Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fileserve Accounts Deleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Local time: 09:04 AM
  • LocationEurope
@Pooba

I re-checked Rapidshare:

+41 41 748 78 80
RapidShare AG
Gewerbestrasse 6
6330 Cham
Switzerland

They are using a German top-level domain, but they are located in Switzerland and thus not only protected by European, but Swiss law.

In Switzerland, downloading and hosting of copyright protected files is still legal. Only uploading isn't.
Thus, Rapidshare can't be made liable for infringements. They can only be sued for not deleting single reported files.

So it's the most secure Filehost possible.

Mors

Mors

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 37 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:34 PM
Yes, but not every fansub puts their releases on IRC. And even if they do, XDCC is never as fast as a file host or even a torrent, dealing with only one chunk. Lastly, a lot of networks where I live seem to be trying to block IRC lately.

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:04 AM

Yes, but not every fansub puts their releases on IRC. And even if they do, XDCC is never as fast as a file host or even a torrent, dealing with only one chunk. Lastly, a lot of networks where I live seem to be trying to block IRC lately.

That's odd. I've never heard of IRC blocked.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:04 PM
  • LocationAustralia
Same with me I never heard of IRC being blocked, unless you're on something like school's or workplace internet.

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
My FileServe account has been terminated as well... and it was paid up till August 2013.
This shit is really pissing me off.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia
I guess I'm lucky that my friend's FS premium account isn't deleted, but this still sucks big time, lost my premium MU account. So it looks like they are targetting all uploaders illegal files account.

Posted Image

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:04 AM
Come on guys, what you were doing was totally illegal, it was only a matter of time...

I remember when I was using some those free webhosts to spread warez. Now those were the times... With this registering tool you could quickly make 100 accounts with 20 MB each. Then upload your rar's to them and yay you got 1 movie online. After a week, or sometimes as much as a month, it was discovered and you can start all over again. :P

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Okay, so this officially sucks.

I think our only ways forward are the following:

• Usenet
  • RapidShare (I don't know if they have any servers in the US, though)
  • Multiupload (probably bad support)
  • Torrents (with a private tracker, for instance)
  • IRC (private channel, bots, etc... will be comparatively slow)

So I think we need to stop and think about what we're going to do, and we should do it as a whole group, not individually. :)

Let me know if you think I missed anything (or added something that I shouldn't have).

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK
I say we wait a couple of weeks. Everyone goes on break and see what happens. But i will get a premium to what ever file hosting site you guys choose.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks

Okay, so this officially sucks.

I think our only ways forward are the following:

• Usenet
  • RapidShare (I don't know if they have any servers in the US, though)
  • Multiupload (probably bad support)
  • Torrents (with a private tracker, for instance)
  • IRC (private channel, bots, etc... will be comparatively slow)
So I think we need to stop and think about what we're going to do, and we should do it as a whole group, not individually. :)

Let me know if you think I missed anything (or added something that I shouldn't have).

RapidShare has already been deleting most copyrighted material for years. And using DDL is obviously not the way to go. :P

You forgot Direct Connect!

You could try making an AnimePassion Direct Connect hub. It can work relatively as efficient as torrents since you can download the same file from multiple users in chunks nowadays. (The only difference is that they need to have that file completed first afaik). You can also password protect it and only let in people whom you trust. No problems with leechers that way. :)

Posted Image

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia

RapidShare has already been deleting most copyrighted material for years. And using DDL is obviously not the way to go. :P

You forgot Direct Connect!

Yep, direct connect LOL old school. MysterySword was saying something to me about HFS (HTTP File Server) it works somewhat the same as FTP but uses HTTP instead.

Posted Image

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • LocationUK
Looks like its all kicking off... Tis definitely a pity all round. As was said though, it was really a matter of time.
Hopefully a suitable alternative that everyone can agree on will be found.

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks
Do you think that they are targeting people that are posting files on animetake?

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

Do you think that they are targeting people that are posting files on animetake?

Doubt it. I've never posted anything on AnimeTake.

I've only posted my links on my own sites and forums, which have all been offline for the past 11 days.

Other places I've posted at was Anime Passion and Cartoon-World.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 03:04 AM
they are most likely closing accounts with over an X amount of copyrighted content. but that said DDL's is NOT the way to go at this point as it will only be a matter of time until the rest of them are forced to fall inline once the MU trial is over. FS is just getting a head start so it can say it took the initiative to remove copyrighted content.

we are still working on getting all the technicals worked out so the only thing i can say about this is that we are going to torrents. we really discussed our options last night with a chat room with 16 members, yes a new record of 16, and i decided to go to torrents instead of DDL, IRC, usenet, or any other option. we are going with torrents as they are well known, widely used, and allow users the ability to seed their favorite uploaders content unlike IRC where 100% of the bandwidth needed to share content would have to go into one or more bots that cost a lot more than seed boxes per month and must be paid for by the uploader who many or may not take donations.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
Well I doubt I'll be downloading much then. Torrents are WAY to easily tracked and reported and they've been doing so for years. With much more heat these days, going even more out in the open is never a good thing. I've been contacted by my ISP before because of copyright due to torrents. Plus the severity of torrent downloading is higher than ddl. As with torrents you get charged with uploading and mass sharing as well. Even if you go to using a private tracker, it still is only as safe as the users allowed to access it. All it takes is a single account by copyright holder to gather all IP's in the swarm and voila.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 03:04 AM
even if that happens what will they do about it? send your ISP a DMCA? as long as you dont get dozens of them most ISP's could care less. and i have received 4 of those due to my idiotic brother constantly torrenting universal movie's -_- but never any from an anime. and i have personally shared probably 3TB worth... man that number will fly away soon -_- and once a dmca is received it shows the ip of the downloader so i can search and ipban them.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

even if that happens what will they do about it? send your ISP a DMCA? as long as you dont get dozens of them most ISP's could care less. and i have received 4 of those due to my idiotic brother constantly torrenting universal movie's -_- but never any from an anime. and i have personally shared probably 3TB worth... man that number will fly away soon -_- and once a dmca is received it shows the ip of the downloader so i can search and ipban them.

My ISP like many have a 1-strike policy. I lost my internet over that ordeal and like many people there is only one high-speed service in my area. I had to get the service again in a family members name. The company that filed the complaint threatened to take me to court as well.

I've gotten several DMCA's on my site, but none of them ever listed IP addresses and the people who sent them wasn't members of the community either. So I don't quite understand your last statement.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

Mors

Mors

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 37 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:34 PM
I'm currently looking for a good VHS I can set up as a seedbox. Use an encrypted connection to download from there and you should mostly be safe.

Of course, best would be to get a seedbox in some place with very lax anti-piracy laws, like Netherlands etc.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:04 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
All go private tracker!! I pledge money to help!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users