Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guide to making XBMC into an anime powerhouse

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:11 PM
:construction: THREAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION :construction:

So that means stay out for now! you damn spies. This is going to take me at least a week probably.

Anyway, everything below here is me planning things out and should thusly be ignored.

Now seriously, stop reading all of this before it's done.

GO AWAY.

Why XBMC?

Why use XBMC to play anime?
Spoiler

But I thought XBMC only had limited anime support?
Spoiler

So what am I going to learn in this guide?
Spoiler

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

Let's Get to Work!

Before we begin
Spoiler

Get the software you need
Spoiler

Installing everything
Spoiler

Getting XBMC to use our LAV filters
Spoiler

Double-check everything!
Spoiler

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

Let's Rock and Roll!

Testing XBMC
Spoiler

Adding shows
Spoiler

The difference between TheTVDB and AniDB scrapers
Spoiler

MORE TO COME ONCE HUNGER IS SATED

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
*Reserving for future expansion*

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

stuff to cover
----------------------------
XBMC
goals (hi10p/ordered chapter support, accessability, presentability, minor record keeping)
DSPlayer
RegExp for shows
RegExp for ignoring OP/ED
CCCP
LAV
3 ways to sort anime
tvshow.nfo
skins (Transparency!) (Aeon and Confluence ?)
custom home screen categories/subcategories
lots of screenshots

as a bonus:
movie trailers
Harmony remote
keyboard.xml

Ordering:
quickjump listing
Why XBMC?
Installing the Software---Setting up LAV and Haali
automating filenames/filters---adding anime to tv shows category---Ignoring OP/ED
smart playlists to seperate anime from regular shows and movies---customizing the homescreen/add subcategories
using a remote
adding movie trailers

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
I'll keep an eye on this thread while it's under construction. ^_^

Posted Image

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:11 AM
  • LocationDenmark
I got mine setup yesterday to play mkvs with LAV filters and the Haali splitter, so now I play normal mkvs with LAV hardware decoding (DXVA2) and 10bit with software decoding works great,just cannot play 1080p 10bit :( (AMD Zacate E-350)

Looking forward to some of your other points there.

And here's some images of my setup
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

You are not a florist! You are a manufacturer of weapons!

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:11 AM
  • LocationAustralia
Wow looks awesome! I gotta make my one, I really want something like that.

Posted Image

vaskie

vaskie

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 87 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:11 PM

I got mine setup yesterday to play mkvs with LAV filters and the Haali splitter, so now I play normal mkvs with LAV hardware decoding (DXVA2) and 10bit with software decoding works great,just cannot play 1080p 10bit :(

Looking forward to some of your other points there.

And here's some images of my setup

thats tits. I didnt even know you could do this. I have been using ps3 media server to serve up my 13TB of everything. Super watching this thread with anticipation.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:11 AM
  • LocationAustralia

thats tits..... Super watching this thread with anticipation.

Yup you got that one correct my friend! lmao :thumbsup:

Posted Image

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
Spies! Spies and thieves! All I did was setup this thread so my real work could begin this afternoon. Also, awesome Virtureal, I love having DSplayer in there. Only complaint is has some problems on multilayered subtitles. I'll show it all in the thread.

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDenmark
Yeah unfortunately DSplayer has problems with advanced subs, atm I am trying to make it use haali and mpc with all mkvs and lavvideo/audio with mkvs with Hi10p in their filename, it is giving me some trouble though.

Also: I like tits
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

Yeah unfortunately DSplayer has problems with advanced subs, atm I am trying to make it use haali and mpc with all mkvs and lavvideo/audio with mkvs with Hi10p in their filename, it is giving me some trouble though.

Also: I like tits

If you use the playercorefactory.xml file you can have it ruled out, which is what I'm assuming you're doing. I specify that rule with
<rule filename=".*hi10p.*|.*ordchap.*" player="dsplayer"/>
in my playercorefactory.xml file.

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDenmark
I could not use playercorefactory because I wanted to use DSplayer for all mkvs in general for the haali splitter, but I did not want to use LAV software decoding all the time, this is still an easy fix though the changes just needs to go in DSplayer mediasconfig instead. My problem was that I didn't and still don't know regular expressions and therefore removed that dot in front of the star before hi10p, I fixed it though and this is what it looks like in my mediasconfig.xml now:
	<rule filename=".*Hi10p*">
	  <source filter="haali"/>
	  <splitter filter="haali"/>
	  <video filter="lavvideo"/>
	  <audio filter="lavaudio"/>
	</rule>
	<rule filetypes="mkv"/>
	  <source filter="haali"/>
	  <video filter="mpcvideodec"/>
	  <audio filter="mpaaudiodec"/>
	</rule>

EDIT: I didn't not read yours through, I could do that yeah, but that would require me to rename all my episodes with ordered chapters, is there any benefit in doing this other than perfect subs?

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

I could not use playercorefactory because I wanted to use DSplayer for all mkvs in general for the haali splitter, but I did not want to use LAV software decoding all the time, this is still an easy fix though the changes just needs to go in DSplayer mediasconfig instead. My problem was that I didn't and still don't know regular expressions and therefore removed that dot in front of the star before hi10p, I fixed it though and this is what it looks like in my mediasconfig.xml now:

<rule filename=".*Hi10p*">
	  <source filter="haali"/>
	  <video filter="lavvideo"/>
	  <audio filter="lavaudio"/>
	</rule>
	<rule filetypes="mkv"/>
	  <source filter="haali"/>
	  <video filter="mpcvideodec"/>
	  <audio filter="mpaaudiodec"/>
	</rule>

EDIT: I didn't not read yours through, I could do that yeah, but that would require me to rename all my episodes with ordered chapters, is there any benefit in doing this other than perfect subs?

I like it because I always sort my anime myself, and when I'm doing that it is a simple matter to just add either ".hi10p" or ".ordchap" to the end of a file name. That way I never have to use the "play using" menu, and it serves as a helpful reminder when I'm transferring the files to another system that doesn't have xbmc so I know what to use to play the files.

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDenmark
Yeah I can see that, but how often has a show got fancy subs which aren't displaying in DSplayer and no ordered chapters or Hi10p? For now I think I'll just stick to DSplayer.

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
The only shows I've seen have problems are Bakemonogatari's episode 1 and Amagami SS's OPs.

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDenmark
And the OP/ED in Coalgirls CCS

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
What's CCS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users