Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Windows 8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 10:58 AM
regardless I will not be getting this tablet OS

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

Pra7ul

Pra7ul

King of Pirates

• VIP
  • 380 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:28 PM
  • LocationWindmill Village
If Windows 8 fail's then i don't know what else Microsoft is going to bring for it's Hater's. if nothing then people will be using windows 7 for a long time just like 'XP'

Pra7ul.jpg

iqpq.png

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 02:58 PM

If Windows 8 fail's then i don't know what else Microsoft is going to bring for it's Hater's. if nothing then people will be using windows 7 for a long time just like 'XP'

If windows 8 fails, microsoft will make two separate os, one for desktop and one for tablets. I will be using windows 7 intill there learn.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • Local time: 03:58 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand
I actually want to use windows 8... I need something fresh, getting sick of this old start menu and start button.
That is just my personal opinion though, if people want to be tied to a start menu like the current one (windows 7) then so be it.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:58 PM
  • LocationAustralia
Time to switch to good old Linux, am I right guys? xD

Posted Image

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 02:58 PM

People do think that's where the industry is going, I read that steam is trying to get 2000 games working on Linux if that happens more people will turn to linux and if computers start to be packaged with it, happy days for linuxs.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
and then my life will be even happier as I will not have to use windows

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • Local time: 03:58 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand

and then my life will be even happier as I will not have to use windows

Why do you have to use windows? You don't have to play games, so there should be no other reason for you to use it.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:58 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
dual boot anyone?

Posted Image

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
I already do that ... With LINUX, why the hell would I want to dual boot 2 versions of Windows

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
have a deca-boot of all the OSs

Posted Image

Sayer

Sayer

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 83 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:28 AM
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia
I'll try and get the RTM going by the week end. Just been a tad busy with uni lately. I'm against the idea of a tablet interface being forced on desktop users, but it's not as bad as most people say. Takes a little getting used to and learning a few things, other than that it's pretty cool.

icon_kcp.png 

Valkexia

Valkexia

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:58 PM
I'm currently using the enterprise RTM. First of all, it boots up 7 secs and shuts down 1 sec on my relic laptop. It's not very different to how I use win7. The Desktop is still there. Right now, I really don't want to come back to win7. The only problems I currently have with it is that I can't use my printer :P and the gadgets I depend on are no more :O .

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
and I use network printers and I use gadgets so I can tell what the hell is going on in the inside of my machine

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 03:58 PM
  • LocationUK

Posted Image

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
lol nice one

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Yeah, certainly is pretty funny!

Will download the enterprise RTM when i get home this morning and see how I like it. Most prob install it on Monday!

Posted Image

Dragon Logic

Dragon Logic

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCanadia
I played around with the dev preview build a few months ago. I got it to look like Windows 7 (I used a registry hack instead of programs back then). I had a nice, a little broken in terms of wifi, Win7 netbook in place of WinXP. It was nice, but startup was slow.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
I have been playing with the RMT x64 all day. Still not finished. So far, programs, games, playing with various settings, the network options admin stuff etc, Win7 vs Win8 has no real difference (qualitative data/real-life performance) other than the interface. It, looks like it comes down to prefences with GUI. You either stick with the WIn7 user interface or move on to this.

To me, WIn8s draw back is the inability to boot straight to desktop So you cannot skip the Start screen if you so wish. If it allowed that (which you can do with some reg tinkering and shit i believe), it would be a definite win over Win7. However, I am still not fully accustomed to the new way and unsure which interface I prefer, so will give a few days to sink in. Though, I am very happy with.

If I stick with windows 8 I may do a clean install of Win7 and run some performance tests on it, then do a clean install of Win 8 and test that ( or the other way around) to see the more objective performance results (quantitative data) myself, rather than just go by what I see on the net. I may also compare performance with different nVidia drivers, but again we shall see. Though it looks like any difference will be negligible and it still comes down to preferences in interface.

Posted Image

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
I have put a lot of reg hacking into my current copy of win 7 that will not work on the win 8 gui, I dont want to have learn all the new reg additions to win 8 to be able to customize the interface the way I want it to be, so I will not be swithing to the Tablet OS

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users