Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fileserve Accounts Deleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:52 PM
Encryption with torrents is for getting by an ISP that's shaping P2P traffic. It does not prevent say the MPAA from examining the swarm and seeing your IP. Using it with a VPN would hide it... then again, I've read somewhere that some clients like uTorrent may still send your real IP address in the packets...can't seem to find that article right now.

If do plan on using a VPN, don't get one based in the US, lol.

Raxec

Raxec

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:52 PM
FileServe can only be used to download and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.
If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager.

MysterySword

MysterySword

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 260 posts
  • 395 thanks
  • Local time: 06:52 PM
  • LocationFlagship Brunhilde

FileServe can only be used to download and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.
If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager.

Yep, that's pretty new. I guess they're doing the same thing as FileSonic.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:52 AM
  • LocationAustralia

yes,they are banning accounts with nothing uploaded to them and still trying to charge you for it,just got to some of the big boy sites like http://tehparadox.com and you will see alot of people talking about this. look at all us encoders lost are fs but lightningblade still has is,just cuz it hasnt happen to you donesnt mean its not happening.

also filesonic is now done,they posted the following message on there main page - All sharing functionality on Filesonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally. looks like we can kiss direct download good bye

Yep it's true about FS banning people with no illegal content on their accounts! I have confirmed, some of my friends had their FS downloading account banned and deleted, all they did was download using premium. So watch out!

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:52 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Has anyone looked at the terms and conditions?

Posted Image

Dan Den

Dan Den

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:52 AM
  • LocationWhere ever the breeze of awesomeness takes me

My FileServe account has been terminated as well... and it was paid up till August 2013.
This shit is really pissing me off.

Damn can't help but feels sorry for you man, but I have to ask why did you pay for all the way till next year?

@Pooba

I re-checked Rapidshare:

+41 41 748 78 80
RapidShare AG
Gewerbestrasse 6
6330 Cham
Switzerland

They are using a German top-level domain, but they are located in Switzerland and thus not only protected by European, but Swiss law.

In Switzerland, downloading and hosting of copyright protected files is still legal. Only uploading isn't.
Thus, Rapidshare can't be made liable for infringements. They can only be sued for not deleting single reported files.

So it's the most secure Filehost possible.

Nice to see RapidShare giving the middle figure to the copy right guys. Just one question does this mean regardless of how shit goes down the Swisss(RapidShare guys) can't be held for anything that blows over?

Posted Image

MysterySword

MysterySword

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 260 posts
  • 395 thanks

Yep it's true about FS banning people with no illegal content on their accounts! I have confirmed, some of my friends had their FS downloading account banned and deleted, all they did was download using premium. So watch out!

At this point, there's no reason to even have a FileServe account. You can even dl files anymore.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Damn can't help but feels sorry for you man, but I have to ask why did you pay for all the way till next year?

Because it's cheaper than way, probably.

Posted Image

Dan Den

Dan Den

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:52 AM
  • LocationWhere ever the breeze of awesomeness takes me

Because it's cheaper than way, probably.

Make sense, by a difference of 4 cents cmpared to the yearly one. But I guess over time it does accumilate. So I'm guessing their was no demading of refund.

Sorry if this is off topic but can someone explain to me how private trackers work or how they differe from normal tracker cause I read somewhere that they can still track you isp.

Posted Image

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • LocationGreat White North
With public trackers, everybody uses the same trackers and there is nothing to track your seed ratio, or control who can or cannot have access to the torrent.

With private trackers, everybody has their own unique variation of the tracker. ie:

Public tracker:
http://ratio.nyaatorrents.info:7266/announce

Private tracker: (made up code in example)
http://tracker.bakabt.me:2710/d3a8b3e45284cff1c64a39f4823058f1/announce.php

That code is a unique 128-bit value for the individual the tracker was issued to. If the host wants to ban that person, they simply disable his or her tracker.

Obviously you need an account with the host in order to obtain a tracker. You don't generally use the tracker directly, rather when you download a torrent from the host site, it automatically uses the unique tracker for the downloader. When you have an active torrent in uTorrent (or whatever you use), you can see your unique tracker in the "Trackers" tab.

As far as being able to track you, that can be done if the DMCA obtains their own account, under false guises presumably, and then tracks torrents the same way as usual: simply view the list of peers uploading/downloading the torrent.

Hope this helps! :welcome:
ztor6.jpg

hyperactve

hyperactve

Genin

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:52 AM
I really feel sorry for everyone.... i really do...
I heard the news of MU but thought that was it....
but what i see now is DDL is facing earthquake followed by tsunami...
and this will effect other methods too.... :'(
so much for my watching dubbed anime....
Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 04:52 PM

Because the money for the 2-year Premium account was donated to me by members of English-Dub Kingdom to ensure I'd switch to using FileServe as the members prefered it over MegaUpload. It was also cheaper to go all out at the time and we didn't foresee shit like this happening 6 months later. However during the time of using FileServe, it more than paid back that money.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

koolzz24

koolzz24

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 29 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNew York
I was gonna say, why don't you guys use rapidshare?

kellypibb

kellypibb

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:52 PM

Okay, so this officially sucks.

I think our only ways forward are the following:

• Usenet
  • RapidShare (I don't know if they have any servers in the US, though)
  • Multiupload (probably bad support)
  • Torrents (with a private tracker, for instance)
  • IRC (private channel, bots, etc... will be comparatively slow)
So I think we need to stop and think about what we're going to do, and we should do it as a whole group, not individually. :)

Let me know if you think I missed anything (or added something that I shouldn't have).

I saw a comment on a fansub site saying Magnet links are the next best thing to DDL. I've only read a little bit about magnet links (been out of the torrenting loop a few years since my isp sent me warning letters), but it's similar to torrents with no tracking at all. Anyone have experience using it and can explain it?

For now, I guess I'll have to relearn how to use IRC, though a lot of encorder's releases will be almost impossible to find on bots.

Posted Image

mystikal2001us

mystikal2001us

ES Force

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationNapTown
So is animepassion gonna turn to rapidshare or into a torrent site with a private tracker. With new members getting in on recommendations only. that might be the way to go until MU mess blows over. But whatever you guys decide, I'll go along with

MysterySword

MysterySword

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 260 posts
  • 395 thanks
So FileServe is back and working now. Probably still not worth taking a chance on it.

WhitecatTheGrey

WhitecatTheGrey

Tsundere

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
I also am very careful about what I dl via torrent. Have never had an issue with anime. Though for months now, I never open my client without first opening and running PeerBlock which blocks known anti p2p sites and more - the list updates each and every time you open the program.

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:52 PM
Surely the anti-p2p groups are aware of PeerBlock and connect using different IP's, or maybe even something like Tor, themselves. :P
Not to mention, they can see you in the swarm anyway, whether you have PeerBlock or not. Just not being able to connect to you only shows that you may have something to hide... ;)

A better idea would be to use an anonymous proxy to connect to the tracker or DHT.

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:52 PM
  • LocationUK

So FileServe is back and working now. Probably still not worth taking a chance on it.

Define working. Like being able to download other peoples files? Cause if you cant do that then it may as well be gone.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • LocationGreat White North
Yes, you can download other peoples' files again. But as most links/accounts were removed it doesn't help much.

Who knows if FileServe is going to remain steadfast in removing new links however. Time will tell.
ztor6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users