Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Goodbye Megaupload :(

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Local time: 12:43 AM
  • LocationEurope

HOST EVERYTHING IN SWITZERLAND!

Copyright holder " We demand you stop sharing this"

Host " Too bad, it is legal here"

Lawyer " I cannot do anything, now pay me for this advice"

Interpol " We gonna catch and extradite him when he goes on vacation"

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:43 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Switzerland is a member of Interpol so it should be all good! Also they do not make arrests themselves it is more of a liaison service between between the many law-enforcement agencies of all its member countries. or so i thought...

Posted Image

shuurin

shuurin

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:43 PM
  • LocationCaptured in world of anime!
Rapidshare
Headquarters Cham, Switzerland
:D

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:43 PM
  • LocationGolden, CO

Rapidshare
Headquarters Cham, Switzerland
:D

rapidshare is horrible

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Local time: 12:43 AM
  • LocationEurope

Switzerland is a member of Interpol so it should be all good! Also they do not make arrests themselves it is more of a liaison service between between the many law-enforcement agencies of all its member countries. or so i thought...

It was supposed to be an analogy of the arrest of Kim Schmitz.
Interpol handed out a Red Notice for arresting him while he was in New Zealand (where he used to live), instead of in Hong Kong (main office).

Hosting and downloading is legal in Switzerland, but uploading is illegal. Thus, compies like Rapidshare are save, but you are not.

shuurin

shuurin

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks

rapidshare is horrible

Because..?

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:43 PM
  • LocationDenmark

and us usenet users walk away whistleing innocently. :whistle:

When I last used Usenet I could not find any, or very little anime, has this changed?
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

You are not a florist! You are a manufacturer of weapons!

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationGolden, CO

Because..?

when was the last time you found a forum where people shared using RS? forever ago, because RS is horrible

Mors

Mors

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 37 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:13 AM
I had a premium account in MU with little over a year left. OH WOE IS ME D8

I think I'll swear off file hosts altogether. Unless you guys can convince me to shell out even more money for FileServe...?

P.S. I wonder if I can take the US government to the small claims court for the loss of legal content I had in my premium account? How would that work for a non-US citizen? In fact, why the hell am I being inconvenienced by some fags in US DOJ, which happens to be in another continent entirely?

SkyLord

SkyLord

Magical Girl

• Trusted Encoders
  • 838 posts
  • 1478 thanks
Now FileServe removed Make-Money System...need to backup fileserve files to other host.

shuurin

shuurin

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks

when was the last time you found a forum where people shared using RS?

No need to look for new forums offering RS. I just rely on those that have been offering them since they exist, like tehparadox.com. You can find everything you need there, be it music, software, videos, etc.. However, most of the time I don't need to go to those forums to get what I want: I just use filestube and co. And the download speed for non-premium users is always over 1 MByte/s (at least for me it is). You don't need to enter captchas either. So, at least for downloaders it's perfect. Don't know about uploaders. Mind telling me?

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationGolden, CO

Now FileServe removed Make-Money System...

good thing i cashed all my money to paypal last week (i normally let it sit in fileserve and just buy premium, decided to buy a year and cash the rest out to get a seedbox) :) as a precaution for the SOPA and PIPA stuff. also, i have a full year membership over there still... so i'm set. even if the shut it down. i've yet to actually since my own money into fileserve

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

When I last used Usenet I could not find any, or very little anime, has this changed?

Some groups do put their stuff up, just search by CRC values.

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • LocationUK
Tis a pity, they were the only main site that I could get my full speed from...Also, all my UM encodes I did are gone for download now. :(

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Now FileServe removed Make-Money System...need to backup fileserve files to other host.

Wow, that really sucks.

This whole situation is ridiculous for people that use these file hosts legitimately.

Posted Image

Mors

Mors

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 37 posts
  • 0 thanks
My ISP doesn't offer UseNet, lol. I think this is high time for me to think about getting one though. Problem is, getting high bandwidth is expensive in India, and for the kind of volume I need (> 60 GB/month for me, all settled) prohibitively so. Of course I could buckle down and get a land-line, but they are horribly inefficient when it comes to repairs. I'd rather stick with my horde of USB modems. :lol:

If I do switch over to torrents only, like from BakaBT, I'll be needing a SeedBox too. But to pay for that + to pay for actually downloading from it, just sticks in my craw.

Also this legal action opens up a whole new can of worms. What, exactly, can we do to completely protect ourselves from this kind of retaliation?

- PeerBlock and the like might no longer be enough to protect ourselves. (Not that it ever was.) Even private trackers are not safe, if you get right down to it.
- I'm not that much of a bastard to use Tor for torrents or HTTP traffic and overload the already ailing network.
- The Best Bet? I think I'll buy a VPN situated somewhere in Europe with lax laws - that's probably the safest option right now.

Not that in India this whole MU shebang is going to be a problem even in the next five years, but I'm going to UK for a year pretty soon, and I don't want to be woken up at night and hauled away to the nearest precinct just because I torrented an anime episode.

@QifutuWahuta: How many is "some"? To put it plainly, do quality groups (like, say, UTW or Mazui or even Commie) put up their works in UseNet? I honestly have only a very general idea how UseNet works, but on the other hand that just means the DOJ people (who probably are not as tuned in to tech as I am) should have even less.

MysterySword

MysterySword

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 260 posts
  • 395 thanks
  • Local time: 06:43 PM
  • LocationFlagship Brunhilde

Yeah, I'd advise people to switch from FS, since they got scared from MU's takedown (they are in the US, after all). FS actually deletes files while keeping the file on your account now. So it won't show up in deleted files, but when you click on it in your account, it'll say that the file is gone.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks

well damn... i was just about to payout too...

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDenmark

My ISP doesn't offer UseNet, lol.

My ISP does not offer Usenet either, but I bought it from another provider for a month to try it out, it wasn't more expensive than what I already pay for premium accounts on file hosting sites, and the tools like SickBeard and CouchPotato were really convenient, but it was too automated for me and even though manual search is possible, I decided that I would just revert to using forums and torrent trackers for my needs since I usually haven't got trouble finding material on those.

Also this legal action opens up a whole new can of worms. What, exactly, can we do to completely protect ourselves from this kind of retaliation?

- PeerBlock and the like might no longer be enough to protect ourselves. (Not that it ever was.) Even private trackers are not safe, if you get right down to it.
- I'm not that much of a bastard to use Tor for torrents or HTTP traffic and overload the already ailing network.
- The Best Bet? I think I'll buy a VPN situated somewhere in Europe with lax laws - that's probably the safest option right now.

I don't know about India, but there really isn't big chances of being caught by downloading copyrighted material, the danish anti-piracy corporation has at least publicly said that they only pursue original uploaders, as they have a much easier case against them.
Anyway I only use torrents for anime, and I don't think downloading anime is that bad. And it is virtually impossible to be caught when using DDL sites like FS
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

You are not a florist! You are a manufacturer of weapons!

MysterySword

MysterySword

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 260 posts
  • 395 thanks
  • Local time: 06:43 PM
  • LocationFlagship Brunhilde
So I found out FS blocks files by md5 now. This means if the file was taken down on FS before by the DMCA, the same file can no longer be uploaded (unless you change the md5 by zipping it or another method).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users