Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Y u no read manga?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 11:03 PM
I don't read manga but I would properly like it but I know I would prefer anime.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

Kiseki-kun

Kiseki-kun

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:03 PM
it's not that people don't read manga around these parts anymore... well, it's most likely only this part. i'm totally guessing but i feel that this site is more devoted to anime encoders rather than the general anime community, hence the voidish manga section

but i'm currently reading to love ru darkness, medaka box, cage of eden, fairy tail, nurarihyon no mago, the world god only knows, bakuman was pretty good, it's not my fault that i'm not popular, beelzebub, last order, ...

baldur

baldur

Duelist

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:03 AM

I would read manga if I could get the hard copies. I don't like reading stuff from screens much. Yeah I'm old school lol

It's definitly not the same feeling, but alot of mangas can only be read in english online, like Nononono, that I have been reading recently.

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • Local time: 12:03 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand

It's definitly not the same feeling, but alot of mangas can only be read in english online, like Nononono, that I have been reading recently.

I use this app on my Android called Manga Watcher. It's a paid app, but it is definitely worth it. If you wanted to, you could use it to download each chapter for you, then transfer to your pc.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:03 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Last time i read manga I saw a dog lick a guys balls and arse hole... not to mention the many gay rape scenes. I am glad I could not read the kanji, but most of the hiragana was plain enough.

Never trust the advice of Japanese lady who feel very comfortable with you. NEVER!! They will show you things, tell you things that should never be...

Though if i new the name, i would link you all to it!

Posted Image

Neutron_Collapse

Neutron_Collapse

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:03 PM
  • LocationCanada
I do read quite a lot of manga. My preferences usually lie with the rom/coms, slice of life, school life, some horror, yuri, yaoi, and almost everything inbetween (minus guro as that isn't my cup of tea).

I did have plans to add my current manga that I am reading and the ones I have finished in my MAL list but I am too lazy lol. I have my reading lists poorly managed in .txt files.

I have 3 .txt files on my laptop and one on my desktop. I usually browse some readers and if I find anything that interests me, I just add it to my .txt file. My main .txt file is about 191 KB in size but has so many damn lines in it. Again, its pretty poorly organized but I can make sense of it by appending /done-ongoing or /done to dictate that I am done reading the entire manga and the other to indicate that I am done what has been scanlated so far. I also use ================ to indicate my interest in reading it, The longer, the higher interest I have in it at the time. I also use ]]]]]]] to indicate that the manga has been updated and I used ||||||||||||||||||| to show that I did read some of it but haven't finished the chapter or planning to read it later (see, my organization is pretty crappy lol). I also have way many sessions saved in Chrome where I can have 7 to over 60 tabs of manga that I want to read lol.

Anyway, I'll share what I am diving into at the moment:

Spoiler

That is nowhere near the complete list of my ToRead text file, just a VERY minor snippet of it.
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
:O :O :O

I guess I am the same with novels. But still...

:O :O :O

Do you own much in physical volume form?

Posted Image

ANIKI

ANIKI

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 36 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:03 PM
I have only read 5 mangas top and lots of dojinshi(minus yayoi for f@gs), include for mangas are Koko ni Iru yo!, Pita-Ten(had more info then the anime on characters and background, but a bit more dark & sad), DearS, also only read a few chapters of Usagi Drop(only cause the story continues where the anime left of off in a time skip style :( ) also fully read Lovely Complex, and Me & My Brothers.

I have gotten to lazy to read even books, I wish I could buy some manga, but no cash available to do so.

Posted Image

miyashin

miyashin

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:03 PM
I love buying manga, but to bring overseas, it's very expensive [I saw some 20000 Yen shipping in "a certain expensive website" LOL], btw, I bought To Aru Majutsu's manga, it wasn't expensive at all. (:

Shima

Shima

Mangaka

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:33 AM
  • LocationIndia
I've started reading a few manga, but I'm in the habit of losing interest and leaving them on hold indefinitely...

The ones I'm currently reading (Which I've found good enough to actually continue) are:
Jiraishin - Ice Blade
Vagabond
Biomega

I plan on eventually giving Berserk and 20th Century Boys a shot as well.

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • Local time: 12:03 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand
Started History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi the other day... Something like 485 ~20 page chapters. Gogogo read.

iii-san

iii-san

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:03 PM
  • Locationbehind you
i'm not really fond of reading mangas tbh. i did read claymore manga before 2 years back since the ending of the anime was lame. That's the reason i went to look it up. another manga i read is air gear (didn't pick it up again ever since). A friend of mine recommended me some mangas such as kenichi, d.grayman, and a few more(forgots its names) but never went to read them.
Will probably pick those 2 up again some day, hopefully ;p

hyperactve

hyperactve

Genin

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:03 AM
Well, I'm do not read manga that much.
Only read 20th Century Boys and K-ON! (up to Volume 4) as a series, and several one shots.
Wonder why 20th century boys didn't get any anime adaptation..... -_-"
Posted Image

HN117

HN117

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
I'm only reading Bleach and Fairy Tail at the moment.

Don't read much manga

Cazman

Cazman

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:03 PM
The lack of manga love is saddening. At the very least, everyone should be reading Shingeki no Kyojin, which is a charming series about giants crushing/eating people.

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
If it comes to reading, I much prefer novels. Though the manga I have read has been fine. However, I always prefer to watch anime. This is not to say I like the story of anime always more, many times I read the manga to get more story and the ending I want (if it differs).

Posted Image

mikeOtaku

mikeOtaku

Black Knight

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Local time: 02:03 AM
seems most members here doesn't read that much manga :(

usually only Naruto and Bleach those are the only manga I'm reading, till 3 months ago i started reading alot of manga, there's this anime "suzuka" which lead me to reading the manga, thats what brought me to the manga world :lol: since I'm just new to reading, i finish like 15+ manga already (Usually all are in borderline H.. lol) well my favorite is UxU (Unbalance x Unbalance) which is a manwha

my ongoing manga & manwha at the moment are

Bleach
Nozoki Ana
Naruto
Minamoto-kun Story
Kono S o, Mi yo!
Orange Marmalade
Girls of the Wilds ( you gotta love this, its really good) :thumbsup:

thats all, planning on giving a try on claymore, Kimi no Iru Machi, Good Ending (all ongoing) and some few completed manga as well :)

if you can suggest me something good, its much appreciated :unworthy:

Valkexia

Valkexia

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:03 AM
I was reading Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, and Hitman Reborn until December last year. Since then, every time I try to catch up I get lazy and stop reading. Most likely because I don't like reading on the monitor. :sweat:

Pra7ul

Pra7ul

King of Pirates

• VIP
  • 380 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:33 AM
  • LocationWindmill Village
I prefer Anime over Manga (even if its the source of it) , i read manga for the series i liked a lot and which i know won't be continued...

Pra7ul.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

iqpq.png

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:03 AM
  • LocationAustralia
Ok I decided to update my manga page on anime-planet. According to those stats I'm reading 37 different manga and finished reading 25 manga series. Hahaha never knew I could read so many at once.

Edit:

I use this app on my Android called Manga Watcher. It's a paid app, but it is definitely worth it. If you wanted to, you could use it to download each chapter for you, then transfer to your pc.

Wait you actually pay for that app!? I feel sorry for you, there is this other manga reader called Mango, it's 10X better than Manga Watcher and it's free as well! It got taken down from the Play Store a bunch of times (used to be called Market), had another name called Pocketmanga, but it's called Mango again. You should definitely check it out!

http://mango.leetsoft.net/ <---- Best link to keep since the app could get taken down again.

On another note, I saw some people said they were reading some novels. I'm currently reading two light novels:

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
&
Oreimo

They are pretty good light novels in my opinion.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users