Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BakaBT and the Eternal Diva Remux

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
  • Local time: 05:46 PM
i just posted a version of Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva to BakaBT. its a remux version of the movie. BakaBT has no 1080 version of this movie on the site. lets see how long & whats wrong with the offer. i guess it will be rejected within a week or will still be sitting in the offers for months to come.

Subtitles in PGS format
Audio in DTS-MA
It's a remux, why not encode it.

http://www.bakabt.com/164740-professor-layton-and-the-eternal-diva-layton-kyouju-to-eien-no-utahime-2009-remux-dts-ma-decibel.html

Hark0n

Hark0n

Meitantei

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:46 AM
  • LocationLatvia
Hard to tell how long it takes, but it is surprising, that they have no 1080p version. CoalGirls did dual-audio for this some time ago, so there probably is a reason for not accepting 1080p for this movie.
Anyway, I say 2 weeks.

Shima

Shima

Mangaka

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:16 AM
  • LocationIndia
They do have Coalgirls' 720p Dual Audio version though. Its odd they don't have it in 1080p as well.

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 10:46 PM
Looks good, if bakabt rejects it can you post it in the download section (rapidshare or something).

+ post here if it gets accepted.

Also what is a remux and why dont bakabt like remux?
vOEHoGZ.jpg

Hark0n

Hark0n

Meitantei

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLatvia

Also what is a remux and why dont bakabt like remux?

In this case "A remux is an untouched version of the series/movie. It is a direct 1-1 copy of the video & audio files. With DTS-MA or TrueHD sound giving the best audio for the source."(quote from BluDragon Anime)

BakaBT don't like remuxes, that are made from several different fansub group works. In this case it might be do to file size or because the movie was considered "not worth it".

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks

...or because the movie was considered "not worth it".

that crap is why i hate that site.

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
So are remuxes the best encodes then? if they 1-1?
vOEHoGZ.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
they are not encoded, it is basically raw video and subs with encoded audio put into an MKV container.

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
Cman got the remux question. i will put up a torrent file once the site gets up and running here. the only reason that my bleach offer wasn't accepted yet is because of the subtitles. the remux on baja is going to get rejected because it doesn't fit what they are looking for. i think i just posted it for laughs & see what other people think. im think this site would bakabt to shame when it gets up and running. it will be a mix of ADC & BakaBT with alot more freedom.

Shima

Shima

Mangaka

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:16 AM
  • LocationIndia

It is rather cumbersome at times but, with the majority of the popular file hosts gone, there aren't really a lot of remaining viable options.

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
looks like the winner is 2 days with a status of rejected: Remux, among other things.

what the hell is the meaning of among other things. not to bakabt or mod personal's quality. god bakabt sucks for so many reason that are unknown to me.

i can't wait till AP get it's tracker up and running & everything is appoved & removed when it has no seeders.

Remux, among other things. what a april fools day joke.

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationEurope
Forget them, Blu. We know your qualities :)

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:46 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
they do not appreciate our lovely encoders enough :(

Posted Image

Xtras

Xtras

Baka Extraordinaire

• Inactive Member
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:46 PM

what the hell is the meaning of among other things. not to bakabt or mod personal's quality. god bakabt sucks for so many reason that are unknown to me.

If you're upset about it, I know the feeling (I hated it myself when I offered torrents). That said if you do actually want to know why it was rejected I can give you a more complete explanation if you're interested. You've already put a lot of time into BBT, so you have my respect at the least.

As for the wait time though, I definitely know the feeling there. I look at 15 offers a day, and grant around half that number on average. List still keeps growing. I hate to say it but if an offer requires a more complicated process it becomes a royal pain in the ass. PGS subtitles for example. They aren't the usual stuff and so loads of people are gonna start whining "oh the subs don't show" when we start adding them. Hence, we have to go write up some explanation or tutorial in the wiki or someplace local that gives assistance (if only to protect our own sanity). You probably know comprehending google seems to be beyond the grasp of people these days. I just never found the opportunity to take care of it myself, and ultimately the offers kinda got neglected.

I'll take the blame on that one.

There's an explanation to that as well if you want to hear it. That rejection system does have one big flaw. The one line that gets put up usually conveys the wrong impression to a lot of people. The most common misconceptions being with respect to the policy of 1080p and upscales.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks

There's an explanation to that as well if you want to hear it. That rejection system does have one big flaw. The one line that gets put up usually conveys the wrong impression to a lot of people. The most common misconceptions being with respect to the policy of 1080p and upscales.

ok lets have some fun here...

it is quite clear from what i read. if the master wasnt 1080p then it is pointless to offer anything over the master res. and upscales are like the demons from hell that look like shit because only a retarded moron would ever think about doing something so ridiculous. oh and dont even get me started on some of the crap people spew when they hear the word "filter" it is like someone just killed Jesus!

sry if it seemed that i went overboard on that as i personally find it hilarious at how seriously people read things. p.s. its a joke and it was actually fun to write. but people say that crap not knowing what their head from their ass and it is annoying. so i just prefer to not be around it at all. but if you want to clarify be my guest im actually quite curious.

EDIT: OH! and welcome to animepassion ;) glad to see ya.

Xtras

Xtras

Baka Extraordinaire

• Inactive Member
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:46 PM
Haha, you pretty much nailed it. Though I thought you were being serious for a second until I read the second paragraph (no verbal cues and what not).

The long and semi-boring rule
Spoiler

But yeah, I heard from somewhere that you were running a new site. Since a lot of the dub people seem to hang out here, I couldn't help but check it out, and lo and behold this thread just spurs me to join :lol: . I gotta say this place looks really damn nice. One of the most feature rich forums I've seen (maybe our OZC one would have attracted more people if it looked like this). Now you just need more users!

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks

Haha, you pretty much nailed it. Though I thought you were being serious for a second until I read the second paragraph (no verbal cues and what not).

that was my intention ;)

The long and semi-boring rule

Spoiler

ya i hate subjectivity as that allows for opinions and we all know MY opinion is right and all that maters right? :rolleyes: that said do you think my 720p upscale of Elfen Lied would pass? (the Hi10 ordered chapters version) just curious on your opinion.

But yeah, I heard from somewhere that you were running a new site. Since a lot of the dub people seem to hang out here, I couldn't help but check it out, and lo and behold this thread just spurs me to join :lol: . I gotta say this place looks really damn nice. One of the most feature rich forums I've seen (maybe our OZC one would have attracted more people if it looked like this). Now you just need more users!

maybe, sad he closed it as we will never know. but i am quite proud at how this forum has overcome all the crap we have been through over the years, moving 3 times with the most recent move after loosing everything. not to mention this whole DDL fiasco... but we will endure!! :jose: :backstab: :forge: you have my word on that.

p.s. i need an emoticon :(

Zalis

Zalis

Mushi

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • 0 thanks

they do not appreciate our lovely encoders enough :(

Though to be fair in this case, BD remuxes are not encodes.

that said do you think my 720p upscale of Elfen Lied would pass? (the Hi10 ordered chapters version) just curious on your opinion.

I have never seen BBT accept any 720p DVD upscales regardless of qaulity, except perhaps for some rare/obscure items where absolutely nothing else was available.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
i know but my 720p looks better @480p than the source does not to mention it look hundreds of times better @720p than the source does. and if the quality is better than anything else out there it should get accepted, right?

EDIT: you know what, to hell with and back with a hand basket im just going to post it here and see how much of a flaming fag war it will become. as i know it will be utterly hilarious to see peoples reactions and the final verdict. but i'll wait to do that until later tonight or saturday.

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks

EDIT: you know what, to hell with and back with a hand basket im just going to post it here and see how much of a flaming fag war it will become. as i know it will be utterly hilarious to see peoples reactions and the final verdict. but i'll wait to do that until later tonight or saturday.

Isn't it already on here? And I don't remember any bashing of it, everybody loves it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users