexia

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:46 PM
Past:

Diablo II - I absolutely loved this game. I played both Torchlight I & II and never enjoyed them as much as Diablo II. Maybe it's just me.

Starcraft - Not much to say. Just simply awesome. I love the story and the long wait for SC 2 is worth it.

Red Alert 2 - Pretty addicting RTS especially with friends.

Ragnarok Online - I was obsessed with this game when I was in 4th grade especially because of all the things that prevented me from playing it.

RF Online - I played this game TOO much (years). Everything was worth it until the GMs and other related bastards screwed it up. Those bastards are corrupt, breaking the very rules they enforced. I shall no longer trust any game publisher in my country.

Final Fantasy - I played all games prior to FFX but FFIV is still my favorite though I find FFII's leveling system more enjoyable.

Ys Series

Pokemon - This has got to be my favorite video game franchise ever. There is not much for me to hate in this series other than the constant feeling that my adventure has come to an end every time I finish a pokemon game. The random encounters that I so hated became something enjoyable while looking for that rare pokemon or the ones I don't have in my pokedex. I could still remember Weezing as the final entry in completing my Pokemon Blue pokedex. I find the battle system, the contests, the exploration, and just about everything to be most enjoyable. Playing and Trading with friends only made it even better. The persistent villains, despite their often dumb ideals, are still likable. They always encourage me to want to bring them to their knees with an exception to Team Plasma (I hate them. They're annoying). The Mystery Dungeon games are also awesome. I have never been immersed in any game I know of as much as Pokemon.

Present:

To The Moon - There is no "gameplay" ... but the story is just so :cry:

TESV: Skyrim - This game is HUGE. It's not just Skyrim but also the mods for the game. There are so many things to do in the game with mods to do more things! The sheer size of the map just begs me to explore it. You can even fit in a King Arthur legend somewhere. My favorite thing to do is go explore, get lost, and encounter beautiful scenery or some more awesome things like
Spoiler

The game just make your character a lot more awesome the more you play.
I installed over a hundred mods to make the game more visually appealing and add more content while continuing to piss off lore-friendly Nazis.

Future:

I don't really know what to play next

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:46 PM
  • LocationLithuania
"Dead Island". Very, very good game. At first was scared that my PC won't be able to handle it, but it seems it is still capable of running this... "wonder". By "wonder" I mean this game. Well, it is really worth to call it like that. I'm really impressed. Playing every evening. Hell, it is so good that I just can't spare any time for anime. However there exist one slight minus in this game. A little bit too shiny in my opinion. I'm more into dark stuff, and as action taking place in tropical island it reduces (slightly) my enjoyment. But still it is very good. And yes, kinda miss firearms in this game. But I think it is normal, as I'm still at the beach territory. Hopefully I will get them later in the game.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 08:46 AM
  • LocationMichigan, USA

A little bit too shiny in my opinion. I'm more into dark stuff, and as action taking place in tropical island it reduces (slightly) my enjoyment. But still it is very good. And yes, kinda miss firearms in this game. But I think it is normal, as I'm still at the beach territory. Hopefully I will get them later in the game.

I never got around to beating that game, but it was definitely pretty cool (though it got repetitive after a while).

You'll get to go through different parts of the island, some of which are definitely darker than the beach. :)

Posted Image

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLithuania
Yeah, it's cool, just sad that not much ammo I can carry around. It's cool to cut heads with machete (or other large knives), but nothing can beat the firearms. I so often get killed, because of insufficient ammo that it gets irritating. Too much zombies around to deal with them all just with hand weapons. And talking about darkness... still no sign of it, but at least after coming into the city rain showed up. That's a good sign.

EDIT v1: O.K. So game isn't dark as I hoped, but nothing that wasn't expected. I'm glad that soon will start to play last chapter (I think; leaving the island without no way back should mean that it will be last one). What a great game, indeed...

P.S. I'm happy not because I'm finishing this game. I'm happy that finally I will be able to start watching anime normally as I used to be. Couple more days and my anime watching marathon will start again. :unworthy:

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:46 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread already or not, but just finished Bastion. Really really good game. It presents a binary choice at the end of the game that is literally the hardest choice I have ever had to make in a game. To make it even better, both choices and the results yielded are equally valid and enjoyable (the most satisfying finale to a game I've seen in a long time), while still giving vastly different endings.

Also, fucking great soundtrack.
Posted Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:46 AM
I have only heard good things about Bastion. Have not checked it out yet

Posted Image

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLithuania

Have returned to old plain "Command and Conquer Generals" . Dunno why, but I really started to enjoy playing this one. Each single evening reserve at least one hour for this fun. Same maps, same things for whole month already and doesn't seems that will be tired of it for month ahead.

EDIT v1: Well time has come for refreshments: "Dead Space 3". Can't say much. New game (for me at least) - new favorite game. As always original is better, but just can't say anything bad about this one either. Nice graphics, cool guns, sadly though still only one costume (or two? I think one...) and already in chapter 6; what's up with that?. Well, just story seems... Well who cares about that. What is the most important - to kill aliens-zombies. I like it! This game is taking all my evenings away. Even no time for anime. "Dead Space 3" is the best. At least till something better shows up.

EDIT v2: "Bioshock 2". Started just yesterday. Not bad (well currently must be favorite, who knows), though not so much different from first part. Not that it is bad, just that somewhat not much surprises here. Well, if to rate it now it could be somewhat 7/10. Being "Big Daddy" is cool, sadly it doesn't feel much like it. Being underwater is cool too, sadly it seems this game doesn't have automatic saves or whatever (or maybe it has something to do with "Windows Live") so will have to start playing today form beginning... again. Though this time will try to save normally.

EDIT v3: Week ago it was "Metro: last Light". Very good game, sadly way too short. Now it is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. "Shadow of Chernobyl" - "Народная солянка" MOD. Played it long time ago, but older version. Well, to say the truth I got bored of it, but after getting my hand of spawn menu I decided to continue... all over again. Well, to be fully equipped with best weapons, best costumes and having rarest artifacts on hands at the begging of the game is just... AWESOME!

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLithuania

Forget S.T.A.L.K.E.R. "Shadow of Chernobyl" - "Народная солянка" MOD. Glitchy as hell. Almost impossible to play. Every single map had some glitches! Oh well, it is distant past now as currentlly my favorite are bunch of new games (new laptop!):

Dead Island Riptide (nice game, though could be better; not much different comparing with first one; but still fun to play);

Sins Of A Solar Empire Rebellion (space is cool; sadly too much limitations (requires more thinking than fighting - that irritates) still will keep playing);
Starcraft (yes... this one would have been playable and on my old laptop... so why now? Well, it is just fun!);
Alice Cheshire Cat's Dreams Edition (Dell would have been able to deal with this one as well, but whatever... Though didn't play for very long. Will continue after done with mentioned ones above this one);
State of Decay (haven't tried it yet; just installed recentlly; But I like zombies! I believe this one will be very good.);
Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War II Retribution (good one, sadly no base building; that is sad; but looking form other perspective: more concentration on building strike forces);
Trine 2 (Good game, but now prioritize other ones; will play when there is nothing better to do).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users