Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Info on all the File hosting site

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • Local time: 02:51 AM
  • LocationGreat White North

Here's my AB account for those that are on there: http://animebyt.es/user.php?id=9091

Ah, I recognize your avatar on AnimeBytes, it's Aki Aoi from Aki Sora!

I use a 100/100 1TB/5TB dedicated server. I actually have similar ratios on other sites as well. xD

Oh wow, must be nice! I was using dial-up up until about two years ago lol! I live in a pretty remote area (out of choice), so was ecstatic to finally get ANY kind of broadband service.

In relation to file sharing sites, I find it strange that the anime community is taking so long to get back on its feet. Most other non-anime sites haven't skipped a beat! They simply switched to other upload sites and continued as normal.

Mind you most other types of sites don't depend on their archives so much as they do their new daily uploads. For the anime community it really hurt to lose all those archives.

People moved from torrents to DDLs for a reason. They are a lot more convenient for most, and there was a lot of DDL material that either has no torrents, or else the torrents are dead.

Mind you most of that convenience came from the fact that MU and FS were virtually the only sharing sites used. Free MU service was great, and most other people bought a premium FS account.

If a dozen different sites were suddenly being used by different people that would make it really difficult, as people want to be able to get all their anime via one (maybe two) premium accounts.

Based off a few observations I would recommend RapidShare and NetLoad, but I really haven't researched anything.

But what uploaders really need to do is RAR everything! Give the files cryptic names, and password protect them! Provide the password on the sites where YOU post them. These steps really should been taken all along.

Anyway, I don't know if this site is even going to bother with DDLs anymore, so it may be a mute topic here. But hopefully other sites using DDL will pick back up.

There are a lot of good encoders who's work never finds its way to sites like BakaBT, and I'd hate to see them all disappear into the woodwork.
ztor6.jpg

shika21

shika21

Mushi

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • 29 thanks
  • Local time: 11:51 PM
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA
so, just out of curiousity, is fileserve back to normal(ish)?
i checked the site just for kicks the other day, and I was able to upload a file without being a premium user or having any sort of account (it did give me a message that the without a premium account the content would be deleted in 60 days...i never had a premium account so i don't know if that's normal or not)

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • LocationGreat White North
Yes FileServe is back to normal, but most links to it have been removed, and I don't think anybody trusts it anymore.
ztor6.jpg

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:51 AM
  • LocationDenmark
My animebyt.es user: http://animebyt.es/user.php?id=18185
Just got accepted a couple of days ago too.
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

You are not a florist! You are a manufacturer of weapons!

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:51 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
What is it like?

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:51 AM
  • LocationUK

What is it like?

Just had a look. Looks like a lot of effort for a website that holds pirated material.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:51 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
I checked it out, but I more wanted to know what is like as member, their content, interface, download options, rules etc etc etc

Posted Image

Tiffany

Tiffany

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:51 AM
It's a lot like BTN, PTP, What. It's very professional and well maintained. Most torrents are very well kept, a lot of seedbox users. It is a private tracker though, so significantly less peerage than you see somewhere like BakaBT; nothing unexpected for a private tracker. A few things not very well seeded, but most things are seeded pretty well with good speeds.

They have an Album of the Week and Anime of the Fortnight, which users send reviews in and then the staff picks one, then for that period of time it's freeleech and the review for it is on the front page and whatnot. They have a Yen system where you get bonus points seeding even if nobody downloads, and you also get Yen for posting on the forum - Yen can be exchanged to upload credit.

It's a really good community.

Anyway, here's some screenshots... probably better than words...

Main Page: http://i.minus.com/ibgiu5YUb2JxBQ.png
Forum: http://i.minus.com/irlmYg9bJS2wR.png
AotF Selection thread: http://i.minus.com/ibsml7DIan0QXB.png
Browse: http://i.minus.com/izCpym4Kg0GAh.png
A torrent page: http://i.minus.com/iYGKCWxVWsn6i.png

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 01:51 AM
  • LocationMichigan, USA

It's a lot like BTN, PTP, What. It's very professional and well maintained. Most torrents are very well kept, a lot of seedbox users. It is a private tracker though, so significantly less peerage than you see somewhere like BakaBT; nothing unexpected for a private tracker. A few things not very well seeded, but most things are seeded pretty well with good speeds.

They have an Album of the Week and Anime of the Fortnight, which users send reviews in and then the staff picks one, then for that period of time it's freeleech and the review for it is on the front page and whatnot. They have a Yen system where you get bonus points seeding even if nobody downloads, and you also get Yen for posting on the forum - Yen can be exchanged to upload credit.

It's a really good community.

Anyway, here's some screenshots... probably better than words...

Main Page: http://i.minus.com/ibgiu5YUb2JxBQ.png
Forum: http://i.minus.com/irlmYg9bJS2wR.png
AotF Selection thread: http://i.minus.com/ibsml7DIan0QXB.png
Browse: http://i.minus.com/izCpym4Kg0GAh.png
A torrent page: http://i.minus.com/iYGKCWxVWsn6i.png

You're trying pretty hard to sell AB. ;)

But yeah, it's a pretty awesome community.

Posted Image

Raxec

Raxec

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
It's the best private tracker when it comes to subbed/dubbed anime, and one of the easiest trackers to keep a good ratio, which is why I think it's best to just use AB instead of creating another one.

I always get good speeds although my internet connection is regular, you can find most of what you want and if not you can always upload it yourself after you get it somewhere else.

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Local time: 08:51 AM
  • LocationEurope

Sounds like ADC to me (minus the reviews) :)

Raxec

Raxec

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks

Sounds like ADC to me (minus the reviews) :)

Several trackers have something like this.

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Local time: 08:51 AM
  • LocationEurope

Several trackers have something like this.

...and so it's nothing special.

Daz

Daz

Genin

• Inactive Member
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationEarth
that invite application on AB is a bit overkill, imo. i just wanna dl some anime occasionally, w/o feeling like i'm applying for a damn job. oy vey :harhar:

Tiffany

Tiffany

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks

that invite application on AB is a bit overkill, imo. i just wanna dl some anime occasionally, w/o feeling like i'm applying for a damn job. oy vey :harhar:

It's not too bad. It's worth it imo.

It is a private tracker. You are going to have to seed, and that's basically why it's there. Way too many people just come and download some stuff or don't download anything then vanish without a trace. It's pretty easy to get someone to invite you anyways.

You can just use BakaBT for casual downloading, albeit non-liscensed stuff.

Daz

Daz

Genin

• Inactive Member
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationEarth

It's not too bad. It's worth it imo.

It is a private tracker. You are going to have to seed, and that's basically why it's there. Way too many people just come and download some stuff or don't download anything then vanish without a trace. It's pretty easy to get someone to invite you anyways.

You can just use BakaBT for casual downloading, albeit non-liscensed stuff.

no thanks, bakabt sucks sweaty donkey balls :whistle:

Tiffany

Tiffany

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks

How on earth did you come to that conclusion? Everything they have should cap out your internet speed, and that, uh... sucks sweaty donkey balls? What.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks

i concur, but they suck worse than sweaty donkey balls, try sweaty wild boar and while trying to suck them got slammed in the ass by their huge tusks. ^_^

shika21

shika21

Mushi

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • 29 thanks
  • Local time: 11:51 PM
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA

i haven't found it that bad if you're just there to download. on the other hand, if you're an uploader or if you actually want to have a 'conversation', then yeah, it pretty much sucks. Most of the torrent comments are either just complaints or words 'please seed' :rant:

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
While they usually have an elitist attitude, it's a great place to leech old files.

I wrote a long list of reasons but just erased them...no need for all that here. I'll just say I like places like here, where I can see people talk about dubs and other formats, without getting flamed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users