Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guide to making XBMC into an anime powerhouse

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

vaskie

vaskie

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 87 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:10 PM
im guessing card captor sakura

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:10 AM
  • LocationDenmark
Vaskie guessed correctly
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

You are not a florist! You are a manufacturer of weapons!

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:10 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
was it so hard to guess?

This thread will be great! Just done a clean install of Win7 on my now to be HTPC and was just wondering how will i ever get 10bit etc to work on XBMC!!! (Did test WHS2011 all today on it, not a fan...)

Posted Image

Demigod

Demigod

The Everchanging

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:10 PM
Can't wait for the guide to be done and this looks pretty cool. I didn't know there was software like this that could make an anime hoarder's stash look fancy and cool.

Thanks for the guide and keep up the good work.

tumblr_mvpgqxNIAk1qe1i57o1_r1_500.gif

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:10 AM
  • LocationAustralia
There is a new version of XBMC, version 11. You gonna update the thread accordingly? Lol Anyways I can't wait for this to be done as well!

Posted Image

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDenmark
He would already be running the Eden (v11) beta to be using DSPlayer so no change in the guide would be necessary.
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia
Hmm that proves how much of a nub I am at this. Anyways this might be a stupid question, but do you guys use a remote control with this? Or just your keyboard? If you do use a remote control which one would be a good one to use with XBMC?

Posted Image

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:10 PM
I use a harmony remote, it does absolutely everything I need. I'll include how to setup a remote control in the guide when I finally have more time to write it. (hopefully this weekend).

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
xbmc remote app for your phone! Is free!

Posted Image

Nightmaren

Nightmaren

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:10 PM
This is awesome. Looking forward to this!

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
I hope you can work on this more!

Posted Image

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia

This is going to take me at least a week probably.

What happen to that? Lol At the rate you're going I have a feeling it's gonna take a few years LOL!! xD

Posted Image

vaskie

vaskie

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 87 posts
  • 0 thanks

What happen to that? Lol At the rate you're going I have a feeling it's gonna take a few years LOL!! xD

hahaha i've been wanting to say that for awhile but didnt wanna bite the hand that feeds ;P.

At this point ive built my computer, gotten a good install done, customized the skin for anime and custom menu items, hooked up and use a ps3 blue tooth remote, among other things. Still fine tuning, would like to see what he has to say about .nfo's cause i havent found good information on anime and nfo's sense all my anime is separate and not grouped together for seasons.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

hahaha i've been wanting to say that for awhile but didnt wanna bite the hand that feeds ;P.

At this point ive built my computer, gotten a good install done, customized the skin for anime and custom menu items, hooked up and use a ps3 blue tooth remote, among other things. Still fine tuning, would like to see what he has to say about .nfo's cause i havent found good information on anime and nfo's sense all my anime is separate and not grouped together for seasons.

How do you live?!?!

This is basically how everything is sorted for me.

HDD -> FOLDERS------------------------------------------------> FILES

Anime (1/2/3...) -> Anime Series (1/2/3...) -> [Name of Series] -> Season x -> (episode files go here)

Anime (1/2/3...)-> Anime Films (1/2/3...)-> [Name of Movie] -> (movie file goes here)

When I get enough anime movies, I will just put them all onto one HDD so it be 'Anime Series (1/2/3...)' and 'Anime Films (1/2/3...)', allowing me to remove the similarly named folders second in my directory!

NOTE: In the appropriate folders there are the metadata files, but is the directory layout which is the important thing here!

Posted Image

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:10 PM
It's alright to complain, I feel bad that I don't have enough time to work on this much. I'm working two jobs an average of 90 hours a week on top of school, so I'm barely at my comp much anymore. I'll get the next portion written in the next few days, I promise. I'm basically going to try and bust out a section every few days from now on. Next up, installing and making it all work! (while looking ugly)

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia
Lol don't worry, I just wanted to make a joke. Take your time and make it epic! We are all busy with our lives anyway.

Posted Image

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDenmark

would like to see what he has to say about .nfo's cause i havent found good information on anime and nfo's sense all my anime is separate and not grouped together for seasons.

You could probably do this:
Example Code Geass with renaming of files but seasons kept apart in widely different folders:
Do nothing in the Season 1 folder just let it scrape Code Geass.

But for your Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 folder do this:
Create a tvshow.nfo file with the link to Code Geass on thetvdb, in this case: http://thetvdb.com/?...series&id=79525
and rename your files with S02Exx or whatever formatting you use.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried it and I don't see any reason for you not to put the seasons in the same folder, you could also separate them by having a folder structure like: show -> season -> files if you want them separated.
If I misread and you did not want to rename files then it will be very troublesome and will probably require nfo files for every single episode, and that is not worth the trouble when you could just batch rename imo.

Also: I use a wiimote to control my XBMC install :)

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 992 thanks
  • LocationSunny, Sunny Kalifornia

I'm working two jobs an average of 90 hours a week on top of school, so I'm barely at my comp much anymore.

Dude, 90 hours a week? You're frigging insane, man, haha.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
yeah that is messed up, 40 is hard enough

Posted Image

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia
90 hours is alright if you're getting paid at least 25 dollars per hour. Since you could make over 2000 dollars each week xD That isn't bad, one year over 100k lol

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users