Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fileserve Accounts Deleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 02:51 AM
well the DMCA's i got from torrenting listed a lot of info as "proof" which is not the same for websites.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 01:51 AM
  • LocationMichigan, USA
The best way to help at this point would be to remain active in this community. :D

But if you really want to contribute money, then setting up a secure seedbox after our private tracker is up would definitely go a long ways.

Posted Image

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • LocationU.S.A
ok,after staying up most of the night drinking and looking all over about filehost i found some really interesting things,most important is that alot and i mean alot of filehosting sites are going to block USA ip address from there sites,well it has already begun with upload.to

also some info i found on fileserve is that they are banning accounts of people that never even uploaded a damn thing,also still billing them when the accounts are banned so keep a eye on your palpay accounts or bank accounts

meximan

meximan

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:51 AM
  • LocationHouston, TX
Well this really sucks... But I'll be around to help and contribute anyway I can once the dust settles.
- MEXIMAN

myanimelist

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:51 AM
  • LocationUK
AHH torrents, the worst thing i only get 500KB/s with them not 4MB/s :(. I suppose ill sort that out when the time comes.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Hark0n

Hark0n

Meitantei

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:51 AM
  • LocationLatvia

also some info i found on fileserve is that they are banning accounts of people that never even uploaded a damn thing,also still billing them when the accounts are banned so keep a eye on your palpay accounts or bank accounts

I have never uploaded anything to my FS account, but it is still active (for now at least).

Regarding torrents, I am for it. I happily live in small country where illegal distribution of foreign content is not considered too important. I have downloaded 10+TB of content using torrents (seeded at least three times as much) in past 2 years and not received a single warning. Plus I live in dorm with one connection divided to many, making it even harder to track me down.

Demigod

Demigod

The Everchanging

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • 0 thanks

I have never uploaded anything to my FS account, but it is still active (for now at least).

Same here. I don't think they are banning accounts that don't have anything on them. I think they are only banning people with copyrighted material on them.

tumblr_mvpgqxNIAk1qe1i57o1_r1_500.gif

chicken604

chicken604

Genin

• Inactive Member
  • 67 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:51 PM
Sucks. I guess everyone's on a strike now?

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:51 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
If everyone got a Seedbox... download speeds of the torrents would be amazing. Wishful thinking though. However I am sure some of us will be generous!

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
well by the sound of it the majority of the encoders here have one or will be getting one. so AFTER the initial scramble for stuff i think speeds will be completely "reasonable".

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks
I'm interested in helping out, how much do seedboxes cost?

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

I'm interested in helping out, how much do seedboxes cost?

It really depends on the quality of the seedbox, the internet, and the service overall.

It typically ranges between $10 to $100 for the casual user.

Posted Image

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • LocationU.S.A

Regarding torrents, I am for it. I happily live in small country where illegal distribution of foreign content is not considered too important. I have downloaded 10+TB of content using torrents (seeded at least three times as much) in past 2 years and not received a single warning. Plus I live in dorm with one connection divided to many, making it even harder to track me down.

yes,they are banning accounts with nothing uploaded to them and still trying to charge you for it,just got to some of the big boy sites like http://tehparadox.com and you will see alot of people talking about this. look at all us encoders lost are fs but lightningblade still has is,just cuz it hasnt happen to you donesnt mean its not happening.

also filesonic is now done,they posted the following message on there main page - All sharing functionality on Filesonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally. looks like we can kiss direct download good bye

elmok44

elmok44

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
I don’t know the specifics on how they are made but why not try a site where you download directly off its servers like sites like manga traders and emuparadise

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
the bandwidth and space required for such a thing for this site would run nearly a few hundred dollars every month.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:51 PM
  • LocationAustralia

yes,they are banning accounts with nothing uploaded to them and still trying to charge you for it,just got to some of the big boy sites like http://tehparadox.com and you will see alot of people talking about this. look at all us encoders lost are fs but lightningblade still has is,just cuz it hasnt happen to you donesnt mean its not happening.

also filesonic is now done,they posted the following message on there main page - All sharing functionality on Filesonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally. looks like we can kiss direct download good bye

Really? I gotta tell my friend, apparently his premium account still works. If they do ban him, he would of wasted a lot of money on that premium account.

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

I don’t know the specifics on how they are made but why not try a site where you download directly off its servers like sites like manga traders and emuparadise

There are two obvious problems to this.

First, doing this would cost hundreds of dollars on a monthly basis, and a lot more to get everything set up initially.

Second, hosting the files on one of our servers would mean that we'd be directly responsible for those files, and thus would not be protected by DMCA. We would get sued like you wouldn't believe.

Posted Image

lordashram

lordashram

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 227 posts
  • 103 thanks
  • Location\m/(^_^)\m/
I have a question to all those who have recieved dmca notices using torrents, did you have encryption turned on?
I ask as I have been using torrents for many years and always with encryption turned on and haven't had any issues.

If going torrent, some recommended rules would be using non-standard ports for torrent client (require port #'s over 40000), require encryption turned on at the client side, & downloaded torrent files will be as '.txt' files not '.torrent'.

Posted Image

Stop, collaborate and listen

Raxec

Raxec

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
There are already private trackers for anime, either animebytes or the semiprivate bakabt, why not upload your encodes there and seed there.

lordashram

lordashram

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 227 posts
  • 103 thanks
  • Location\m/(^_^)\m/
definately a no for bakabt, they have agreements with some of the anime companies to not allow their stuff on there.

Posted Image

Stop, collaborate and listen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users