Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AniDB'o'matic or Other

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:45 PM
  • LocationUK
So i just started using this app a few hours ago and was wondering why it skips some files and doesn't rename them.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
If it's skipping regular episodes then those files were probably messed up in some way. A few bits swapped for example, probably still playable, but the hash it would give is completely different from the original file. Only way to fix that is re-downloading it.

Also far from every file is in AniDB. Picture dramas, DVD menus, interviews, and other "extras" like that do not get added. Many of the releases from AniPas encoders haven't been added either since they relatively are hard to get.

Of course you can add anything you want to AniDB yourself. Use AvDump2 for that. And you're probably better off reading the rules in the AniDB wiki and their forums.

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK
Thanks pinny and its fine. Its only renaming the episodes for me still like you said they are playable.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK
So am on the rowel for another piece of software that is the same as AniBD o Matic. But doesn't miss out episodes.

All i want it to do is - Bleach - 100 - [episode name] that's all.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:45 PM
I use Media Portal with My Anime Plugin to update my files with AniDB. The few episodes that it doesn't recognize (bad hash), I do a CRC search with google to find and replace. But harder to do with old files now with most DDL sites gone to poop. I've also used Avdump2, like one of Cman's episodes which was not on AniDB.

But all that doesn't rename the files...nor do I ever want them to do so. I usually add 100+ gig torrents straight to my database and don't want to modify them so I can still seed from them. Plus Media Portal displays them nicely that it doesn't matter what the original is like.

But to manually rename a list of files to make them consistent, I often use http://www.bulkrenam.../Main_Intro.php

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:45 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Media Portal is what i use as well. Then I to use 'bulkrenamer' to rename all my files. ( I am sure i explained everything and even had made some picture intructions for that program).

I download them, rename them; for example, " AnimeSeriesX S01E01 randomshitattheendoffilesnamesiamtolazytoremovethisasmediascoutdoesthisanyway.mkv"
Then run media scout to get ze metadata.

Stsin is cool as s/he does what i do!

Though i do this after seeding for a bit (if i bothed to at all).

Sadly it means you will have no idea who's releases you have! Unless you kept track of that, which I do not!

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Sadly it means you will have no idea who's releases you have! Unless you kept track of that, which I do not!

This isn't true. You can just hash your files and figure out whose release you have.

Posted Image

Zalis

Zalis

Mushi

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:45 PM

This isn't true. You can just hash your files and figure out whose release you have.

Or check the CRCs (which would be "that shit at the end of file names...") against what AniDB lists for various files, or do right-click+"Properties" to find the exact byte size and compare that against AniDB's info. Or if it's something released in the good old days of fansubbing, just check the video itself for group credits.

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
Zach is joking, probably meaning wouldn't know from a glance. Because Zach is cool and uses Media Portal.

Media Portal shows the fansub group of every file, no matter how it's named:
Posted Image
Including having multiple fansub groups per episode:
Posted Image
And one of the many extra features is a page showing which groups you have of that series, including others.
Posted Image
Automatically playing all the openings in that right box while viewing that page is a nice feature.

And of course, since Media Portal updates with AniDB, that is one quick source for the whole collection.

Anyways, since cool Zach also uses bulkrenamer; combined with Rapid CRC, can have the whole series renamed like the original in a few minutes.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:45 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Sorry!! My mistake! I kind of forgot about the My Anime plugin!

I also left out I also use XBMC with MediaScout and have not decided which one to stick with!

Posted Image

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
Why Media Portal and My Anime plugin (aka Otaku Media Manager) beats all HTPC players just by it's ability to view Anime alone:

You can use any codec installed on your system to render your video:
Posted Image
When Hi10P came out, many worried about their player's compatibility. Media Portal didn't skip a beat, and was playing 10bit files with ordered chapters using latest CCCP upgrade.

But what makes anime different from any other video, is not just Hi10P, ordered chapters, and multitudes of audio tracks. But the styli-sized subs. Media Portal excels in that too.
Posted Image
Here, I've selected the MPC-HC engine to display the subs, with the same options as in MPC-HC. If you are running on default settings, increase the texture resolution to Desktop, and turn on animations. Now you have great looking hires subs and karaoke animation that players like VLC can only dream of. I still believe the MPC-HC engine is better than Haali media splitter for subs. While it's debatable on which looks better, MPC-HC sub engine doesn't choke nearly as much as Haali .ie heavily animated karaoke in 1080p. Playability trumps unnoticeable quality difference.

And all this is from using an old version of Media Portal with an old My Anime 2 plugin. Shows how much they've thought ahead and more adaptable to changes compared to the other HTPC players. Not counting the extreme ease of use with AniDB for automatic file recognition (never have to rename a file for recognition), and multitude of features like getting updated on new releases, to character/voice actor info of a series and their relations with others in your collection; all within Media Portal.

Spoiler

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 06:45 PM
Can someone explain how Media Portal works does it replace windows or do you have to load it up it? it seems really cool.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
It's for HTPC. But I also use it as a player on my PC just because of the organization it provides. Keeping track of which episodes I last watched is a must for the many huge series that I temporarily drop partially through. Plus it's surprisingly easy to find an exact episode out of hundreds, when can see the thumbnails and description. It gives me a warm feeling knowing that my whole collection is bit perfect to the original.

For now, I'm using My Anime 2 (2.5.0.12) on MediaPortal 1.1 with StreamedMP skin.

But the next version coming out (My Anime 3) is made to work with JMM (Japanese Media Manager). This provides using this plugin for Media Portal, while having multiple windows client versions in the network (that uses preferred player), all sharing the same server database. http://code.google.com/p/jmm/
Will have the best of both worlds.

Also like to add that it really helps when your collection is spread on multiple hard drives, having it all viewed with one program is nice. And though I have a multiple monitor setup, I still can have it playing in the background while doing other things on same screen:
Posted Image
This also shows how you can change your view selection of your collection. Can setup of views for genres, to showing/not showing R18, only certain years, etc. I just made a Dual Audio setting, to show all anime with English Audio (though it's not perfect since some don't label it correctly).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users