Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BakaBT and Elfen Lied Upscale

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 02:46 AM

So you redid it in hi10p, first time I have seen you redo a anime.

ya i redid it back in november. and i redid it because there was a video error in V1 where the frame rate was lowered introducing stuttering.

EDIT: OH! look at my new bakabt AVATAR! isnt in perdy?

Posted Image

Shima

Shima

Mangaka

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:16 PM
  • LocationIndia
^Sure is!
(Are you actually using that on bakabt? Hats off to you if you are... :) )

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:46 AM
  • LocationDenmark
That avatar :D

I just love your Elfen Lied upscale, that much I can say. (Though, I wouldn't really call it oversharpened.)
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

You are not a florist! You are a manufacturer of weapons!

Ero Penguin

Ero Penguin

Mushi

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:46 PM
Oversharpened or not, if it looks better than what they are currently offering (which it does without a doubt), I don't see any reason why they should reject this.

Can I have that that pic without all that text please?
nvm found it

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
sry someone posted that image in response to my request. so i took it and made it my avatar there.

also now that more "prominent" members are responding and not basic members that just want my release is is getting dirty. meaning that it is their old crippled community that is holding the true potential of BakaBT back, as their members seem to want it.

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDenmark
I liked how Daiz did not provide his filter chain and instead tried to change the topic ^^

Also how the normal users are beginning to step up and see the bigger picture
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

You are not a florist! You are a manufacturer of weapons!

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
oh i am loving this sooo much. it is actually different than i though it would be but still fun. there is actually more normal people in support of the release than i thought and i just love how most say that if it doesnt get approved they will find a way to get it.

i was actually expecting to see about 3-4 people like Daiz but so far it isnt too bad. lol in 2 days it has 55 posts ^_^ i guess i can do that to people ;)

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • LocationUK
Had a look at the screens and it doesn't look oversharpened to me, looks about right. In saying that, I like my anime slightly sharper than most people. For a while I was putting all the anime I watched through FFDShow with Unsharpen at about 12-16. I did the same with my recent Punie-chan encode. But it's my encode, so screw anyone that argues. They don't have to download it.

Note: I no longer bother with on the fly sharpening. Can't be arsed to turn it on and off all the time.

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
I love sharpened images and I tend to overshapren on the first go around and have to go back to fix it

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

Demigod

Demigod

The Everchanging

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:46 AM
people at bakabt bitch too much over little things geez im surprised it hasn't been renamed BITCHALOT.

tumblr_mvpgqxNIAk1qe1i57o1_r1_500.gif

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
GREAT COMMENT!!!! well their site is named Baka, ya know... for idiots.

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Local time: 08:46 AM
  • LocationEurope

GREAT COMMENT!!!! well their site is named Baka, ya know... for idiots.

Hehe. That's why I'm calling them BakabakaBT :lol:

I still don't get why we are not allowed to offer our encodes without any approval in the first place.
Shitty torrents have no seeds and die. The best ones live for ever. That's called natural selection.

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
  • Local time: 01:46 AM
looks like the the post on baka has turned into a pissing match.

i like it
this is crap
why upscale a dvd to 720
i think i will stick with my 480 version
over filtered
over sharperned
crap
more crap
why is this even offered

i feel like R.Kelly from back in the back... girl i just want to piss on you... LOL

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationEurope
Posted Image

:rofl:

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
  • Local time: 01:46 AM
now that is just to funny. in the past they didn't care if member were acting like kids. Cman has gone and broke BakaBT with his offer.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
hay when i make a splash its a tsunami!

Demigod

Demigod

The Everchanging

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • 0 thanks

All I have to say if you don't like his encode then encode this anime yourself and just see how many people download yours. Whoever has the most downloads is the better encode. And you people who like the originals or the "natural" look of the anime then go buy your own damn copy of the anime and not pirate it you cheapskates.

Your answering a 25 day old member called emo death whos probably a 13 year old basement dweller...just ignore it

WTF BITCH PLEASE!!! I'M 18 AND HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A BASEMENT MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!

"Do it yourself" is not an argument to begin with and doesn't stop shit from being shit, even if it might be the best shit out there.

I think this is a valid argument. If you say something sucks in turn your saying you can do a better job than the one that was done. So if you can do a better job then do it to prove that the previous job did suck.

oh my lord, that is so not true. most people download the first and "watchable" they can find. not waiting around to download the best. most people just wanna see the new episode as fast as possible.

OH MY GOD REALLY? I HAD NO IDEA THAT AN ELFEN LIED DVD UPSCALE CAN BE COMPARED TO AN AIRING TV SHOW.

Downloads does not equate quality, unless you think HorribleSubs has the BESTEST QUALITY EVER.

Well if someone didn't take this out of context> I was talking about this particular encode and your version of the encode mentioned in my rant.

shika21

shika21

Mushi

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • 30 thanks
  • Local time: 11:46 PM
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA
my god, i got a headache reading through all the posts over there :stupidpc:
i don't know if i'd call you a 'gentleman' or a 'scholar', but you've definitely gotta have the patience of a saint to put up with some of that crap :innocent:

Demigod

Demigod

The Everchanging

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • 0 thanks

my god, i got a headache reading through all the posts over there :stupidpc:
i don't know if i'd call you a 'gentleman' or a 'scholar', but you've definitely gotta have the patience of a saint to put up with some of that crap :innocent:

Yeah if they didn't lock that thread I would be rage posting this stuff up in there.

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationEurope

hay when i make a splash its a tsunami!

Posted Image

:P