Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy XIII-2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:18 PM
  • LocationGolden, CO

Posted Image

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (ファイナルファンタジーXIII-2) is a console role-playing video game developed and published by Square Enix for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It was produced by Square Enix's 1st Production Department, with help from external developer tri-Ace. It is a direct sequel to the 2009 role playing game, Final Fantasy XIII, taking place three years after its events. Lightning, the protagonist of the original game, has disappeared into an unknown world. Her younger sister Serah Farron, a returning character, and a young man named Noel Kreiss attempt to find Lightning.

Stupid video won't embbed for me :( oh well. Anyways, with the game fast approaching, I thought we could use a topic to express our thoughts. I'm so ready for this game, from what I've read and seen, they have overhauled many aspects of the game which include but are not limited to: linearity of the game, gameplay mechanics, crystarium and Hope not being a bitch (hopefully). Any thoughts or impressions on how they changed something and the way it will affect the game?

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 05:18 AM
  • LocationUK
Got collectors edition on preorder, should be good. XIII was the first FF that I actually finished (VII being the only other one I have actually played). I enjoyed it with my only problem being too many re-skins and Hope/Vanille. I didn't really have a problem with the "linearity" or anything, I quite like linear games. In saying that, a change should be nice and I am quite interested by the finishing moves and addtional battle mechanics.

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationGolden, CO
I have the collectors edition pre-ordered also. mainly for the sketches and soundtrack :D

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,196 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 10:18 PM
I've been a long time Final Fantasy fan. Even created one of the oldest Final Fantasy sites still in existence and one of the most active still today despite lack of work on it in over 4 years.

However Final Fantasy died to me after FF13.

FF13-2 hasn't changed much of anything from FF13 at all. The battle system is almost untouched aside from the addition of monsters. The gameplay is still ever lacking, and the series is no longer true RPG. Square Enix is focused on turning the franchise into some non-gameplay action hybrid genre that focuses more on cut scenes than anything.

I'll stick to the classics and look else where for future true RPG's. It's not like Square Enix is giving anyone a choice.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:18 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Pre ordered the collectors and guide from amazon. American prices for the win!

Posted Image

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Local time: 06:18 AM
  • LocationEurope
I won't buy Part 2, since XIII was pretty much a disappointment to me.
I'm just hoping that Versus will be more like Kindom Hearts.

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 05:18 AM
  • LocationUK

Pre ordered the collectors and guide from amazon. American prices for the win!

Hmm, I got the collectors for just under £40 when Amazon UK effed up the pricing, saved £10. £.£

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

IZEROII

IZEROII

King of Knights

• Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:18 PM
  • LocationFlorida, USA
Already preordered collectors edition + guide. Little disappointed that the party is only (what appears) two characters plus whatever fiend you decide to play that battle. I like having a full roster of cast characters to choose with. But hey, maybe it will turn out to be a cool edition. The leveling system within the actual roles is either going to be cool or really tedious.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
I also have this preordered... though it's just the regular edition. Koby, I disagree with you - they seem to have changed damn near everything that I disliked about the original FXIII. It has a non-linear story, tons of optional exploration and goodies, side quests, mini-games, and so on. Personally, I think the game looks amazing - and so I am willing to give it a chance, even after its terrible prequel.

ZERO, they also have guest characters that will join your party for short periods of time (i.e. Snow, Hope, etc).

P.S. Jose, I fixed your media embedding. You can't use a non-youtube site in that manner, it has to be a well-known site for it to be recognized. Use the actual youtube link instead of youtu.be. :P

Posted Image

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationGolden, CO
I agree with you Stab. I just didn't want to disagree with Koby because it always leads to a giant argument about why he is right -_- no offense to Koby (you are very very opinionated and hate to be wrong). Anyways, I love the fact that they have pretty much revamped the entire game. The story and gameplay in the first game borrowed from many different FF games of the past and I thought it was a huge improvement over the turn based shit. That gets boring fast.

I'm with ZERO hoping that they have more than just a two character party with just monsters and I know that guests show up from time to time but I really like having the here are your 7 characters choose 3 that suit your style.

Also, that embedded thing is dumb -_- when i tried the .com link it didn't work either. Oh well, Stab to the rescue; that's why I :wub: you.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

(you are very very opinionated and hate to be wrong)

Sure, but so are you and I, which is why we get into those arguments in the first place. :P

And yeah, I don't like either of the main characters, so I'm hoping that we'll see some variation to the game's party structure.

Posted Image

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationGolden, CO

Sure, but so are you and I, which is why we get into those arguments in the first place. :P

And yeah, I don't like either of the main characters, so I'm hoping that we'll see some variation to the game's party structure.

yeah yeah. but last argument i got in with him, before it happened i says 'let's not talk about it cause i don't wanna argue' (about CLAMPS works) haha

idk. i hear there is a downloadable bikini for the Serah :O that might make it okay haha but in all seriousness, it wouldn't be a FF game if they excluded the 6-7 character line up.

why don't you youtube the japanese walkthrough and tell me if there are more characters... but leave out the spoilers i want to enjoy the game :P

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,196 posts
  • 71 thanks

it wouldn't be a FF game if they excluded the 6-7 character line up.

FFX-2 only had 3 characters, but it had the best battle system of the franchise, minus the crappy dresssphere system and terrible story setup.

I just like my jRPG's to actually be RPG's, which the Final Fantasy series is no longer.

Koby, I disagree with you - they seem to have changed damn near everything that I disliked about the original FXIII. It has a non-linear story, tons of optional exploration and goodies, side quests, mini-games, and so on.

The trailers and videos show that absolutely nothing worthwhile was changed. Making the hallways wider and allowing you to jump through time doesn't mean it'd actually be any less linear. Adding towns, allowing you to jump, explore, side-quests, mini-games, etc.. those are all additions that only make a great game even better, but when the gameplay is shit then then those minor additions aren't worth it. The main problem with FF13 was it's completely almost non-existent battle system, which was left almost completely untouched. They added/fixed things sure, but not where it really mattered. FFXIII-2 might have been polished a little more, but it still plays like the same old FFXIII, which was the highest selling game of the first week, and brought in new fans to the series who love it, but became the most hated of the franchise by long time fans. All they care about is creating a new genre of games for the new generation of game players who couldn't handle real rpgs.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationGolden, CO

FFX-2 only had 3 characters, but it had the best battle system of the franchise, minus the crappy dresssphere system and terrible story setup.

coulda swore it was an ATB like FFXIII and like FFVII

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:18 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
FFX-2!! I just remember playing it through 3 times to get 3 catnips equiping it my mad gunner bitches then using trigger happy on low health. 9999 damage a hit, each character while using trigger happy... Is so OP, kind of like W-Summon with Knights of the Round and then have everyone just mimic it over and over again. Good bye Weapons. Slightly different approach for Ruby i think... but close enough. 4xcut, return macgic, counter all dem used the right way can make you OP.

Or in FFIX, using Quina's Lv. 5 Death spell against those Grand Dragons on the outside of Gizamalike's Grotto. As soon as you got your Ocean capable chocobo go to that Esto Gaza place in the frozen continent, the beaches there have Whale Zombies, eat it and you are set. Then i prefer Steiner using Stock Break,Climhazzard or Shock depending on who i am attacking to get 9999, Zidane just attacking because it does like 9000 damage anyway, Freya and dragoncrest for 9999 and Eiko with Maiden or Holy for 9999... though of course if something is holy absorb, this does not work well... and like Protect Ring, Pumice Piece or Ribbon on your characters and OMG I LOVE THIS GAME

And FFVIII Quistis cast Aura on her then use Degenerator. But that do not work all the time ie bosses tonberries, grat and vysagggsgsgsgsgsr or something like that. So just use Squall's lionheart limitbreak the same way, if you get your triggers all in it is op.. even more so with them Hero drink things that make you invincible!!! Good bye Weapons again

And how can you forget Zanmato... "Hey zach, what is the easiest way to be Maester Seymor for the 67th time, every time i run into him he is stonger even though i fight like very cut scene"

"Well my FF noob friend let me demonstate this complex txt file i got of the internets.....
Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you reply to this topic.

So now you have Compatibility of 255 with teh Yojimbo and will attack without being paid 25% of time with Wakizashi or Zanmato, OP right?"
"Thanks Zach now I can win as much as you!"
"Only once you go through the effort of finishing every thing you can 100%, then you can use it" (hahahaha the poor fool will have to do what i did before i read this guide, sadly he did not fall for it :()

My lack of sleep has made me go on a little to much.... To the bed!

Posted Image

IZEROII

IZEROII

King of Knights

• Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationFlorida, USA
yojimbo is a piece :P that greedy bastard. manga sisters all the way, delta attack!

Anime277

Anime277

Anime Lover

• Inactive Member
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationToronto
Lol FFX is the best man, but the only problem is that it's too easy.

joseole99

joseole99

Dual Bringer

• Moderators
  • 339 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationGolden, CO

Lol FFX is the best man, but the only problem is that it's too easy.

You should have taken the no sphere grid challenge. Or whatever other challenges there were.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,196 posts
  • 71 thanks

You should have taken the no sphere grid challenge. Or whatever other challenges there were.

Lol, first time I played FFX I got up to the 3rd encounter with Seymour without ever using the Sphere Grid.
I've beat FFX so many times that now I can get through the game in a breeze with only 15 hours.
Did you know they are working on a PS3 and Vita release of FFX HD?

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

Mallory

Mallory

Keyblade Wielder

• Administrators
  • 290 posts
  • 0 thanks
I am SO ready for this game to come out!!! My boyfriend pre-ordered it but I know he'll be hogging it till he beats it so I won't get to play it till he's done.... <.<

Posted Image

"One Sky, One Destiny"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users