Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The New Code Geass in Summer '12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

IZEROII

IZEROII

King of Knights

• Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:04 AM
  • LocationFlorida, USA
So some of you may recall the post I made on the old AniPas about the new Code Geass. Specifically, Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito. Now this is not a sequel as the title basically negates that theory (Code Geass Side Story: Akito of the Ruined Nation). However, this story does take place during the same time period as R1-R2. Don't know exactly when and where it falls but sometime during the rebellion. The main cast from the original is NOT apart of this show but it is also not ruled out that they will make an appearance. In all honesty, it would probably be a cameo type deal or something like hear about them on the news or see them on the TV type deal.

Anyway, the first episode already has a confirmed screening date in Japan. April 22, 2012 (those lucky bastards!). Where it goes from there, idk. MAL has it marked as an OVA series which it very well may be but it might also be a TV series.

Series summary:
The story takes place in Europe in the year a.t.b. 2017. A Knightmare unit made of boys and girls from Zone Eleven are thrown into a military operation with a 5% chance of survival. They must rescue an allied unit left behind on the European warfront.

Here is the trailer (the music is absolutely HORRIBLE but the animation looks to be A+):

Official webpage: http://geass.jp/akito/index.html

Also, apparently the original series is being adapted into a movie which will probably not top the TV series but that is just me. And just for good measure an OVA spin off entitled Code Geass Gaiden: Nunnally in Wonderland (website: http://www.geass.jp/nunnally/)

I'm of course going to watch this when we finally get our hands on it. I think it will be good just by the looks of it since it's roots i.e staff are those who made the original Code Geass. The fact that this is not a sequel is a good thing. Adding anything to the story would take away from the significance that is "Zero's Requiem". I want to see C.C. and Zero together as much as anyone else but it's better to leave that awesome climax the way it was, perfect.

And for you MAL users add it to your profile in case you haven't already http://myanimelist.net/anime/8888/

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
I said this back in the old thread, but I'm very much looking forward to this show... although to a lesser extent than before. I mean, considering how disappointing Guilty Crown has been thus far, I just have a less optimistic outlook on this one.

Ah, well. I hope we get to see Lelouch in all his fabulousness from a different perspective (i.e. Akito sees certain events from R1 and R2, but from an entirely different point of view). :D

Posted Image

IZEROII

IZEROII

King of Knights

• Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationFlorida, USA
You bring up a good point with Guilty Crown but hey that show still has 50% more to go so I'm not giving up on it yet ;) Although it has to get A LOT better lol.

I'm not going to lump this in with GC as I doubt the creators of Code Geass would make what is suppose to be a serious series....lame. Could always be wrong but to attach the name "Code Geass" to your title you better be packing some big guns son :P

That would be awesome to see the rebellion from a different angle. I wonder if they will focus on the rebellion a lot or if it will just be the root of this groups personal cause.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
it looks too mecha battle oriented, that or they just wanna show off the better/flashier mecha battles.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:04 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Hmm... I get the felling that it will be a shadow of the actual TV series. It may be a good anime, and I hope it. If they can tie it in to some of the orginal series, like references to events or even a scene from a different perspective that would be cool. I just hope they do not create any continuity issues... unless it is suppose to be 'alternative universe' where somethings are slightly different....

Posted Image

IZEROII

IZEROII

King of Knights

• Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationFlorida, USA

it looks too mecha battle oriented, that or they just wanna show off the better/flashier mecha battles.

I think they just wanted to show it off personally. Idk what is up that white knightmare as it doesn't look to knightmare-frameish lol. The upper torso reminds me of the Arbalest from Full Metal Panic minus that fact that this ones looks much cooler.

Hmm... I get the felling that it will be a shadow of the actual TV series. It may be a good anime, and I hope it. If they can tie it in to some of the orginal series, like references to events or even a scene from a different perspective that would be cool. I just hope they do not create any continuity issues... unless it is suppose to be 'alternative universe' where somethings are slightly different....

I think is just this casts story set during Zero's rebellion and the fact that it may have references or cameos is par for the course given the time arc. As long as they don't try to tie this story into the original story I think it will be ok. But from what I've read, the director has no intention of doing something like that.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
This is good news!

Posted Image

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:04 AM
  • LocationGolden, CO
This is gonna be as awesome as the new eureka seven series :D

Ero Penguin

Ero Penguin

Mushi

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:04 PM

I said this back in the old thread, but I'm very much looking forward to this show... although to a lesser extent than before. I mean, considering how disappointing Guilty Crown has been thus far, I just have a less optimistic outlook on this one.

My thoughts exactly. But still hopeful.
I heard of another Geass project featuring CC and a man who looked very much like Lelouch a while ago. The story was supposed to take place in the Edo era. Seeing that I'm not much of a mecha fan, that sounds more appealing to me. Any news on that?

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
That would be interesting. Have not heard of this though

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 09:04 AM
It's suppose to be set around the end of R1.

I just hope they don't screw it up with horrible pacing, bad use of dues-ex-machina to fix broken story points, etc.. that they did in season 2.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:04 PM
  • LocationAustralia

It's suppose to be set around the end of R1.

I just hope they don't screw it up with horrible pacing, bad use of dues-ex-machina to fix broken story points, etc.. that they did in season 2.

Funny that's what I was thinking as well, and yeah you're right about season 2 it also felt kinda rushed as well.

Posted Image

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
I don't see how it can be as good without Lelouch and C.C. I mean without the old cast, it's up in the air whether it will be good or not. By going with the latest sequels and stories that just share the same background, odds are more likely that it will disappoint.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Just treat as a different series. That is what I do in these circimstances

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users