Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rapidshare Caps download speed for free users...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 05:08 PM
Remember how fast dial up was?, well rapidshare caps speeds at 30kb and disables download resume for free users :(

RapidShare is one of the most well known file storage and transfer services on the web. But today it’s angered a lot of users by introducing severe new limits on free account downloads.
Remember the days of dial-up Internet? Well, RapidShare is taking free account holders back to those days by limiting downloads speeds to just 30kb/s. If that wasn’t enough to make that multi-gigabyte file download painful, if it stops downloading for some reason e.g. your connection times out, you no longer have the option to resume as that feature has been disabled.
As a final kick in the teeth for free users, it looks as though RapidShare has also introduced pauses to every download. So while it may look like a download has stalled, it is in fact RapidShare pausing the download on purpose, which makes downloading take even longer.
Of course, there is a very easy way to bypass all these problems: pay for a premium RapidPro account. It looks as if all these hurdles to downloading using a free account are meant to act as a big hint to users that they should upgrade and pay for the privilege of using the service.
I suspect many users won’t take the hint and instead will look to other services for downloading and sharing large files. After all, RapidPro isn’t exactly cheap. 30 days costs $12.90, 150 days is $39, or you can get 2 years access for $130.
RapidShare will no doubt monitor how the changes to the free account impact use and upgrades. If they see more people leaving than upgrading, I’m sure the download speed cap will be increased and resume functionality re-implemented.

http://www.geek.com/...esume-20120217/
vOEHoGZ.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 01:08 PM
ya... i guess they are getting flooded and want them all to leave.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:08 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
This is what happens when there is a limited supply and high demand

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 12:08 PM
This actually happened last week, figured everyone knew it by now.

They also have random 6 to 30 minute wait times between downloading files.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 01:08 PM
im pretty sure the wait time is determined by file size, well it used to be.

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 06:08 PM
  • LocationUK
Well woopie. :|

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:08 PM
  • LocationLithuania
Neither sad, neither angry. Was a little bit surprised at first, but that's that. Well, I'm not very effected by it really. The files I download from there (yes I do that) are somewhere around 100MB. So 30Kb/s does not scare me. And no waiting time for me. Though it takes hour or so (didn't count precisely) to download, that is fine with me. Either way, at the same time I download other bunch of stuff from elsewhere.

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:08 PM
Downloading the [DBNL] One Piece dual audio files that are all on rapidshare is taking forever. JDownloader gives an ETA of 28 days, ha ha. It's constantly at 30Kb/s. And no noticeable wait between files now. It's coming along slowly but surely. Couple of times I almost gave in and bought a subscription. But gonna wait and see which DDL sites become popular as new ones are still entering the market.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users