Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guide to making XBMC into an anime powerhouse

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:27 PM
  • LocationAustralia
Try using this? http://www.ebay.com....984.m1497.l2649 I got it for 15 AUD =)

Works, and so far no complaints. I might consider getting a Logitech harmony remote but so far I don't see the point yet. As someone stated I could've used my tablet as a remote. But still I like the idea of having a dedicated remote. Will use my tablet for keyboard and mouse or something with a remote desktop app.

Posted Image

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:27 AM
  • LocationDenmark
I just use a wiimote :)
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

You are not a florist! You are a manufacturer of weapons!

Zenbaas

Zenbaas

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:27 AM

Came across this thread and just wanted to say thank you very much. Not a ton of guides out there. I also see it's been a year and a half since somone last posted in this thread and wondered if anything substantial has changed in this period of time with regards to the original guide...?

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:27 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

At the moment, I am using an external media player for MKVs with the latest stable build of XBMC. I use the Kawaii codec pack without the optional stuff

Make a playercorefactory.xml file inside your XBMC "\UserData\" folder (this is in you win7/win8 'C:/Users/<your user>/appdata/roaming/XBMC/userdata' directory)

I then use the following code in my playercorefactory.xml file:

<playercorefactory>

<players>
   <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\KCP\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
 </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>
It is much better than using the built in player for XBMC. I tweak the setting as per the KCP guide I linked (bar the optional components) then in my LAV Audio Filter settings I enabled bit-streaming for all the audio formats as I have a compatible AVR as part of my home theatre system which decodes all the audio for me!

My scraper, MediaScout, no longer works too well so I have switched to Media Center Master

Posted Image

tabishmon

tabishmon

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:57 AM

Will all of these addons and customizations be supported on the ouya like will there be any lag or stutter during playback or while browsing?And also will i b able to add skinsto my xbmc on the ouya with its hardware capabilities?(aeon nox to be precise)

Thanks in advance! :D

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 39 thanks
  • Local time: 06:27 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand
This guide is Windows-centric, so all the 'addons and customizations' that are mentioned wont work under Linux or Android.

The ouya is underpowered to say the least. You should be able to play stock standard 8bit videos that have been encoded to level 4.1 specs, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I wouldn't even bother with hi10p videos.

Skins shouldn't be OS dependant (if they are, then it defeats the purpose of a skin), but if it's graphically intensive, the ouya may struggle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users