Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guide to making XBMC into an anime powerhouse

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:28 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
think of what you miss out on though, or the stress.

Posted Image

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:28 AM
  • LocationAustralia
@Zach, hahaha true true, I rather work 40 hours a week and get paid over 100K lol.

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
This thread needs more work... please... I will do things for you :blushing:

Posted Image

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:28 AM
  • LocationDenmark
Consider asking specific questions Zach :) If you have any I will try to answer with Qifu and they may fit into the unfinished guide :)
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

You are not a florist! You are a manufacturer of weapons!

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
That is a good idea!

I want to know how to have custom home menus with the new horizontal confluence. I had them with the vertical version like so:

Posted Image

I could just use a different skin like Neon, however it lacks the sliding runtime bar for FW and RW , that thing is so handy.

I already have the smart playlists to separate anime films, anime series, films and TV series. Just not the custom home-menu to apply them to!!

I would greatly appreciate the files to overwrite mine with or directions to edit the skin to allow this on the confluence horizontal skin!

Posted Image

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDenmark
I am stumped, cannot even find the setting to change to a vertical menu (but maybe that was only in Dharma?)
I use Aeon Nox and it is actually really easy to set this up from the interface and without moving code around. Also I am not sure what you mean with a sliding runtime bar? Both neon and Aeon Nox has a time indicator when you increase or decrease the speed / skip forward/backward.
But other than that I just don't like Confluence, too many submenus.
I did try googling a solution other than trying other skins:
This is for manually adding them in the xml files:
http://forum.xbmc.or...86962#pid986962

And this is an interface mod:
https://github.com/m...a15c62cc76b4254

Keep in mind though, I have tested none of this. :)
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
This guide only supports Windows versions of XBMC?
/me wants to run it on Linux

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

I am stumped, cannot even find the setting to change to a vertical menu (but maybe that was only in Dharma?)
I use Aeon Nox and it is actually really easy to set this up from the interface and without moving code around. Also I am not sure what you mean with a sliding runtime bar? Both neon and Aeon Nox has a time indicator when you increase or decrease the speed / skip forward/backward.
But other than that I just don't like Confluence, too many submenus.
I did try googling a solution other than trying other skins:
This is for manually adding them in the xml files:
http://forum.xbmc.or...86962#pid986962

And this is an interface mod:

Keep in mind though, I have tested none of this. :)

Vertical menu confluence is a skin you can get. It use to be the standard one but now horizontal is.

It is a bar near or next to the time indicator, though I did not know what to call it. These pictures will help explain it:

Posted Image

note the sliding bar i can use to adjust the playtime in confluence!

This next image is a Clannad spoiler

Spoiler

note the lack of bar for me to slide and adjust the playtime in neon.

Posted Image

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:28 AM
  • LocationAustralia
Lol it's called a seeking bar, well that's what I call it. Looks nice, but I still cbf setting up my one without the guide. Also still have to wait until I build my HTPC.

Edit:
WHY YOU HAVE TO SPOIL CLANNAD!! LOL

Spoiler

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Hahaha :P Editted that.

I managed to fix my issue.
First, I tested out the mod-skin for confluence horizontal that virtureal linked to:

It only gave the option to add two playlists to the homemenu, giving me "Anime Films" and "Anime Series". However, it did have "HD-Movies" and "Documentries" as items in the homemenu. So I changed the labels to "TV Shows" and "Movies" then changed their their playlists to the appropriate one.

This is all done at ( on Win7) C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.moddedconfluence\720p\Home.xml.

the editted code should look like this:

<item id="26">
<description>HD Movies</description>
<label>TV Shows</label>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/hdmovies.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_HD_Folder)]</thumb>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,special://skin/playlists/TV Shows.xsp,return)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoHDMoviesButton) + Library.HasContent(Movies)</visible>

and the other:

<item id="27">
<description>Dokumentary</description>
<label>Movies</label>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/documentary.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Docu_Folder)]</thumb>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,special://skin/playlists/Movies.xsp,return)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoDocuButton) + Library.HasContent(Movies)</visible>
</item>

Note how I only change <label> values and the .xsp (playlist file) in <onclick>, it is all that needs to be done. Though you could go changing all the code if you felt a need to...

Oh, and you have to move the playlist files to C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.moddedconfluence\playlists for them to work!

Posted Image

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:28 PM
Sorry for the long delay, but the guide has been updated to include everything you need to get XBMC playing hi10p.

I'm going to add instruction on creating seperate anime categories and how to properly source all of your anime files after I finish dinner and see Battleship.

Again, sorry for the delay, and enjoy!

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
YATTA!!!!!!

Thank you lots! I will be having a look at that!! My tinkering, although works, comes up with a script error at the main menu. It pop ups and makes a horrible sound, gives me the shits and I have no idea how to fix it. It will be good to get it working 100%

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Also you skipped stuff on haali in the installation instructions!

Posted Image

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

Also you skipped stuff on haali in the installation instructions!

Haali installs with CCCP, but I will mention it more explicitly. As for specific settings for Haali, I don't think there was anything I had to change from the default settings but I'll check just in case.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Ahhh ok!!

Posted Image

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
Added a brief blurb about Haali's inclusion with CCCP, and described the difference between the AniDB.net and TheTVDB scrapers. Next up is sorting files into a decent folder structure, absolute/nonabsolute ordering, choosing a scraper, and using regular expressions to process everything into XBMC.

With that done all anime will be sorted into XBMC, then it will just be a matter of separating the anime from the tv shows list and customizing the home screen/skin.

Does anyone think I should explain anime movies as well? The ideas are pretty much identical as dealing with tv shows, just a bit of difference when using *.nfo files.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
If you have the time it might be a good idea. There could be users following it word for word, with no understanding of what is going on.

Posted Image

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

If you have the time it might be a good idea. There could be users following it word for word, with no understanding of what is going on.

Ok I'll include it when I go over scraping tv shows. I'll write that part up after work tonight.

On another note, I'M TYPING THIS ON MY PHONE! WOOO!!!!!

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDenmark
Zach, are you seeking with your mouse or something, cause I can see how, if that is possible, is also very useful, but most people using xbmc will use it on dedicated htpc's connected to a tv/projector making it a non-issue because these systems use remotes etc. instead of a mouse. If this is the case have you checked out some of the touchscreen optimized skins?

Also sorry for the fact that I never check this site :S

EDIT: Here's a picture of the non-interactive seekbar in Aeon Nox:
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
I got a wireless mouse and keyboard. It would be such an inconvenience to have to use something other than a the HTPC for anything else. Want to look something up? alt+tab out of XBMC, check on downloads, add downloads, quickly check emails, jump on facebook, anything else. Screw getting of the couch and walking to my room and using my gaming PC. I want to pause my anime, and do it right there and then. Or play lieroXtreme drunk with other people on the TV HAVE to have a keyboard for that! People really miss-judge the true potential of the HTPC, should be HEPC; Home Entertainment Personal Computer.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users