Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Torrent & XDCC help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 05:53 PM
ok answer me this: what is the peer exchange in torrents and why does it now say there are 84 peers on my Last Exile 1080p torrent? is this just peer to peer data that other peers are gathering to give this number? and if so does these new 80 peers mean someone re-posted my torrent somewhere...

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

ok answer me this: what is the peer exchange in torrents and why does it now say there are 84 peers on my Last Exile 1080p torrent? is this just peer to peer data that other peers are gathering to give this number? and if so does these new 80 peers mean someone re-posted my torrent somewhere...

It's likely that someone reposted your torrent somewhere, yeah.

I mean, you are using an open, public tracker in the meantime, right? So anybody could just hop on there and grab the files, since there is no peer tracking going on.

Posted Image

SkyLord

SkyLord

Magical Girl

• Trusted Encoders
  • 838 posts
  • 1478 thanks
  • Local time: 04:23 AM
Leechers (or peers) are those who haven't yet finished downloading and are downloading and uploading at the same time.Peers are always standing for the number of downloaders. So either someone reposted your torrent somewhere(99%) or the new 80 downloaders are from AP.

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:53 PM
Peer exchange makes it possible for peers to ask other peers in for information about a torrent (so they don't have to connect to the tracker or DHT)
They still need a .torrent file or magnet link for some initial information though.
Pretty sure your torrent was re-posted. Only way against that is making a private tracker :P
Or maybe your torrent client is just giving you false information. You could probably check this by seeing if your transferred MB's correspond to the amount of peers.

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
well technically you can re-post a private .torrent on a public one if you are a member of the private club. but you will not be able to access those peers on the private tracker for download assistance. and honestly i could care less how many times and places it is re-posted as i will only be seeding on our private tracker once it is running.

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:53 PM
  • LocationDenmark
But wouldn't the tracker also be able to detect excessive download of a single torrent by a single user if a torrent from a private tracker is reposted?
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

You are not a florist! You are a manufacturer of weapons!

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
well if the person is smart they would remove the private tracker that is tracking their ratio so they can continue to download stuff here ;) but if they add other public trackers to the torrent before uploading to to another tracker it would work just as if they created the torrent themselves and they will not work through our private tracker.

but dont worry we will keep the ratio's very workable and everyone should easily be ably to maintain a ratio well over 0.5, which is where i think i'll set the cutoff point, via many different ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users