Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BakaBT and Elfen Lied Upscale

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 01:10 PM
so what do you think the verdict will be and how long will it take?

http://bakabt.me/164...-720p-hi10.html

Hark0n

Hark0n

Meitantei

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:10 PM
  • LocationLatvia
After seeing what happened to "Eternal Diva" it will probably be rejected in less than a week. As I mention on other post, 480p has better chances.

P.S. I already have the best version and I don't care if users of BBT will get it.

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • LocationGreat White North
Either they'll dismiss it out of hand without even looking at it, because it's an upscale, or else they'll actually LOOK at it and realize, WOW, this is REALLY good!
ztor6.jpg

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:10 PM
And the bitching has started. lol

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
Well the comments are.... o.o

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Shima

Shima

Mangaka

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:40 PM
  • LocationIndia
Wasn't Elfen Lied a FUNimation licensed anime? I thought bakabt didn't accept FUNi's shows to begin with.

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Local time: 07:10 PM
  • LocationEurope

Wasn't Elfen Lied a FUNimation licensed anime? I thought bakabt didn't accept FUNi's shows to begin with.

Good point, sadly.

But why bothering about BakabakaBT anyway?

Cman, you said about your encode that you was "curious to see if this meets BakaBT standards", but I rather think that the BakaBT team should start thinking about whether their policy still meets the modern standards set by encoders like you, instead.

The same goes for some users over there.
If they are only ineterested in the best quality when it is available on BakaBT, or are not willing to compare encodes seriously and to think for themselve, they are simply not worthy for getting the best quality.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
its not a funimation licence.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

Technically it was an ADV Films license.
FUNimation rescued the licensed and re-released it on dvd.
But now Sentai Filmworks holds the license.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
what did i do.... cman offers first upscale dvd encode on to high horse. i going to say this is going to go one forever. i will have to say around the bakabt in 90 days.

i think when they say best quality. they should really mean all around audio, video & subs in the format they are looking for. i really think they go for acc & flac more then the original files on HD version. bakabt is a matter of being the best. but when it all comes down to it. it doesn't matter if your offer is the best or not. it has to meet or beat the audio, video & sub's standards before it will get approved.

i wonder if they would take a 720 xvid with mp3 surround sound. just asking. i dont want to waste my time. but it would be funny. it would play on everything device.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks

what did i do.... cman offers first upscale dvd encode on to high horse. i going to say this is going to go one forever. i will have to say around the bakabt in 90 days.

can you rephrase this? im having a hard time understanding.

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
i was referring to my other post about the Professor remux, with the what did i do. the high horse is bakabt. your release would approved/reject in about 90 days, because they dont know what to do with it.

animepassion opens bakabt eyes to new ways to look at anime.

EDIT: i have been thinking about asking to have all my releases removed from the site.

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • LocationGreat White North
Asking to have all your releases removed from their site would just be petty. Whether you agree with them or not, there is a general logic to BakaBT's rules. They may not always be perfect, but nothing is. And just like politics, you can't make everybody happy.

It would be nicer for BakaBT and AnimePassion to co-exist peacefully, and not create friction or tension. AnimePassion will be a great resource for specialty encodes that won't be found elsewhere!
ztor6.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
well i have nothing against BakaBT and their vast collection of great releases. i only REALLY REALLY dislike the "politics" behind getting something approved. and some people there can just be soo damn rude it isnt funny. but hay someone just said this on my request:

February 19th 2012 (15 mins)
This upscale does look a lot better in my opinion. Hope it gets passed! You're a gentleman and a scholar Cman21.

gentalemen :huh: scholar :sweat: umm........... ok.

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
all of mine were rejected within a matter of days, they said that the subs were not styled, its like they dont even look at the video quality, that is only one of the reasons I no longer ask for them to even look at my stuff

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
i also have nothing against the collection they offer, but they need to update the rules. nothing has changed since xivd went out & was changed to x264/h264. they need a subtitle index.

i got this on my Blue Sub release.

February 18th 2012 (7 hours)
looks like bakabt is finally seeing to all its backlog in the offers dept Posted Image Posted Image

&

February 18th 2012 (9 hours)
Good riddance.
Though I would have liked another reason for a rejection… Ahem.

I added the file on September 29th 2011.
here was the compares

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
see that crap is what pisses me off. and why i would never spend a lot of time on that site. the community is quite rude and are not "gentlemanly"... i still can not believe someone called me that...

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
if this gets appoved. maybe remuxes will have a chance. im guessing the only chance would be with FANCY subs. like lightningblade said... i agree. must have fancy subs to get approved.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
well my dialog is basic but OP/ED is styled nice.

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 05:10 PM
So you redid it in hi10p, first time I have seen you redo a anime.

+ I don't think it will get approved as bakabt are baka

i was referring to my other post about the Professor remux, with the what did i do. the high horse is bakabt. your release would approved/reject in about 90 days, because they dont know what to do with it.

animepassion opens bakabt eyes to new ways to look at anime.

EDIT: i have been thinking about asking to have all my releases removed from the site.

Don't remove your stuff off bakabt, you will hurt other people who want to download your encodes not bakabt.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users