Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Windows 8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 06:51 AM

I have put a lot of reg hacking into my current copy of win 7 that will not work on the win 8 gui, I dont want to have learn all the new reg additions to win 8 to be able to customize the interface the way I want it to be, so I will not be swithing to the Tablet OS

What reg hacks are you using for windows 7?
vOEHoGZ.jpg

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 02:51 AM
a lot, most now are done by programs but I did the reg hack before I found out about the program, the main one which is the most important one to me is the one where I can have a different background for each of my 4 monitors, the 2nd and also almost equally important one ... having a task-bar for each of the monitors ... both now are done by display fusion ... so if I do kill my win 7 install I can get that and not have to do the reg hacks. But outside of reg hacks I have completely re done the main libraries for the OS I have removed a lot of legacy crap libraries and then add the many different compilers so that my install can natively compile C++, C, Java, Perl, and many other languages ... this all being said my OS footprint is fucking huge ... around 50GB for just the install.
I have left the main controls and the way the OS works alone, I just made it easy for me to do my coding at home and not have switch between or waste my ram on a Linux VM.
But that does not mean that I dont use my linux partition

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

Dragon Logic

Dragon Logic

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCanadia

a lot, most now are done by programs but I did the reg hack before I found out about the program, the main one which is the most important one to me is the one where I can have a different background for each of my 4 monitors, the 2nd and also almost equally important one ... having a task-bar for each of the monitors ... both now are done by display fusion ... so if I do kill my win 7 install I can get that and not have to do the reg hacks. But outside of reg hacks I have completely re done the main libraries for the OS I have removed a lot of legacy crap libraries and then add the many different compilers so that my install can natively compile C++, C, Java, Perl, and many other languages ... this all being said my OS footprint is fucking huge ... around 50GB for just the install.
I have left the main controls and the way the OS works alone, I just made it easy for me to do my coding at home and not have switch between or waste my ram on a Linux VM.
But that does not mean that I dont use my linux partition

Different background on each monitor: It's already in there.
Taskbar on each monitor: yep, it's there too.
(Source)
The coding thing: I'm not so sure...

For me, I think I would need a new hack to disable Windows Media Foundation, driver protection and hack the Bluetooth's "Play" button to open media files in defualt player (not in WMP). Then again, the only hack I found out of the three with Win7 was the WMF thing.

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
.... wait taskbars on each monitor in win 8 dont think so since it has no task bar ... it has that metro system

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:51 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
You can have a taskbar. Just it has no start button. BUt if you hover in the left corner, you get the Start window appearing any way,

Taskbar:
Posted Image

Edit:
when ever I hit Print Screen, the start window disappears, so you will have to take my word on it

Posted Image

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
I dont like the bar hidden and I like having the start menu its how I can tell its a windows machine without having to think, also another hack I used which I know will still exist in 8 is the reg hack that I had to do for the boot up sound ... my entire sound setup sounds like the .Hack//GU sound profile

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
The bar is not hidden, but like other Win OS' you can set it to hide (like I always do :P)

Posted Image

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
I never do

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Do you also have icons on your desktop? I can't stand that either!

Posted Image

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
I dont have icons on my desktop
i use a program called fences to hide them
when I am not using them, it makes for a very clean envirnment

have you not ever looked at the posts I made in what your desktop backgrounds are ... I just screen shot my desktop most of the time or at least I used to
but now I cant do that since I has 4 of them

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
I just googled fences, it looks like a great program!

Posted Image

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
it is, I love usin it ... I can keep what I need on the desktop but if I am not usin it I just double click on the desktop and it goes bye-by, and if I need it I double click the desktop again it comes back

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 06:51 AM
Just look at fence it is great, I think something like that is what windows 8 should of been like for desktop users.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
I agree

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

I think something like that is what windows 8 should of been like for desktop users.

OMG. OSgasm. That would be amazing.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users