Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Goodbye Megaupload :(

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 02:03 AM
Seems I over exagerated due to a problem on my end and seeing other people on another forum having similar issues. jose reported that only 5 of his series are down.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

lordashram

lordashram

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 227 posts
  • 103 thanks
  • Location\m/(^_^)\m/

It'll be interesting to see how this recent government intervention will play out for the anime community. It's going to be a bad day if it gets to the point where big groups or established encoders close their doors out of fear of the "what if". Hell even just users that just share. Nobody wants to worry about prosecution

Truthfully, I hope it does scare off many of the scener's. I've come to hate scener's and the crap they call quality releases. I could do a better encode using my old Commodore 64 then what most of them put out.

Posted Image

Stop, collaborate and listen

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 03:03 AM
ya i had to manually link check all my folders with JD just to see which series where down. nearly ALL my older 720p content was off line but none of the 1080p minus summer wars. i think i didnt get hit too bad considering.

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:03 AM
  • LocationGolden, CO
yeah. only 5 series of mine vanished. i'm backing up everything to a free account on uploadstation just in case though. since you can use the remote upload, it's quick and easy; it's mainly a precaution, since more files might disappear from FS

Forge

Forge

Now with 50% more win!

• Trusted Encoders
  • 950 posts
  • 986 thanks
  • Local time: 12:03 AM
  • LocationSunny, Sunny Kalifornia
Motherfucker. My FS account was killed. Seems like Jose's was as well.

IZEROII

IZEROII

King of Knights

• Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationFlorida, USA
You know I forgot about xdcc. That would be where everyone would fall back to which would be fine with me. Apparently my brother just texted me and said that these pipa and sopa bills were postponed indefinitely with the current proposals dead in the water. Basically when they get put up for vote it'll be a very different bill.

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:03 AM
XDCC can't give people money for their illegal downloads, instead it even takes a lot of money to offer it on a bot with decent speed. So I doubt anyone will do that. :P

Torrents are a lot easier... I don't see what's wrong with them. They work much more efficient than any other means. Maybe too many people leeching and not seeding?

You could try making an AnimePassion Direct Connect hub. It can work relatively as efficient as torrents since you can download the same file from multiple users in chunks nowadays. (The only difference is that they need to have that file completed first afaik). You can also password protect it and only let in people whom you trust. No problems with leechers that way. :)

Posted Image

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:03 PM
  • LocationAustralia

XDCC can't give people money for their illegal downloads, instead it even takes a lot of money to offer it on a bot with decent speed. So I doubt anyone will do that. :P

Torrents are a lot easier... I don't see what's wrong with them. They work much more efficient than any other means. Maybe too many people leeching and not seeding?

You could try making an AnimePassion Direct Connect hub. It can work relatively as efficient as torrents since you can download the same file from multiple users in chunks nowadays. (The only difference is that they need to have that file completed first afaik). You can also password protect it and only let in people whom you trust. No problems with leechers that way. :)

Direct connect hub huh? I haven't heard of that in like over 7 years. If I remember correctly anime-planet used to share animes by direct connect hub. LOL that was a heck of a long time ago though before they went legal.

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:03 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Motherfucker. My FS account was killed. Seems like Jose's was as well.

:O Just as i am about to start downloading your/this sites stuff

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
rofl, sry but i just had to bring up this dead horse as someone just asked me for MU links! :rofl:

lordashram

lordashram

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 227 posts
  • 103 thanks
  • Location\m/(^_^)\m/

rofl, sry but i just had to bring up this dead horse as someone just asked me for MU links! :rofl:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stop, collaborate and listen

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
lol well someone has not been keeping up with the news

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
So who has been living under that big ol' rock?

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

fennz

fennz

Tsundere

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:03 AM
  • LocationUK, scotland
Not me! Its like trying to find a needle in a haystack now to find full series from a group i must have in top quality. Lets just say 3 to 4 hrs over 2 to 3 days sometimes to find other links or links which are still alive. Then a bit of editing to have the subs or language i want eng sub with jap voice ofc! Google is still your friend, you just have to find the right key words to get the search result you want ;)
THE MOUSE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE PEN! AH SCRAP THAT WE NOW HAVE TOUCH SCREEN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users