Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help With irc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

meximan

meximan

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:44 PM
  • LocationHouston, TX
So anyways I was wondering if there is anyway to set up batch dls using irc so that I dont have to be on my PC and dl each file individually
- MEXIMAN

myanimelist

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:44 AM
  • LocationAustralia
Yes you can batch download with IRC, but that's only when the XDCC bots support it, and most don't since it puts more strain on the server. Ok if the bot supports it then it be something like this:

Lets say you want file #1-12

/msg botnamehere xdcc batch 1-12

It will queue up the files for you and you can leave your PC. But that's only when the bot supports it.

Posted Image

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:44 PM
I'm still using mIRC and I can tell you that it does not do batch xdcc downloading. Without an addon that I don't know of, nor talking about a queue of 3 or bot that supports the batch command. Never bothered me before since I just use it to replace that odd corrupt file. But that's all changed now. So I too am looking for a good client that can batch xdcc easily.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia

I'm still using mIRC and I can tell you that it does not do batch xdcc downloading. Without an addon that I don't know of, nor talking about a queue of 3 or bot that supports the batch command. Never bothered me before since I just use it to replace that odd corrupt file. But that's all changed now. So I too am looking for a good client that can batch xdcc easily.

Lol what are you talking about? Of course mIRC can batch download >.>

Posted Image

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
Please tell me how ;)

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia
Actually you said without the batch command? There isn't a way, lol sorry I wasn't reading stuff properly.

Posted Image

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
I remember seeing a client that may allow to set up batch transfers using only one transfer window for all....done some searching and found that it has problems with unicode so that won't work, even if it was able to.

So I just did some searching for some mIRC addons. One of the first I came across might be worthwhile, XDCC Browser:

Posted Image

meximan

meximan

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:44 PM
  • LocationHouston, TX
Thanks for your help angel, but as you said not all bots support this and Stsin brought up a good point. After some research last night I can across this. I've been using it since last night and it has worked great.
- MEXIMAN

myanimelist

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
Nice. Thank you. Easy to follow tutorial for that plugin. I'll try that, than the other which looks overly bloated.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia
Ah nice, but I use xchat lol doesnt support much plugins, I should switch to mIRC but lazy to do so.

Posted Image

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 02:44 PM
um excuse me I use MiRC and it does allow xdcc batch downloading and that is without any extra shit
and yes even tho mirc is $20 its well worth it I use it all the time

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 02:44 PM
all so tryout the I.N.V.I.S.O.N. gui for MiRC it looks amazing and it talks to you ... well kinda
http://i-n-v-i-s-i-o...m/cms/index.php

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users