Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Seedboxes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:45 AM
Hmm, Kimsufi does seem interesting. Never used ubuntu before, but just found tutorials on installing the various software for Kimisufi. Much bigger learning curve to get running. But seems worth the effort.

I just setup a SSH Tunnel for one of my browsers with WhatBox which is nice, but setting up OpenVPN with Kimisufi would be better.
Posted Image
Getting a file from uploaded.to which bans IPs from the US.

Since it's a vps, would they ever crack down on seedboxes hogging up the bandwidth?

Hmm, Kimsufi.ie requires proof of ID and address to verify account.

RaVeN

RaVeN

Genin

• Inactive Member
  • 54 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 05:45 PM
Whatbox is pretty good, so is Feralhosting ( http://www.feralhosting.com/pricing )

And I can't recommend the Kimsufi 2g enough, it's really a great box. I use it for heaps of stuff; it has never disappointed :)

@Stsin: Whatbox has bandwidth limits, as long as you stay below there won't be any problems. Go over and your speed will be capped IIRC.

Or were you talking about Kimsufi 2g? That's not a VPS, it's a dedicated server. The ones from kimsufi.ie and kimsufi.co.uk have a 5TB upload limit (after which it gets slowed to 10Mbit), and the one from kimsufi.com/fr/ is unmetered.

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
Any advantages/disadvantages between the three (other than FR being unmetered). IE requires proof of ID and address, why I haven't tried it yet. Do the others require the same?...or know a way around it? ;)

RaVeN

RaVeN

Genin

• Inactive Member
  • 54 posts
  • 16 thanks
Well if you're getting the kimsufi 2g, then there's not much difference. They will all require proof of address/ID i think.

However, be aware that you can only order from one of them, based on your location. Which country are you from?

Personally I'm from Australia so I can only order from FR.

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
Hard to translate the FR site. I'm from the US and know that IE accepts them. So if all requires ID, I should just give IE a try. Wanted to avoid that, but oh well, atleast I won't have to pay the VAT. I guess I should find and hook up my legacy USB scanner first.

RaVeN

RaVeN

Genin

• Inactive Member
  • 54 posts
  • 16 thanks
If you're in the USA then you can only order from IE AFAIK.

About ID, in most cases you do have to give it. But personally, I didn't have to show any proof of ID when i ordered from FR. It was only when I asked for VAT to be removed that they asked for ID.

Anyway get that server you won't regret it. If you have trouble setting it up I'd be willing to help :)

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
All I had to do was show my drivers license which was an old one from an address I haven't lived at in over 5 years plus an envelope addressed to my P.O. Box which was totally different address than my drivers license and they accepted it. I think they only do that so they can prove you aren't trying to cheat your way out of paying VAT.

I'm paying $20.16 a month plus 30 cents for international exchange (guessing this is for converting usd to w/e).

It's working great. I've used nearly 4.5TB from my bot and seedbox this month though. :/

Only issue I have is 1TB isn't enough of a hard drive and I've almost filled it and will have to get another server to keep uploading. =O

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

RaVeN

RaVeN

Genin

• Inactive Member
  • 54 posts
  • 16 thanks
If you're going to be sharing that much, perhaps 1 kimsufi server + uploading to jumbofiles/ifile would be more financially sustainable. >.<

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

If you're going to be sharing that much, perhaps 1 kimsufi server + uploading to jumbofiles/ifile would be more financially sustainable. >.<

Well donations help. Got almost $400 in donations this month on my site.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

RaVeN

RaVeN

Genin

• Inactive Member
  • 54 posts
  • 16 thanks
Lol in that case nevermind :)

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks

Anyway get that server you won't regret it. If you have trouble setting it up I'd be willing to help :)

You may regret saying that. Since I've never used Ubuntu ;) But I'm a quick learner. And procrastinator. Waiting a bit since I've already payed for my current seedbox and having lotsa fun with it.

How to build up a good great ratio on private servers:
Spoiler

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • Local time: 07:45 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand
Just ordered a kimsufi through their france site. Hopefully I'll be able to help out more now (my current vps is utter crap).

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationSydney, Australia
I am thinking of kimsufi as well. It seems hard to find one which has a around 1TB for a good price. I want to just whack on 1TB of animepassion anime when our tracker is on, then leave the thing alone. Anything I watch will be downloaded straight to my server, not the seedbox.

Posted Image

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand
One thing my vps had going for it was its speed. I can only get a max down speed of 11mb/s on this kimsufi server. Then again, it's better than my home connection, and it is meant for uploading.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

One thing my vps had going for it was its speed. I can only get a max down speed of 11mb/s on this kimsufi server. Then again, it's better than my home connection, and it is meant for uploading.

11mb or 11MB?
The server as stated is on a 100Mb connection. Thus top speed is about 12MB/s.

Not sure what VPS you had, but most sites/vps (and servers under 500 bucks) are only on 100Mb connections.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 810 posts
  • 38 thanks
  • LocationNew Zealand
My vps was on a shared gigabit connection. I think you were guaranteed 128mbit, and the rest depended on who was using what. I could max something like 30mb/s from jumbofiles.

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:45 PM
  • LocationUnited States
Been wondering this for a while...what is a seedbox? What does it do? Is it recommended I get one?

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 02:45 AM
a seedbox is a remote server that allocates you a virtual torrent client on their servers allowing you to download and upload torrents remotely and at high speeds, sometimes up to 1Gb/s.

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 02:45 AM

i do and i got mine from http://whatbox.ca and i recently was able to give it a test run and jose hit a peek of 1.4MB/s so it is quite nice.

EDIT: make that 7.07 MB/s as the highest 30min avg.

wait jose is still alive????

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users