Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Torrent & XDCC help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 10:00 AM
  • LocationMichigan, USA

I am trying to download it from Doki..

So join #Doki and start an XDCC conversation with their bot. :)

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:00 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Getting 500KB/s on a torrent is not bad, right now I'm downloading a torrent with only 60KB/s downloading speed and currently I'm uploading more than downloading, so don't get the wrong idea.

It is because our Internet is shit :(

Posted Image

Neutron_Collapse

Neutron_Collapse

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:00 AM
  • LocationCanada
Torrenting has been pretty good to me, it can top out my down speed (2 MB/s) if I don't have any seeding torrents as it would choke my connection, also depends on the seeds. Average up speed is around 50-60 KB/s when seeding.

Australia is known to have the shittiest internet policies in the Western world.
Posted Image

SkyLord

SkyLord

Magical Girl

• Trusted Encoders
  • 838 posts
  • 1478 thanks
  • Local time: 08:30 PM
*Tutorial* ~ Download From XDCC Bots Using IRC With Firefox
OK first get ChatZilla

When you get it, it should look something like this:

Posted Image

Now in that window go to ChatZilla > Preferences and this window should pop up:

Posted Image

In the "Nickname" field type in your unique nickname. Then hit "OK"

Now you will go to the DCC tab and make sure that DCC enabled is checked, and below that you will see Downloads Folder, that is where all your downloads will be directed to, you can choose wherever you want that to be

Posted Image

Now just click apply at the bottom and exit.

Now on how to use the IRC

First find a channel that you want to use I am going to use doki, their IRC channel is #doki@irc.rizon.net but all you need to know is the first part before before the @irc.rizon.net the #doki
Now to open Chatzilla, go once again to the Tools tab in the upper right, now look down and you will see chatzilla, click on it, it will open to the client page.

In text bar write /attach irc.rizon.net then press enter

Posted Image

Then with the address of the channel you want to join in the new window go to the upper right and click on IRC, and then join channel. In the new box you will enter the address, I am using #doki, you may have to wait a little for the channel to be found, but it will, make sure there are no spaces in front of the #

Posted Image

Posted Image

then go to doki xdcc bot list, http://doki.co/releases/xdcc, choose what you want to download.

Posted Image

like i want [Doki-HiNA] Kowarekake no Orgel (1280x720 h264 BD AAC) [E08504C0].mkv, so type /msg Doki|Fate xdcc send #20

Posted Image

click Accept & the download start. :)

Posted Image

hope everyone like this little tutorial...if anything wrong in this tutorial please correct it.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

Torrenting has been pretty good to me, it can top out my down speed (2 MB/s) if I don't have any seeding torrents as it would choke my connection, also depends on the seeds. Average up speed is around 50-60 KB/s when seeding.

Australia is known to have the shittiest internet policies in the Western world.

Yep! Once the NBN rolls out and everyone has fiber it won't be so bad. Also the new 4G mobile network is looking promising, 26MB/s download speed was an friend's test speed. BUr for the time being it is shit as. A friend in Sydney get 2.x MB/S download speed and that is the best I have heard of in person.

Posted Image

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:00 PM
  • LocationAustralia

Yep! Once the NBN rolls out and everyone has fiber it won't be so bad. Also the new 4G mobile network is looking promising, 26MB/s download speed was an friend's test speed. BUr for the time being it is shit as. A friend in Sydney get 2.x MB/S download speed and that is the best I have heard of in person.

I got 4G as well! At first it's awesome, later on it get's really shit. Because when a lot more people start joining it, it starts sharing it's bandwidth, so at peak hours you only get 0.256-2.5Mbps max. I got vividwireless you heard of it right? Currently using bigpond, it's a load of shit as well LOL.

It is because our Internet is shit :(

Agreed LOL

No kidding =(

Posted Image

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • Local time: 11:00 AM
  • LocationGreat White North

This is why it is VERY important to cap your torrent upload speed and do NOT leave it on Unlimited! Leaving your upload speed maxed completely kills your download speed.

Whatever your maximum upload speed is, just take off around 10% or so and cap it there. So if you get around 55 kB/s upload, cap it at 50, or maybe 45 if you find that 50 is still choking your downloads.

Leaving your download speed on unlimited is okay. I only reduce it when I'm also downloading things from other sources.

@Skylord - Nice post! Thanx!
ztor6.jpg

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia

This is why it is VERY important to cap your torrent upload speed and do NOT leave it on Unlimited! Leaving your upload speed maxed completely kills your download speed.

Whatever your maximum upload speed is, just take off around 10% or so and cap it there. So if you get around 55 kB/s upload, cap it at 50, or maybe 45 if you find that 50 is still choking your downloads.

Leaving your download speed on unlimited is okay. I only reduce it when I'm also downloading things from other sources.

Meh I just leave it on unlimited when uploading, not it's not really choking my connection so I'm fine with it.

Posted Image

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
Maybe it depends on the type of connection you have. On mine if I am uploading at max speed, via any means, it kills my download speed, also by any means.
ztor6.jpg

Neutron_Collapse

Neutron_Collapse

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:00 AM
  • LocationCanada

Thing is, I do leave my up speed unlimited as it doesn't really badly effect my browsing experience and I don't download big torrents all the time (usual the new episodes that come out). When I do download via torrenting, I just pause whatever I am seeding. Doesn't inconvenience me and it works for me. My max up speed is almost 0.9 Mb/s on my cable connection. And when I mention choking, it only makes my downspeed with torrenting slow WHILE seeding the many torrents that I have and browsing experience doesn't change a whole lot in this scenario.
Posted Image

Zalis

Zalis

Mushi

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:00 PM

You need to get into a channel with an XDCC bot. Here are the primary commands:

/msg  XDCC list - will usually link you to an online list or send you a text file with all of the available downloads. Note the package IDs of the files you want. /msg  XDCC send  - begins the file-transfer process
Pretty straightforward. There are plenty of guides online. ;)

It's also possible to simplify that process, once you're in the channel where the bot(s) is present. Just click the bot's name in the list of people in the channel (usually marked with a % before the name; make sure you are clicking a bot, and not one of the actual human operators!), That will open up a message box, where commands like xdcc list, xdcc send #XXX, or xdcc cancel can be typed directly, without the /msg botname part.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks

I got 4G as well! At first it's awesome, later on it get's really shit. Because when a lot more people start joining it, it starts sharing it's bandwidth, so at peak hours you only get 0.256-2.5Mbps max. I got vividwireless you heard of it right? Currently using bigpond, it's a load of shit as well LOL.

I have heard of vividwireless but got no experience with them!

We are with bigpond too, though I do not mind other than their price. We have been sent 3-4 replacement modem/routers for free and all of them still work. I just keep pass them off to friends or keep them as spares! Also we torrent so much, yet no issues with them. Internode sends out letters to you and complains :P

Posted Image

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia

I have heard of vividwireless but got no experience with them!

We are with bigpond too, though I do not mind other than their price. We have been sent 3-4 replacement modem/routers for free and all of them still work. I just keep pass them off to friends or keep them as spares! Also we torrent so much, yet no issues with them. Internode sends out letters to you and complains :P

Yeah that's the good thing about Bigpond, but their calling customer service is crazy and their prices are way over the top, I'm currently on the 500GB plan and that costs a lot >.>

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
A new look there? :P 500GB a month!! I wish, I am on 200GB. Once we go over, I just leave my torrents on 24/7 and they get done eventually. That is one of the benefits of torrents, do not have to worry about entering those codes with DDLs for each download or if you get a drop out!

Posted Image

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia

A new look there? :P 500GB a month!! I wish, I am on 200GB. Once we go over, I just leave my torrents on 24/7 and they get done eventually. That is one of the benefits of torrents, do not have to worry about entering those codes with DDLs for each download or if you get a drop out!

True, but I had premium accounts on MU and FS so I could download off them even when I'm capped to 256/256 Kbps, so it's not that bad. But you know there are some ISP that offer unlimited plans right? Like vivid, dodo, tpg, etc but I bet they have some dumbass terms that they will cap you if you download too much or torrent too much.

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:00 PM
  • LocationUK

I feel spoiled being on an unlimited plan

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
TPG is good because Unlimited really is that. However anyone who likes mass downloading often goes with them so, I have heard their network will give you slower speeds because everyone is torrenting 24/7.

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:00 PM
  • LocationUK

TPG is good because Unlimited really is that. However anyone who likes mass downloading often goes with them so, I have heard their network will give you slower speeds because everyone is torrenting 24/7.

I used to mass download when DDL were still going strong. Now I just torrent the animé that is still airing. Just hoping that people will start going to file hosts again

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
I happened across a nice interactive guide to XDCC that people may like. It plays some music in the background which I find annoying, but you can turn it off at least.
ztor6.jpg

RaVeN

RaVeN

Genin

• Inactive Member
  • 54 posts
  • 16 thanks
Yeah that guide has been going around for a while, but it's pretty outdated.

With Mirc there's a script/plugin to automate downloading from bots so you don't have to keep copy pasting in lines or resuming. Perhaps I'll write up a guide tomorrow or something...

It's called Xdccklipper btw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users