Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Internet Bill H.R. 1981

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

CTalon

CTalon

Shadowthrone Companion

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:43 AM
  • LocationAustralia
Just something I've found, I thought it maybe of interest. :serious:

http://www.slashgear...u-247-20210264/

http://www.webpronew...n-candy-2012-01

Welcome to the United States of Orwell, Big Brother is Watching You (if not already, very shortly)
I'm finding it very disturbing seeing all these Acts/Bills coming from the US, attempting to seize power over the internet.
Unfortunately imho, I believe if all the current Acts/Bills up to date are defeated, more and more will appear...
...and you do know the old saying 'If you throw enough s..t something will stick in the end'

kufooru

kufooru

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:43 PM
I don't see why they go through all the trouble with trying to pass these bills the way they do.
They should just say it's "a matter of national security."
Bill would pass like that. Everybody loves national security.
Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 02:43 PM

"He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security."

nuff said.

Shadowshot2

Shadowshot2

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:43 AM
Considering the other liberty-trading laws in America (I don't know many laws from other countries.) like the Patriot Act and some smaller state-specific ones, we've been down that path for some time now, so it would be fair to say that we are losing both liberty and security.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users