Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Favorite past, favorite present and favorite (maybe) future games.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:59 AM
  • LocationLithuania
As I didn't see any topic like that here, decided to create it myself.

So... What I want to talk about is your most favorite games: in the past, at the present and maybe in the future. And obvious, I will begin from myself:

-------------------------------------------------

PAST: many, but most unforgettable would be
"Thandor" (real time strategy, involving building robots, tanks, cars and other war machines and of course going and destroying your enemies; played it in "Windows 98"; would play probably and now, but "Windows XP" and "Seven" don't allow it; no compatibility or something like that.);
"GTA3" (game legend, one of the first games I was introduced to; what evening and nights there were playing it; though my love to it faded, it has special place in my memory)
"S.T.A.L.K.E.R." (really liked that "zone" atmosphere: dark, gloomy with death smell; very good game; completed maybe five times or so; that feeling when you traveling alone in the zone is unforgettable.)

PRESENT: current only one - "UT 2004". Playing every evening. Well, my computer can't handle "UT3" (as I would play that one), but this one is great too. Especially with "Super Berserk" and "Vampire" mods. Man, feels like hell. Didn't seem to get bored by it.

FUTURE: I'm not very familiar with all that new games that are showing up recently, but there a couple that I really would like to get my hand on (though as I believe they are already kinda old): "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat", "Bioshock 2", "UT3" (of course). Though the time when I could get these will depend mostly on my old PC. While it works I can only dream about those games. Well I really don't plan wasting money on new PC, while the old one still works.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 09:59 PM
Past: Shadow Hearts - no other RPG like it. Dark story, interesting characters, and the environments and music always sets the perfect mood for the part of the story.

Honorable Past Mentions: Suikoden series, Grandia series, The Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Trigger, FF4, FF9, FF10, Zelda OoT.

Present: Dante's Inferno - I just really loved this game.

Future: not so bright. Most of the good RPG makers have died/vanished and Square Enix has royally fucked up the Final Fantasy franchise and because of it, has nearly wiped out the RPG genre as a whole. Nearly all future so called RPG's are either basically movies, action-hybrids, suck ass, or mmo-style.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Hark0n

Hark0n

Meitantei

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLatvia
PAST:
GTA Vice City - first game I got on my PC, and I played it for hours. Wasted time doing nothing, driving around and fighting against cops. Good old days.
Fable the Lost Chapters - I still think that this had better story and settings than Fable 2 or Fable 3. Grate RPG with a lot of cool features, sad that it ended after the last mission.
Disciples II - favorite turn based strategy game, and I still play it sometimes. The new part that come out recently just ruined the entire gameplay - now it looks like Heroes of Might and Magic.

PRESENT:
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - it reminds my of all the good RPG's I played over time. Of course it has its weaknesses, but it provides a lot of choices, how to play and advance, and that is one thing I like about RPG.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - is is simply awesome game. There are few minor details that Oblivion had better, but considering new battle system changes - it was unavoidable. Still sad for Acrobatics, Magic making and Chameleon.

FUTURE: I have more games in my shelf than I have time to play, so no particular interest in upcoming games.
Mass Effect - I plan on starting a long marathon of playing through all parts.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:59 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
WARNING: There are a few spoilers in here. This is also longer than most assignments I have written, for some reason I just got caught up in talking about video games. Sorry in advance if I dis your video games!

Past (although I replay some of these games, mainly the FF series, they are in past as I do not play them or plan to play them frequently or any time soon).

Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII, I have a serious problem that I cannot get enough of these games. I have left out X-2 and XIII as they just do not compare to these other amazing games. I mentioned on the old forums once how much time I have spent on FF games since first introduced to them in my 5th year of school. Now, there is not a game series I have played more often, each of these titles I have 100% (except 9 and stupid Excalibur 2) more than twice and many of them upwards of 5 times... So it is of no surprise that the total ff gaming hours exceeds 13 000. These games have dominated my life, I love them. As you can I am obsessed with them. Determining a favourite is rather hard. FFIX was the first I played, it will always have a special place in my heart (oh this all sounds so sad). FFVII was revolutionary, the story is great, and the characters are epic. But the romance in FFVIII was phenomenal, Squall and Rinoa’s relationship reinforced my at the time secret love of romance (now it is not secret). FFIV’s story in general was amazing, similar to FFVII and VIII in terms of satisfaction from that. FFVI and V are rather on par with each other, great games but not as good as the aforementioned. Now FFX and FFXII had such amazing game mechanics!!! I loved them so much for that, but FFX is slightly better for the story, the relationship between Yuna and Tidus, though not as strong as in FFVIII certainly more in-depth then anything in FFXIII. Of course Blitz Ball, that certainly made the game what it is. However, unlike many people I know, I found the card games in FFVIII and FFIX just as enjoyable. I think if I had to pick one, I would go with FFVIII, the game mechanics are not the best, but the build to the scene, the scene and the scenes following Squall’s recue of Rinoa in space still leaves me teary. It moves me so!

Call of Duty: United Offensive; the first online FPS I really got into. Was addicted to this game, and was pro, but to be expected if you played it every day! I am not sure what made this game so good. The game play was not new, but it was so well done. The WWII theme merged with the game play to make it an epic game. The guns, brought out in the United Offensive expansion did wonders for it online. Kar98k is still my favourite choice; it was influential enough to make it my favourite gun in real life. Moving onto another FPS BF2; the second FPS I got into, sadly never owned until two years ago. I just played it at friend's LAN parties where we did not LAN so much as all jumped onto BF2 servers! I think I was first caught into this game because of my friends playing with me. However, the online stat recording absent in COD provided a means to gratify myself through progress, and gloating. Positive K/D WHAT UP BITCHES, oh wait you are all higher rank... GAME MORE!!! Though it is certainly the realistic game environment, that made this game so popular, it holds true to me as well.

Morrowind; one of the best games ever produced, one of the most enjoyable to play. I just had to 100% it. The openness of the environment, the explorability (not a real word!!), character development, and game mechanics, everything about this game made it epic. Other than graphics, which it has done very well, this game makes even new ones its bitch. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim; was not as good as Morrowind, but it was one of the best games I have recently (now past) completed! Thankfully it was a huge improvement to Oblivion; I know I am not the only one who was very disappointed with that game! Morrowind certainly set the bar high!

I noticed someone else has this game listed, and they are awesome for having it; S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Shadow of Chernobyl!! Was an amazing game, and now thinking about, I might just play it again. This game blew my mind, I played Fallout 3 thinking it would be like this, in many ways it is, but this game is better. The alternative endings made me play it through until I seen them all! Fuck watching it on YouTube!!!! I am sure many others made sure they collected every gun dropped over many trips to make sure they had many Roubles... then got a shit ending for being ‘greedy’. The secret is to move them all into a cache, so if you get bored and leave the area for awhile before transporting the shit to the trader they are still there!

Mass Effect 2; I was after a sci-fi adventure game and I found this to fulfil all my needs. Loved it. I made myself a sexy sniper (when I can, I always play as a woman, because bad ass women are epic and sexy women are good and I guess it is fun being in control of a woman like that.... now by partner is a sexy bad ass and is a woman, but I often feel she is in control, I am whipped, it is the price you pay for dating sexy bad asses. Mmmm ass being arse being her sexy arse..... WHAT? I am only holidays and I need my womanly fix and I just can’t get it out of state ok!!)

Resident Evil 4 a great third person shooter, I often dislike being in the third person now days. But the game play was done very very will, also the character relationships and dialogue. Expect that stupid president's daughter, eeeerrrrrr. Though.... there is that reference to her boobs as "ballistics" great moment.

As I did mention it above I will list it, Fallout 3! Not as good as Skyrim but so very close, and the sci-fi theme made it so kick ass, sadly New Vegas did not do so well for me. There is something enjoyable about fantasising about how epic you will be of the world ended. Fallout 3 provided that. Then it is fun to systematically kill all the survivors!!! MUAAHHAHAHAHA!

Hark0n mentioned Grand Theft Auto Vice City, I would have to agree with him. It was a very enjoyable game. GTA San Andreas, although more expansive, more side quests etc, was not as good, still very fun though. Vice City had Cherry Poppers Ice Cream!! So cool. Did anyone else find the back stabbing black to be a cliché bordering on racism? Well I did not! Vance the little shit... Another PS2 game or in this case series of games is any and all Katamari games. The premise so simple, the plot so... bizarre, “ OH shit I destroyed the universe, quick, roll stuff into balls so I can fix my mess”, the games are great! It provided many hours of rolling satisfaction. It is like digging a hole, for some reason it is just fun.

OK, PSX/one and Sega games; Abe's World games for PSX/one were amazing, I do no remember much. But controlling people as a psychic and making them shoot each other (this is those armoured bad guys), farting burping etc, all made this game hilarious. The writers had a great sense of humour and the game developers must of as well. Altered Beast for the Sega MegaDrive 64 was and is epic! Turn into a beast and fuck that evil dudes shit up....I am still unsure on the exact plot... The earlier Worms series has always provided me and friends much fun, I am not sure what console we played this on, and I never owned it. Thinking of worms Sega also had Earthworm Jim. That game was amazing.

On PSX there where many other amazing games like Gex (3D): Enter the Gecko. This was one of the most fun PS1 games I played when younger, and I feel so sad that I do not have a copy now! Same can be said with Pandemonium!, another PS1 game that I loved. I do not know how many other people played this game, out of my friends only one other than me knew off Parappa the Raper, I mean Rapper! If I still had this game, I would regularly play it. Also thanks to this game, all these recent quicktime events etc developed into games are easy as. My button pressing reflexes are epic thanks to Parappa the Rapper. If anyone still has it, use this game to introduce people to PS games, it will make the pro and knowing where buttons are on the controller, make their button control and timing great.

When all these young people (not that I am very old, young being people in school still) say "I just finished Tekken 6, I am so good at that game" I am all well young friends brother or cousin, let me pull out Tekken, yes Tekken 1. And I OWN the little shit I have to buy crappy birthday and Christmas presents for. Tekken will always be my favourite; there is something about the limited fields, limited characters, buggy game mechanics and useless plot I adore. This little shit in question's Dad, my uncle, gave me Tekken 1, 2 and 3 when he got a ps2 and I still had a PSX. I still cannot beat him at these games. Though I can Grand Turismo 1 and 2 (the only him and have played). For the record, I beat these young whipper snappers sometimes on tekken 6...

Thinking of GT and car games... Grand Turismo!! (That was quite a cognitive leap, bet you did not see that game coming). As a car racing game, I loved it. GT1, the Corvette Stingray, not the shitty 70s+ model but the epic c2 variation (63-67 I think), is a sexy car, I would only use that. It had some of the best stats too, so I wonder if that more influenced me then the car itself. A bit side track but the C1 (original 50s stingrays) are also nice cars. GT2, the garage function blew race car game lovers minds, COLLECT ALL THE GOOD CARS... and always started with a Subaru, then save for the WRX rally car then get the Escudo Pikes or whatever, OP car much! Another great racing game was Wipeout, I am not sure what one though, but once you get bored of GT it is Wipeout and visa-versa. Driver!!!! Oh how I loved that game! (The people who posted here so far do not have a list quite like this, I wonder if it is because they just did not play games so much...?? maybe I have too much spare time, anyway.) Drive 1 was the best with a friend and you play the survival round to see who was better and win prizes like ice-cream or gum, being young was cool. I still have Driver 2 and played 3 but they just are not as good.

Games that is just not as good.... Many people tell me Vagrant Story is just not as good as the FF range, I would agree, but it is overshadowed something fierce. It is a great game. One of my favourite of the genre (outside of FF games of course). I wish I still owned it, the cinematics where amazing at the time and the plot had me stuck to it. I think if I was not so biased towards FF games I would put it on par with some of them.

Who can forget the original Metal Gear Solid. SNAKE FUCKING OWNS. The boxes! Being pissed on by a dog!! 100% the game and being invisible so the elevator scene where you get surrounded by the guys in the optic camo should not know where you are but still do. (Kind of like in FFIX make Vivi's name Puck; thus, "Puck, that's a strange name. My name is Puck." This amuses me every time, but can you really live with having Vivi's name as Puck until you can show that dude the Namingway card to change character's names?!?!?! CAN YOU?!?! It eventually gives me the shits when their names are not right). That Sniper chick is so into Snake you know what really happened is they threw down the guns and made epic babies on the snow... Or am I the only one who felt their snipe off was all about sexual tension?? I found that part rather difficult the first time I played.

A completely different game, Crash Bandicoot (the first) and Crash Team Racing, the latter I 100%ed, but this is embarrassing to say, I never got off the first island of Crash Bandicoot, that stupid wooden fortress/wall level at the end of the first island, I could never over come, I owned the game for 10 years or so and never got pass it!! So sad, yet one of the most enjoyable games out there. A game that fucked with my head, mainly because I was only 11, I think, when I played it was Silent Hill. Resident Evil was also a very good game, but it did not scar me, nor did I want to finish it as much as Silent Hill did. Sadly, I still have a copy Resident Evil but not Silent Hill. Resident Evil 2 though! Now that game was bad ass, definitely a favourite!!!

Because teachers always took games off the school computers, the many hidden copies of Druglord 2 made it one of the best games, because it was the only game you could play. It is still fun for school mates and me to play every now and then.

Present games (games I am currently playing, or frequently play i.e. at LAN parties [though LANs are not a very frequent thing])

For me is Final Fantasy XIII-2, I am really loving that game and plan to 100%. But because of my trip Japan and moving out of home, then full time employment, I have had not much time to play it. I think I am around the 30 hour mark (I am at the Academia 4xxAF or whatever, Noel on 5000+ health and Serah on 4500+ health base stat, 110 fragments I think and will soon continue with story progression! Just want to get a few more fragments, do all the chocobo races with my sweet silver choco and get a blue chocobo to replace my cloudburst RAV beastie!

Killingfloor! One of the most enjoyable games we play together during LANs or just when we have free time over the net (we being my friends... they may or may not be real). There is something so satisfying about mindlessly killing wave after wave of Zombies. Although Left4Dead was a very popular game, Killing Floor somehow proved to be a more superior game, even with their significantly lower budget. Another game we still plat at LAN parties is Warcraft III: Throzen throne. We only play the hero and tower defence games and they are also one the most satisfying LAN experiences we have... 6 hours later "shit let’s play a FPS or RTS.”

RTS? Yes RTS’s now let me talk about them. Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour + shockwave mod, is the best RTS, better than all the new C&Cs, and although overall an epic game, I find it better then Company of Heroes. Sadly, with many years experience behind each player and 4 a side, the game gets very laggy and bugs out with our epic battles!! But there is that new C&C being developed that I hope provides a similar level of entertainment but with no bugs and crashes due to too many units! Company of Heroes comes just behind this game in the RTS department! Let the Axis dominate!!! Though the old version, the US armour guy owned with his rocket launching Shermans. Thank god for balancing patches and expansions! Then C&C 3, very good game but the previous two are more enjoyable. It is of course good to have some variation! Although also very old games now, but still played at our gaming functions (I should host one at my new place, OH NEWS!! I moved out!! YAY!) Age of Empires 2, such a fun classic game. (We play the rule of always random, in AOE2, Persians and their War Elephants are OP, in Generals, the laser General is, Throzen Throne Hero defence, Steelrose dominated (depending on version) etc) Most of us and particularly me think AOE 3 is shit, what a waste of time that was. Age of Mythology though, now that game is amazing, better than AOE 2 and played slightly more. Often we pick one or the other. Now most people like AOE 2 but I complain enough and I bring the giant table we all play on so have some veto power (aka can be a dick, but least I do not rage quit!).

I was tempted to include Battlefield 3, but it just hasn't captivated me the way BF2 did nor do I have the compulsions to play it like I do FF XIII-2. I still think it is the best new FPS out and play it every now in then. In saying this, when we want an FPS that everyone can play that is not Killing Floor, we go to good old COD4. Though it is only for variation, it still, abed old and to us now overplayed FPS, it is a classic we go back to because it is still great. However, I wish a few friends upgrade so we can play BF3 which is of course better than COD4 and all the new CODS, I think they suck. On another note; it is sad now, how many FPS, do not have LAN support.

So far I have typed quite a bit, in total over 3200 words but if you made it this far, it shall but short. Future games for me.... Well there are not to many, Mass Effect 3 I am yet to download or play. I really want to give that game ago and see what happens! The other is Final Fantasy Versus! WTF is up with that game and its release date. JUST COME OUT ALREADY!! As some have already voiced, there is a concern with what Square Enix has done to the FF franchise. I still look forward to their future titles, especially after FFXIII-2 has me captivated, but they have certainly made me concerned! The future Command and Conquer looks like it could be great. Other than them, that is it for now.

Posted Image

Ero Penguin

Ero Penguin

Mushi

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:59 AM
@Zach Wow! How long did it take you to write that?

Most favorite past games would be the Legacy of Kain series. There are lots of other games though, feeling lazy to list them all.
Not playing anything released recently now. Just Valkyria Chronicles and Atelier Rorona. Loving Valkyria Chronicles. Atelier is OK.
I'm really looking forward to Ni No Kuni and Assassin's Creed 3. Also will be getting into the Mass Effect series soon.

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks
PAST: UT99, UT2K3/2K4- played them competitively, but I will say that UT99 was infinitely the better game.
Red Alert and Red Alert2- seriously awesome RTS, Red Alert3 is good but it just seems like it's missing something.
Starcraft- probably the best RTS ever made.
Warcraft2- probably the reason why Warcraft is so popular.
Deus Ex- imho, the best PC game ever produced. Too bad DX:IW was dumbed down because of consoles.
Honourable mention to the "Age Of" series of games by Microsoft. Tie Fighter by Lucasarts. Red Alert3 by EA. Warcraft3 by Blizzard. Half-Life and HL2 by Valve.

PRESENT: I'm only playing Starcraft2, that reminds me to actually finish the game. :construction:

FUTURE: I'm only interested in Deus Ex 3 so far. :welcome:

Posted Image

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:59 AM
PAST:
[PC games]
- Transport Tycoon - I spend soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time on this, ever since it was first released. And even now I still play OpenTTD sometimes.
- Total Annihilation - I remember wasting lots of money back in the day with my dial-up connection to play it online (which in my country you had to pay for per minute :P)
- UT99 - Played the hell out of this online. Played mostly Assault game mode in UT99 and still play it once in a while :) Also back in the day on dial-up and massive lag. >_<
- Warcraft 1/2/3 and WoW - Got into Warcraft 1 playing it at a friend's place, then bought myself Warcraft 2 which I played on a 486 33MHz with 4MB RAM and a 512KB video card (I still remember that because it was the BARE MINIMUM you could play it on)
I simply love all the Warcraft lore. I wish they made more RTS'es instead of the MMO though. Although WoW was good in its early years the last couple of years it's become worse and worse. I still played until the end of last year and finally said my goodbyes.
- Ragnarok Online - Soooo addictive and awesome back in the day. Made a lot of good memories playing this. I stopped playing it around the time they introduced gunslingers and other weird new classes which kinda ruined the game for me.

Not a lot of different games, but I guess there just aren't many games that interest me.

[Console games]
- About every Final Fantasy. I started with FF7 when it was released, after which I played FF4,5,6 on SNES emulators. Then I just played every FF which was released up to now where I am waiting for my FF13-2 with Jap voice/Eng subs to be delivered :) I don't really have a specific most favourite FF, since they all have their good and bad sides.
- Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, same as the FF series.

I basically use consoles only for RPG's. Since I don't like playing RTS'es or FPS'es with a gamepad. Other than those there aren't many game genres that interest me.

PRESENT: Playing nothing really at the moment, but soon..........

FUTURE: TERA! Currently playing the CBT though, if that counts :P

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,434 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 10:59 PM
Past:
  • Americas Army 2 - Man this was the free game that started it all. i was ~15 when my cousin showed me this game and i was hooked on the FPS genera of video games from then on. at this time i did not have that magical mysterious thing called a GPU so it looked like trash but i didnt care it was just soo fun to play with friends since it was FREE. this is also the game from which i got my gamer nickname of "emaricasARMY" i swapped the e and a because americasARMY was already taken in BF2.
  • Battlefield 1942 - this was the first big LAN party game that my new found FPS buddies would play. we where able to install a single copy on may machines with a single key and it had AI to keep the gameplay fun for 4-8 people at a LAN party.
  • Battlefield 2 (stats: emaricasARMY) - once this game came rolling around it took me a few months before i could afford it and get that thing that was required to play it, a GPU. at this point i was only 16 and had to tell my mom to buy it for me from best buy. and lucky me i just got the minimum requirement the nvidia 5500. it played the game on lowest settings and lagged bad when there was a big explosion, like C4 or Claymores. but this game was faster paced and awesome. i was addicted to it and from this point on i never looked back.
  • Call of Duty 2 - this game i played off and on only at lan parties as we where able to install it on many machines and play LAN with no problems, like BF1942. it was fun and all but i really liked the more modern made style of WW2.
  • Battlefield 2142 (stats: emaricasARMY) - being that i had soo much fun with the BF2 experience i just had to jump on BF2142 as soon as it was launched. at this point i was a full fledged gamer and had a machine with a 7950GT and it great glory at the time. played BF2142 like a champ and even got up into the top 100 players over the first weekend after release, i was soo excited when that happened. but alas school prevented me from keeping that title long. so instead i just played to have fun and boy was it fun. there wasnt a single aspect of the game that i hated, other than the fact that every medic used the POS vas rifle, it was a spray weapon that did too much damage. instead i used the bar which was a slower and even more powerful weapon, basically like an AK-47. i loved that weapon and owned with it. i was actually ranked in the top 100 with that weapon for a few months until my next FPS fixed rolled out.
  • Call of Duty 4 - being as this one was to be modern i just HAD to have this one. it was everything i hoped for but i missed the conquest and vehicles that i got accustomed to from the Battlefield series. but i still really enjoyed it and even joined my first clan during this time. and put another solid 500 hours into this game. but then i got bored.

at this point i was bored in general with all games at the time. i tried the new Americas Army 3, a couple RPG's like dungion siege 2 and titian quest but i couldnt find anything i could have fun with me and my friends. at this point somehow i stumbled upon a free to play game called

• Crossfire - when i first played this game it was in its infancy. it had little content but was being updated nearly every month with new stuff. and since it was free to play i could easily get all my friends to install this game and have a 4-8 man team of friends owning everyone. i stuck with this game for over 3x as long as any other game i had played previously with ~1,300 hours logged. i could have played this game for all of eternity if it wasnt for 1 thing. since this game was free to play and poorly built hackers came to join the free fun and completely saturated the game. the creators only made 2 solid attempts to stop hackers by changing the anti hack system and then patching out loopholes but since this game wasnt built with hackers in mind the fundamental building blocks of the game where way too easy to crack and take advantage of. and the creators where more worried about releasing NEW content over fixing this serious issue. i fought my way through 4 patches hoping that they would correct this ever growing problem, but they didnt. so i just had to step away from this awesome free to play game due to idiotic loosers that have nothing better to do than buy hacks for a free game to annoy people. i did recently re-install this game to see if anything has changed over they ~2 years since i played it last but there was no change to the hacker felled servers, so sad to see such a fun game ruined like that.

anyway at this point i again got bored with what was out there playing only a hand full of hours on some random games. trying many games until i stumbled upon,

• Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (stats: emaricasARMY) - i got this game off steam for $15 while it was on sale just to give it a shot hoping it wouldnt be nearly as bad as i assumed it would be. and to my surprise it wasnt bad at all. granted it wasnt nearly as good as it could have been but at this point i didnt really care, i needed a solid fun shooter to play. but even i could tell that this was a close ripoff of COD 4 but it still retained the majority of what made a battlefield game a battlefield game, the vehicles. i enjoyed this game and put in ~350 hours until i heard the news about

Present:
  • Battlefield 3 (stats: emaricasARMY) - being released. this is the game that i play the most of currently and it seems like i will be playing it for quite some time. it has a solid multiplayer and a single player campaign does not exist. i know it really does have one but you will never see me play it as the multiplayer is what Battlefield is all about. the tanks, hele's, jets, C4, rockets, and all those crazy fun things that make this game soo great. they even added a regular TDM game mode for the COD fans that think fighting is only done man vs man, :rofl: i'm sry but infantry only is fun at times but gets boring fast. i also love the large scale maps where you can snipe out to ~1,500 meters, though my longest is only 333m that is still a long shot that takes nearly 1 sec to reach the target and it also falls nearly 2 tics on the scope, man i love the bullet drop in this game as well. i also love how they made the classes in this one by giving the ammo back to the LMG's and meds to the assault rifles. i also LOVE how they took the claymore away from the snipers so unless you have a support class to help you out you will always be an easy knife kill. OH, knife kills! this is something i really love about Battlefield 3. before in bad company 2 the 1 hit kill system on the move was broken. in BF3 you can only get a 1 hit kill if you stab them in the back. so if they are looking at you then you can only slice at them, which is a 2-3 hit kill.
  • Payday: The Heist - i recently got this game which was recommended by kufooru. if is a fun game where you and up to 3 of your friends can rob banks and diamond vaults while fighting off waves of cops, swat, and fbi. very fun if you like to shoot at waves of things while trying to complete objectives.

Future:

currently i only have 1 game that i am looking forward to trying out and see if it is any good. it is currently in beta so i am trying to get a key so i can get into the private beta but if i can not then i hope that they will have a few weeks of open public beta so i can give it a shot without buying it. im talking about

• Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - this game looks like it will be a newer version of Counter-Strike: Source, which is what Crossfire, my most played game, was modeled after. so that got me to thinking it might be just as fun, maybe funner, than crossfire was due to the fact that it is NOT free and it has Steam's anti hacking software backing it up. so far im currently following their blog for updates to see how the game is moving forward in its development and so far i havent seen anything that is a big negative yet: http://blog.counter-strike.net/

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Ero Penguin, i kind of lost track of time. Then dinner came a long, so though I might rap it up before it went more out of hand!

Cman, I totally forgot about Bad Company 2! I put in about 250 hours until BF3, it was a great game! Though when compared to BF2 and BF3, it has not provided the same level of satisfaction. However, before the advent of BF3, Bad Company 2 was the go to online FPS! 2142 was so very fun, but I sadly had to play it on dial-up with a old pentium4, intergrated graphics and 512mb RAM. It would run, but so horribly, I became a APM (claymore type things) whore. It was the only way to get kills!!

Posted Image

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLithuania
Oh man... Some posts were quite... long. Looking through them took some time. But doing that made me remember. And how I could forget? :sweat:

For some reason (my bad memory, it's here at fault) I didn't mention "Half-Life" and "Age of Mythology: The Titans Expansion". Man, those games were special too.
"Half-Life" first (for me) science fiction stuff with killing aliens and such.
And "AoM"... Only one minus really. Building cap. It would have been so much more enjoyable if you could build without any limitations.

I noticed someone else has this game listed, and they are awesome for having it; S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Shadow of Chernobyl!! Was an amazing game, and now thinking about, I might just play it again. This game blew my mind, I played Fallout 3 thinking it would be like this, in many ways it is, but this game is better. The alternative endings made me play it through until I seen them all! Fuck watching it on YouTube!!!! I am sure many others made sure they collected every gun dropped over many trips to make sure they had many Roubles... then got a shit ending for being ‘greedy’. The secret is to move them all into a cache, so if you get bored and leave the area for awhile before transporting the shit to the trader they are still there!

Yes, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. rules. One of the best games. I liked second part too ("Clear Sky"), though considering story first was better. And very sadly, that some areas in second one was removed. Hoping to play third part in near future (well, hope dies last). And as for "Fallout 3". My brother played it, I didn't. Watched from sidelines, but wasn't impressed. Don't know why though.

PAST:
GTA Vice City - first game I got on my PC, and I played it for hours. Wasted time doing nothing, driving around and fighting against cops. Good old days.

Played that one too. For hours and hours. However, didn't finish a single mission. Downloaded some saves from net and was on rampage through city: killing all, running from police and so on. I liked "GTA3" much more. Finished all story line, but with "Vice City" just couldn't. Didn't feel like it. So just wasted my time doing useless things there. And as for "GTA SanAndreas"... The same story :thumbdown: : good only for rampage :2guns: , not a single mission competed. Of course with cheats :lol:

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
I haven't played Clear Sky, afraid it will ruin it for me! Though as you said it was not bad, will give it ago sometime soon!

Posted Image

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLithuania

I haven't played Clear Sky, afraid it will ruin it for me! Though as you said it was not bad, will give it ago sometime soon!

Well, "Clear sky" was good, but kinda dull (and "broken") compared to "Shadow of Chernobyl". Better graphics, details, new upgrades to weapons, some new monsters, new places. Though as I mentioned because some new places were added, some old were removed (very sad). What I liked in "Clear Sky" most was faction wars, were you could join one of them (like "Duty" or "Freedom") and go fight other. That was cool. Like joining Duty and going to fight against Freedom. And other thing - upgrades to weapons and suits. Oh yeah, and you could see your hand in gloves when wearing "Exoskeleton" suit. It looked cool. However, many mistakes in game and glitches, at least with version I downloaded. And story was prior events of "SoC". So that kinda was... not so good. If I could rate this game it could be like 8/10, when "SoC" 10/10.

kufooru

kufooru

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:59 AM
PAST: Way too many to even bother.

PRESENT: Tribes: Ascend, PAYDAY: The Heist, Saints Row: The Third, Skyrim

FUTURE: Well that is an interesting thought... There's not that many games I'm actually looking forward to, but Max Payne 3 and Aliens: Colonial Marines both have my intreague. Guess we'll see how those work out.
Posted Image

Kenzou

Kenzou

Dark Flame of Justice

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:59 PM
Past: Too many to recall

Present: Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3 and Warriors Orochi 3

Future: None at the moment

Light

Light

Tsundere

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:59 PM
  • LocationAustralia
I don't want my post to end up like Zach's or Cman's so I'll keep it very short.

Past: Too many....certainly keeping this short and sweet.

Baldur's Gate (Series): A great RPG. Combat was amazing, character good, plot too. My first introduction to RPGs.

Icewind Dale (Series): It's exactly the same as Baldur's Gate minus the characters and the plot isn't as good either.

Planescape: Torment: Great. Gives Baldur's Gate a run for its money. Never have I played as an immortal character. Never has the plot seemed so abstract and unfocused to me.

Fallout (Series): Great series. One was good, Two was better. Three is just amazing and New Vegas can swing the rest.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Such an immersive game. I still remember this one really random time about 2 hours into the main game where I came across a line (and single file line) of bandits walking to god knows where. There was....20 of them? I don't know, maybe more. It was ridiculous. To this day I'm sure it was a glitch of some sort for that many to appear. Anyway I was mesmerized and followed them for a bit. I must have stepped on a twig because one of them saw me and next thing I know I'm running into an swamp with 20 bandits after me and finally lost them by running up a hill into what could have been the site of nuclear bomb explosion with the amount of radiation it was giving off there. I didn't have much to fight the radiation away and I was hurt badly. But my greed got the best of me when I saw what seemed to be a treasure trove of artifacts strewn across the ground. I only barely survived the radiation as I ran around grabbing up the loot at the same time I was growing a foot out the side of my head. Barely survived.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines: Awesome.

Hunter: The Reckoning - Wayward: Adrenaline pumping.

Borderlands: Split screen co-op storyline the whole way through is the only was to go with this game. Someone to share the experience with makes it into an amazing game.

Present: Like I said, are these games supposed to be games released recently? How recently? 1 year? 3 months? If that's the case I can't really answer because I have only just recently got a computer that can play games so I have 2-3 years of catching up to do. So I only have one game I can put on this list:

Battlefield 3: I have been playing this a lot. First on PS3 and now on PC. C4....the best weapon.

Future: Not many...

Diablo III: I'm not the biggest fan of the Diablo series (I thought it was good but nothing special...just hack n' slash, not my thing). I'm still looking forward to this game but I don't mind if I play it in a year or two's time.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition: Not really a new game just a light remastering of an old classic but it's got me fairly excited anyway.

Final Fantasy Versus: XIII: All I can say is that I think this might be the series' only hope to return to its previous glory....to what I think of as its golden age.
It's better to burn up than to fade away.

mrkr1992

mrkr1992

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:29 AM
  • LocationIndia
PAST
Age of Empires 2, Dragon Age, Skyrim
PRESENT
Dark Souls pc edition
FUTURE
------ any nice fantasy RPG

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
I'll try to keep things short. :)

Past:

Blizzard Games (including expansions): Starcraft, Diablo II, Warcraft II and III, World of Warcraft (for a long, long time), Starcraft II
RPGs: Morrowind, Knights of the Old Republic I and II (especially with mods), Jade Empire, all 3 Mass Effect games
JRPGs: Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey
Honorable Mentions: Alpha Centauri, Half Life (all of them), Baldur's Gate (both), the Final Fantasy franchise

Present:

Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft II

Future:

Resident Evil 6, Halo 4, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, Dota 2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Final Fantasy Versus, I have been waiting for you for a long time...

Posted Image

Phaedra

Phaedra

Genin

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • 1 thanks
Favorite Future Game? That is the question that can only be answered by the man up above or through the passage of time…

Favorite Present Game? The game that I have clocked hundreds of days of game play… World of Warcraft!

Favorite Past Game? This game is the timeless classic that cannot be bound by the ticking clock… My all time favorite game that will forever remain in my heart as the best… Pretty Solider Sailor Moon: Another Story :P
FREE SYRIA

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Hundreds of days!! That is like my collective Final Fantasy game time. And you done it in one game!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users