Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Seedboxes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:51 AM
I'm curious as to how many of you guys have seedboxes, and if so, with what companies?

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 02:51 AM
i do and i got mine from http://whatbox.ca and i recently was able to give it a test run and jose hit a peek of 1.4MB/s so it is quite nice.

EDIT: make that 7.07 MB/s as the highest 30min avg.

wanted45

wanted45

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 87 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • Local time: 11:51 AM

i do and i got mine from http://whatbox.ca and i recently was able to give it a test run and jose hit a peek of 1.4MB/s so it is quite nice.

True! the Seedbox is working smoothly.
Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Yup, whatbox is a very solid seedbox provider. They don't oversell their products - they're rock solid, from speed to support.

Posted Image

mercer1028

mercer1028

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks
Are they any reliable non-U.S. seedboxes that you know of?

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
whatbox is Canadian.

mercer1028

mercer1028

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

whatbox is Canadian.

It has a canadian domain name, but it's server is located in the U.S. Considering all this legislation to prevent "online piracy," I'd feel much better purchasing a server from a non-ACTA country.

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks
How do you know that?

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

It has a canadian domain name, but it's server is located in the U.S. Considering all this legislation to prevent "online piracy," I'd feel much better purchasing a server from a non-ACTA country.

How do you know that?

http://geo.flagfox.n...host=whatbox.ca

ISP: Leaseweb USA, Inc.
Continent: North America
Region: Delaware
Metropolis: Philadelphia
Postal Code: 19801
City: Wilmington
IP Address: 108.59.1.200

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

mercer1028

mercer1028

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

How do you know that?

It's a little birdie that lets me know everything about every site I log into. For example:

Host Name - http://www.animepassion.net
Server Location - Canada
I.P. Address - 67.212.81.81
City - Laval
Region - Quebec
ISP - Netelligent Hosting Services
Postal Code - h7w1k6

I even have a map and coordinates.

Scary isn't it? That's why if anyone has information of foreign seedboxes, I'd really appreciate it. It's just way too easy to track people these days. If I can do it within seconds (and I'm just an amateur) imagine what local governments can do.

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:51 AM
  • LocationDenmark
I bought a 10GB one from the Netherlands for €2 last month to try it, and boy did I get what I paid for didn't work half the time. After that I kind of gave up on seed boxes and will be going back to usenet for my main needs

EDIT: from http://www.yourseedbox.com/ (cannot recommend though)
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

You are not a florist! You are a manufacturer of weapons!

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Whatbox has servers in the Netherlands.

They're the best seedbox provider I've ever used.

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

Whatbox has servers in the Netherlands.

They're the best seedbox provider I've ever used.

We already proved WhatBox is a US based company with several servers in the US. So yeah they may have some else where too, but that doesn't really matter in the long run since the way the law works and them being US based.

I prefer my server provider OVH on a 1 gigabyte line. I've seen it hit 60MB/s upload and that's not even close to maxing out.

It downloads a 20 GB torrent in under 2 minutes.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

MysterySword

MysterySword

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 260 posts
  • 395 thanks
  • LocationFlagship Brunhilde

ISP: Leaseweb USA, Inc.
Continent: North America
Region: Delaware
Metropolis: Philadelphia
Postal Code: 19801
City: Wilmington
IP Address: 108.59.1.200

Wow, that's pretty close to where I live. I guess a seedbox from there would work pretty well for me.

Hark0n

Hark0n

Meitantei

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:51 AM
  • LocationLatvia
Currently I am using bytesized. Only created account few days ago, so can't tell much about general performance. Comparing to WatBox it seems to have no bandwidth and bit larger HDD for similar price. They limit speed only, but I don't think I can reach the limit. I like to seed/download large files so it seemed better for me.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:51 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Anyone in Australia use them?

Posted Image

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
After reading this thread, thought I'd give it a try, never used a seedbox before. So decided to try what others here are using: WhatBox.

Expecting it would take some time learning but surprisingly had it seeding quickly. Though it defaults with rtorrent, it gave some tracker error with one of the sites "Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates". Rather than spend the time guessing how to fix that, I switched to Deluge (it's nice that it's able to switch and setup other BT clients easily). With Deluge, able to run a client on desktop that remotely controls the one on the seedbox. So with Deluge and an FTP client like FileZilla, I'm able to manage the seedbox without ever logging in on it's webpage. Makes it effortless and convenient:
Posted Image
Downspeeds are ridiculously fast, that before I knew it, I already filled up 70 gigs of it's drive space. But as the picture shows above, a seedbox can't help a badly seeded torrent.

My question is how do you all setup your client to optimize for a seedbox? I have 12 seeding torrents, and seems it only has at the most 5 seeding at once, though I increased the seed queues.

oh, btw, it randomly gave me a server in the Netherlands.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
well i got one of there higher end 400Mbit boxes and i run rtorrent just fine. it also seeds wonderfully peeking around 25MB/s!!! it is also seeding ~20 torrents at this point and i have seen it seed ~6 at once, but i know the peer base isnt that high at this point... so once we can hopefully get our tracker running i'll be able to post the remaining ~40 more torrents and be rolling real nice and then i'll be able to give you better data.

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks
Well, I'm holding off until the private tracker is working and then I'll think about getting a seedbox.

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
Well you're paying what? $15 a month for only a seedbox with 150 GB of HHD?

Should get something like Kimsufi... it's only $20 a month, has 1TB HHD, and it's a full dedi server that you can run a site, vns, seedbox, xdcc bot, and whatever else you want on it.

I currently got ubuntu on it so I can download through firefox (or even jDownloader) straight to my server, xchat so I can download from other irc channels straight to my server, two seedboxes running off of it, and currently one xdcc bot for my IRC channel which I am about to add 2-3 more bots for.

I think the added benefits of a dedi over a vps definitely are worth the extra $5 a month. Heck just the extra HHD space alone would likely be worth it for additional seeding.

Not to mention, unlike Whatbox, which is a US based site/company,... Kimsufi is based in Ireland.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users