Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Filefactory 1 yr premium for half price

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

lordashram

lordashram

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 227 posts
  • 103 thanks
  • Local time: 05:46 PM
  • Location\m/(^_^)\m/
$39 instead of $79.
I have a web coupon for new accounts only, so pm me if ya interested.
I also don't know how long the coupon will last.

Posted Image

Stop, collaborate and listen

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
this isn't a bad deal.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 04:46 PM
Don't care, their service sucks.

Sure they blame it on being overloaded, but they've had more than a month to fix that and so far their service has only gotten worse. It's nearly impossible to download anything as a free user, and when you do manage to get it started it's extremely slow, cuts out, etc.

For file hosts there is much better options, such as JumboFiles.

However I find my money is better spent on a cheap dedi which I'm installing an xdcc iroffer bot and seedbox on.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 987 thanks
  • Local time: 03:46 PM
  • LocationSunny, Sunny Kalifornia

Sure they blame it on being overloaded, but they've had more than a month to fix that and so far their service has only gotten worse. It's nearly impossible to download anything as a free user, and when you do manage to get it started it's extremely slow, cuts out, etc.

People have been telling me my TrafficShare links work just fine, even for free users. You seem to be the only one who's having problems. Perhaps an issue on your end?

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:46 AM
  • LocationAustralia
^They do work, but they are slow as hell. Also uploading to FF is a total pain in the ass, which is a real turn off.

Posted Image

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 987 thanks
Hmm. What kind of speed are you looking at?

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • Local time: 06:46 PM
  • LocationGreat White North
People don't need your coupon for the discount. Just create a new free account and they'll email you a 50% sale offer, along with half a dozen other spam emails.

Actually, I think you can just go to http://www.filefacto...m/premium/promo

And FF speeds are hardly any good right now, even for premium users. I use a premium cookie hack, and at best get 300-400 kB/s, but more often much less. And that's when the link even works. So often you simply can't access some links at all for several days, although they do always eventually work at least.

Mind you FF is still shitloads better then some of the other places I've tried. With some of them you literally only get a trickle that makes even RapidShare at 30 kB/s seem fast, insanely long wait times between downloads, and connections that flake out way too often to be of any use.
ztor6.jpg

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:46 AM
  • LocationAustralia

Hmm. What kind of speed are you looking at?

Right now 40KB/s, I'm not complaining, but uploading to FF isn't nice at all. Worse filehosting site I ever uploaded to...

Posted Image

lordashram

lordashram

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 227 posts
  • 103 thanks
  • Location\m/(^_^)\m/
I've actually had the least amount of trouble uploading to ff, using ftp and i've ftp uploaded at least once to most of the file hosts.
So far I haven't had to re-up to ff yet but I've had to re-up several times to df, fsrv & fsnc many times because the files simply didn't show up in their online file manager. I don't do jf simply because I can't get any file to upload either via web or ftp.

As for download speed, the two I've been using lately to upload to, I was getting on free accounts between 100k-300k but with prem for ff I'm getting up to 600k, the rest I get between 20k-200k though most averaging around 40k (except rs of course). So basically they all suck right now compared to what we've become accustomed to.

Though my main reason for getting ff has less to do with uploading and more to do with downloading, since what I am using it for the files are over 1gb and hence the need for prems.

Speaking of file hosts, nl looks to becoming the defacto file host for regular movies, I have an account with nl and could also upload to nl too but it is only worth it if others have prems to nl too.

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
ya know i just wonder how much bandwidth mega was pulling through its servers...? it had to have been into the hundreds of terabytes or maybe even a few dozen petabytes per DAY.... just thinking about it all other hosts combined would EASILY get swamped for at least a year or two before they can catch up to that kind of demand. hence why FF is piratically giving away accounts, they just need the capital now to upgrade all their servers.

lordashram

lordashram

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 227 posts
  • 103 thanks
  • Location\m/(^_^)\m/
Not just mu, between mu, fsrv & fsnc they owned most of all the file host traffic, the others are still playing catch up, and hell who knows how long it is going to take the others to get to where they can handle the bandwidth needs.

But to give you an idea, I had read that before mu when down, it was responsible for over 10% of all internet traffic, that is a hell of a lot of data.

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
well i knew it was ranked in the top 10 most popular websites but i didnt know about the traffic.

lordashram

lordashram

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 227 posts
  • 103 thanks
  • Location\m/(^_^)\m/
yeah & knowing that it makes even more since why the fbi went after them. they nailed their own coffins with their internal emails but you know that the fbi was and probably still are monitoring the emails of all the file host sites. even at an overestimation that half their traffic was legit, that is still an insane amount of traffic of pirated material being transferred daily.

so the downside is all the flooding to other sites and them not being able to keep up with the surge in traffic, but at the same time, like ff, i expect some of the other hosters to start doing the same with really cheap 1 yr prems to pay for the capitol for upgrades at their data centers. ironically i see the biggest loser of all of this is the data centers that mu was renting server space for, they have to had been making some serious $$ at the time but are not now and probably won't again from possible fear that the fbi is still watching them.

i did have a thought about the different file hosters speeds, they are probably like mobile phone companies, what works for me is crap for you and vice versa.

Posted Image

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
Offtopic about spying on email:

It's nice to see it done the other way around:
http://wikileaks.org/the-gifiles.html

and Anonymous found the CEO's resignation email due to this:
http://pastebin.com/w0uQ1XX1

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 987 thanks
Did a quick check of the support section of FF, and it looks like free users can upload again, and free users can download files larger than 500MB. Speeds are still meh for free users, but hey, at least you can download them now.

Of course, file size was irrelevant for my releases, since AniPas gets the nifty TrafficShare feature.

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
Still bad for free users right now. On certain files it often says, No Free Slots Available. And when I can get them started in the late AM hours, often drops before it gets to the end with it's slow 11KB/s to 90KB/s speed, which requires to start all over.
With them being overloaded, they seem to be cutting back the most on the free usage.

Uploading is horrible using the web interface. With many IO and HTTP errors before reaching the end, as of late, even when it does reach it, it gets stuck on processing file. And confirmed that it does not get uploaded when that happens. Even tried the simple upload interface which displays a blank page with some random numbers at top when it reaches the end. Waiting till they can better handle the traffic before trying again. But the upload speed is okay, when it does work.

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:46 PM
FileFactory is fine for free users: https://www.google.c...premium+cookies
And if you have some ethical issues with using premium cookies just think about what it is you're trying to download.
You're better off investing your money in the anime scene than in a bunch of people trying to make money out of hosting illegal stuff. :P

Posted Image

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 987 thanks
What kind of speeds are you getting with those cookies? When I use my premium account to DL stuff, I get 1.5+ MB/s consistent. If you get similar speeds, that's a great find for free downloaders.

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:46 PM
For each separate file I seem to get a 2MB/sec cap.
But I can download multiple at a time to get my full 5MB/sec speed without any problems. :)

Posted Image

MysterySword

MysterySword

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 260 posts
  • 395 thanks
  • Local time: 06:46 PM
  • LocationFlagship Brunhilde
I just use a FileFactory premium link generator (SpeedyShare has some interesting features, lol).

For free users, FF is terrible, and it always has been.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users