Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Laputa, Whisper of the Heart's U.S. BDs Listed by Retailer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 12:06 PM
The online retailer Amazon lists the North American Blu-ray Disc release of Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli's anime film Castle in the Sky (Laputa) and Yoshifumi Kondô and Ghibli's Whisper of the Heart film (with a preliminary cover image) for a suggested retail price of US$39.99 each (marked down to $27.99), but without a release date for either.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JNTOBC/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JNTPSO/

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:06 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
I have noticed that. They are in my wish list though!

Posted Image

Ero Penguin

Ero Penguin

Mushi

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:06 PM
Hope they do Grave of the Fireflies too so i can replace the horrible encode I have

Demigod

Demigod

The Everchanging

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:06 AM
they need to do Princess Mononoke >.> just saying.

tumblr_mvpgqxNIAk1qe1i57o1_r1_500.gif

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
Well I'm just glad to see Whisper of the Heart atm. It's probably my favorite besides Grave of the Fireflies.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • Local time: 01:06 PM
  • LocationGreat White North

Hope they do Grave of the Fireflies too so i can replace the horrible encode I have

They JUST released Grave of the Fireflies DVD (Hyb) Remastered Edition so I doubt they'll be making a blu-ray.

Such a sad story..... "It doesn't just move you. It devastates you!"

You guys know THORA already has HD dual/multi audio encodes of Castle in the Sky and Whisper of the Heart right? Mind you they are huge sizes of course, but their encodes have been available for a while.

And they definitely need to get Princess Mononoke out on blu-ray! Spirited Away too! Although I have a nice sub-only 720p HDTV encode of that one.
ztor6.jpg

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

You guys know THORA already has HD dual/multi audio encodes of Castle in the Sky and Whisper of the Heart right? Mind you they are huge sizes of course, but their encodes have been available for a while.

Yes, but I want to buy them too.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • Local time: 01:06 PM
  • LocationGreat White North

Yes, but I want to buy them too.

Ah, good man! I already own most of the Studio Ghibli films on DVD.
ztor6.jpg

Ero Penguin

Ero Penguin

Mushi

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:06 PM

Such a sad story..... "It doesn't just move you. It devastates you!"

It hurts even more when you don't know beforehand that it's a tragic movie and then it suddenly hits you in just one line that Seita says *heart shattered*
I would gladly buy some of the Ghibli movies but sadly I don't have the means to do so.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:06 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Ah, good man! I already own most of the Studio Ghibli films on DVD.

And soon on Blu-ray!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users