Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who I am?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:37 PM
  • LocationDenmark
Hi all,
I mostly go by the nickname Virtureal online and I am an 19 year old male from Denmark.
I honestly can't remember how I found animepassion, but I was not active at all on the old site, something which I will try to change (although I would often rather watch another movie or episode than go online to discuss the one I just watched.)
I love movies and TV shows in general and watch both "real" and animated media, but my love for anime ultimately comes from one thing, its ability to be incredibly stylized and how it does not need to conform to any laws of nature.
I do not have a MyAnimeList account because I do not want to take the time to keep an online database on what I watch as I view all my media on my HTPC and XBMC keeps track of my watched status automatically. I also enjoy using a media center program to view my media because of how stylish it can be displayed:
Posted Image

I am a media collector and have a very large (imo) backlog downloaded and XBMC lets me display it beautifully.
The backside to using a program like XBMC is that it cannot recognize most default episode filenames and I have to batch rename them, which doesn't take a minute, but stops me from seeding any torrent with the files, which in turn is why I like using direct download sites, this way I do not feel bad about not seeding.

My favorites are (in mostly alphabetical order):
Series:
  • Berserk
  • Black Lagoon
  • Code Geass
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Death Note
  • Elfen Lied
  • FLCL
  • Freedom Project
  • Golden Boy
  • GTO
  • Hellsing Ultimate
  • Katanagatari
  • Speed Grapher
  • Steins;Gate
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  • Trigun
Movies:
  • Akira
  • Dead Leaves
  • Ghost in the Shell 1 & 2 (Not 2.0 though!)
  • Howl's Moving Castle
  • Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
  • Mononoke Hime
  • Redline
  • Steamboy
  • Summer Wars
I wanted to shorten these lists, but I did not know which I should remove and they aren't really that long, are they?
(Read: I do not want to pick favorites among the ones I like, they are all my favorites)

I do not read manga, although I started this foray into japanese entertainment by reading manga in the library. I did start reading Mirai Nikki last year, and I have contemplated reading Berserk, but I prioritized watching some of my backlog instead. I do read though, mostly fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, and literary classics, oh and graphic novels, for some reason I really like reading western graphic novels, but not manga, even though I love anime.

I also play games and really enjoy classic adventure games from Lucasart and the likes, but I throw a bit of multiplayer racing and shooting in there too. I mostly tire of MMOs quickly, especially if they play a lot like WoW (SW:TOR, I am looking at you!) But I did play Darkfall Online for quite a while, but ended up ragequitting as a result of a series of bad decisions and bad luck. On that note I am looking forward to trying Tera and its intriguing combat system out, but again I am afraid that I will tire of it.

This was all some of what I do in my spare time, and boy did I write a lot, but I am also studying and after summer I am hoping to start on a university aiming for a candidate in computer science, and I also work weekends and holidays in a book store.

So, I hope you guys feel you know me now, and I hope my small wall of text did not scare you away, I will try to be active on the forums, but I promise nothing.
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

You are not a florist! You are a manufacturer of weapons!

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 03:37 PM
Hi from AP
and welcome
you got some good tastes in anime

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

Optimus Dung

Optimus Dung

Domo

• Inactive Member
  • 70 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUnder your bed :>
Cool! I'm from Denmark as well :yes: Welcome to the AniPas :D

Oooh a siggy spot! This will feed my inner and most vile creature (most likely some undigested plastic toy from when i was a wee lad) to create meh a signature :=D <-- lol wth is that? Some kind of snail smiley?

<[SIGGY SPOT RESERVED]>

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:37 AM
  • LocationAustralia
Wow awesome introduction thread man! A warm welcome to AnimePassion forums, hope you enjoy your stay here! You have a really good list of favorite animes, most of them are actually my favorites as well. Also I must say that is one awesome looking mediacentre you got there! I wish I had a HTPC, but first I need to get a new TV before that, so does XBMC comes like that out of the box? Or is it some kind of addon for those anime stuff? Anyways good to have you here and hope you stay active, don't forget to say thanks to the encodes/uploaders!

Posted Image

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDenmark
I use the skin Aeon Nox and playlists to seperate anime from tv and anime movies from movies etc.
PM me if you try it and get stuck somewhere, and I'll try to help you and point you to the right wiki pages etc. but just know that it can easily take some time and work to setup.
Imagine, if you will, a beautiful field full of flowers; bluebells, daffodils, tiger lilies... Every kind of blossom you can imagine, bringing a wonderful conflagration of color into a world which is otherwise dull and dark. Now, imagine that every one of those flowers is planted on the body of a tormented soul that died in agony (probably undeservedly), and will never know the true afterlife.

In life, they became florists because they love flowers, but here, a flower is a symbol of pain, of death within death. Their conflicting feelings build and build, and they become quite mad.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 02:37 PM
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Welcome to AnimePassion.

I love the effort you put into your intro - major props, man.

MAL accounts aren't just a convenience for yourself, they're a great way to show others what you've seen. That way, we can recommend some new shows that you'd probably like. ;)

Oh, and I love how Steins;Gate is one of your favorites!

At any rate, try to stay more active than last time, and be sure to thank the uploaders for their hard work!

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Posted Image

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDenmark
I see the point in using MAL stab, but there is so many other things I can spend my time on the computer with and I then prioritize, but I can definitely see how it is useful both for myself and for other people, it is just something which I cannot be bothered to set up at the moment

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:37 PM
  • LocationGolden, CO

I see the point in using MAL stab, but there is so many other things I can spend my time on the computer with and I then prioritize, but I can definitely see how it is useful both for myself and for other people, it is just something which I cannot be bothered to set up at the moment

click on my list that is in my sig. 500+ shows added and rated in a little over an hour :P haha it's easy to do and quick when you have everything organized (on your home computer).

but don't let us push you into making one. everyone has there own way of tracking anime :)

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:37 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Do you use smart playlists on XBMC? I use them with the Confluence skin with a custom menu mod. This allows me to have 'Anime Films' and 'Anime Shows' seperate from 'TV Shows' and 'Movies'.

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:37 PM
  • LocationUK
I like animeplanet. Its layout is just better than MAL... I like both actually.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 02:37 PM
  • LocationMichigan, USA

I like animeplanet. Its layout is just better than MAL... I like both actually.

I can't stand AnimePlanet. ;)

Posted Image

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:37 PM
  • LocationUK

I can't stand AnimePlanet. ;)

Ah well. TBH it is poor of finding out what a show is about. I like using it just to check off my anime.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

Virtureal

Virtureal

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 124 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDenmark

Do you use smart playlists on XBMC? I use them with the Confluence skin with a custom menu mod. This allows me to have 'Anime Films' and 'Anime Shows' seperate from 'TV Shows' and 'Movies'.

Indeed I do, this way I can have a main menu point for Anime (which is just shows), Anime Movies, Movies, and TV Shows, where movies and tv shows are non-anime.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:37 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
YEAAH, we have the same setup but with different skin. It is the best way to have the menu. A friend was like why don't you just put your anime with your other movies and tv shows.... He just does not understand.

I am yet to use 10.1 of XBMC though. I have it downloaded not installed it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users