Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fileserve Accounts Deleted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:45 PM
  • LocationGolden, CO
Well worst came to worst. Along with mine, forge's and pooba's FS account got deleted. If you have a FS account log and try to transfer your files while you can.

That is all.

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 987 thanks
  • Local time: 03:45 PM
  • LocationSunny, Sunny Kalifornia
Also, we did notice that the three of us got nuked about an hour or so after making accounts at Uploadstation. If you haven't made an account there and have an FS account, double-check. I don't know if it's related or just a really unfortunate coincidence.

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
  • Local time: 05:45 PM
looks like im part of the club also

Your account has been disabled due to violations of our Terms and Conditions.

im taking a page out of Kenny Roger's greatest hit... & i know when to fold them.

EDIT: closed the blogsite

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Local time: 12:45 AM
  • LocationEurope
OMG, I'm feeling so sorry for you guys.
And I really know what it feels like.
I lost my MU account and thought about starting anew at FS, but now I think you can't go or be nowhere.

Worst-Case-Scenario now :(

Who likes private trackers?

Edit: I'm downloading Jose's Gurren Lagann right now, so the links are not dead (yet).

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
i hate torrents but both of my account got disabled as well. time to start weighing the future.

and no i have yet to even look at uploadstation.

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 06:45 PM
looks like I am the only one in the bunch has not been killed, but I think I can hide my actions but encrypting and uping everything under a different name

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationEurope
May I ask something?

Out of curiosity, is there a legal deadline in America for appealing to terminations of ones membership (contract)?

If yes, then that's probably how long your files of unidentified content will have to stay on their servers.

Edit: ...and how much time we have left for downloading :P

Ero Penguin

Ero Penguin

Mushi

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:45 AM
lol my account got deleted too. Oh well, I didn't like FS anyway. Looks like they are targeting anime sites.

Mors

Mors

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 37 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:15 AM
Guys, what about the accusations I see floating around in WJunction that FileServe, FileJungle and UploadStation are all hosting solutions provided by the same group of people? They apparently share the same codebase and are owned by cousins or something. Don't know if it's old news to you or not, but if that's the case, I don't think UL/FJ will be a good bet to move forwards either...

I'll be all for a private tracker of course. :blushing:

SkyLord

SkyLord

Magical Girl

• Trusted Encoders
  • 838 posts
  • 1478 thanks
my account got deleted too :(

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationEurope

Looks like they are targeting anime sites.

Rather looks like they are destroying evidence.

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
This is horrible news. I feel for you all.

Would going back to passworded archives help?

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
I'm starting to think more and more that usenet is the way to go forward.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
no raring up stuff will not help as we lost our accounts and will have to start all over again....

SkyLord

SkyLord

Magical Girl

• Trusted Encoders
  • 838 posts
  • 1478 thanks

will have to start all over again....

Yeah, i think we will wait few days before uploading, many filehosts are currently undergoing alot of change due to recent events. I think we will now be uploading anime in RARed files, preferably also renamed.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:45 AM
  • LocationAustralia
Time to go old school and use FTP and IRC xD

Posted Image

IZEROII

IZEROII

King of Knights

• Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationFlorida, USA
Well my account is still there with 505 files intact but you boys have way more hits than I get. Looks like upload station is going to be the new host? Im waiting to see where fansubs go as I'll just get a premium for that but looks like that will be the new site

Pooba

Pooba

Meitantei

• Administrators
  • 281 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • Local time: 06:45 PM
  • LocationU.S.A
ok,here is the idea,no point into going to uploadstation cuz they are owned by the same people at fileserve,,also they are based out of america.you want out of the usa and here is a list of the major hosting and where they are located

FIleserve - America
Filejungle - America
Filesonic - Hong Kong
Uploadstation - America
Oron - Netherlands
Mediafire - America
Rapidshare - Germany
Megashares - America
Bitshare - Hong Kong
Filepost - America

Mors

Mors

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 37 posts
  • 0 thanks
I might get a 1-month UL subscription just because some fansub groups seem to be moving there. My guess is that the UL guys will wait a bit for people (like me) to buy premium accounts and then do the same thing as as they did in FS. (No more payouts etc.) Fansubs will then again move to somewhere else.

I suppose the trick is to download all the stuff before they do. Because once this whole mess settles down, it'll take a bit of time for the fansub groups to make their releases publicly available again. Also lone wolf encoders may go the same way as TCL if they don't want all the hassle.

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

I might get a 1-month UL subscription just because some fansub groups seem to be moving there. My guess is that the UL guys will wait a bit for people (like me) to buy premium accounts and then do the same thing as as they did in FS. (No more payouts etc.) Fansubs will then again move to somewhere else.

I suppose the trick is to download all the stuff before they do. Because once this whole mess settles down, it'll take a bit of time for the fansub groups to make their releases publicly available again. Also lone wolf encoders may go the same way as TCL if they don't want all the hassle.

IRC will live on unscathed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users