Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What show has disappointed you the most?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 02:34 PM
I would have to say the once show that has completely disappointed me was a show that I could not watch more than 30 seconds and not see boobies was Queens Blade to much fan service and not enough story

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:34 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
My post on the first page has a similar view to you blade:

Queens Blade. I wanted good sexy boobness but I got really really shit sexy boobness. I was not expecting Clannad of course, i went into it knowing the kind of quality, that Will would undoubly despise; lack a strong story, be a total fanservice and have nothing unique about it. I guess I was expecting something like an adult version of stike witches (only was watching it recently). However it ended up being my mosted loathed series of all time!

Posted Image

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks
  • Local time: 02:34 PM
Queens Blade is the only series that I have ever dropped and then immediately deleted from my archive

lightningblade.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
2588255.png

mercer1028

mercer1028

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:34 PM
Soul Eater. I have a tendency to see through anything that I dislike just so I can criticize it adequately. 13 episodes into Soul Eater, I gave it 6/10--nothing special. When I was 40 episodes in, I wanted to lower the score a bit, but maintained my original. When I finished the last episode, I revised my score to a 3/10. Let me remind those who are unaware of my vitriol for oversimplistic shonen/josei anime, I gave this a lower score than DBZ, which I honestly never thought would happen. What's even more of a disappointment is that it took me a year to finish this anime, as I've only watched it once per week, when time permitted. I wish I could delete my copy, but I downloaded it early on, and defragging the 2 TB hard drive that it's on at this point in time will be a huge bitch.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
The manga for Soul Eater is, in my opinion, better than the anime. :P

Posted Image

mercer1028

mercer1028

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • 0 thanks

The manga for Soul Eater is, in my opinion, better than the anime. :P

Are the endings different?

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

Are the endings different?

Episodes 39-End of the Soul Eater anime were anime-original episodes.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

wanted45

wanted45

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 87 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • Local time: 11:34 PM

My all time biggest let down is Air Gear. Even though the manga is still alive. Why would they not continue to make the anime. It was like one of the greatest anime's out there. Also the same goes for Get Backers.

I 100% agree with you. Those two animes were really good. Well now that I have a clear memory, I'll list out the shows that have disapointed me the most:

1. School Days
2. Nana
3. Princess lover (I don't know why did I bother downloading it)
4. My Otome (extremely poor and one of the examples of over rated animes)
5. Shattered Angels (This one doesn't need an explaination)
6. Kissxsis (Immediately removed from External HD after watching first episode)
7. Toaru Majutsu no Index (Poor characters especially the girls)
8. They are my noble servants (What the heck did I watched. Fuckin over-rated show. Damn those otakus and their lust for harem)
9. Tower of Druaga (Second season was really disappointing, especially the ending)
10. Highschool of the dead (It was more about boobs than zombies)

These are all the shows that I can remember.
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Nana??!! I thought it was very good! I also enjoyed Princess Lover but, it was for from the best stuff around.

Posted Image

Kagejin

Kagejin

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:34 PM
I liked Nana too, maybe you are not a fan of dramas ?
I just finished watching Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu and actually I liked it but the ending was quite a disappointment.
Would be great if there was a second season. Queens Blade is probably the only anime I dropped after watching the first episode...soo bad
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
I could not watch Kanamemo, I was hoping it be similar to Azumanga Daioh but was shocked at how poor it was. Overly moe charters, and some very sus lesbian pedophilia themes. The latter was suppose to be a comedic aspect of the show, female protagonist middle school being funnily molested (felt up and sexual dialog etc) by older female side character.

Posted Image

wanted45

wanted45

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 87 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • Local time: 11:34 PM

Nana??!! I thought it was very good! I also enjoyed Princess Lover but, it was for from the best stuff around.

I stated the reason for not liking in Nana thread that was created some time ago:
"Hmmm... I suppose many people really liked this series but personally i felt that it was over dramatic with pointless break ups and poor pairing(except one), not to mention the other nana (not the singer) was so so annoying throughout the series." I think the word Slut explains her character better.

I liked Nana too, maybe you are not a fan of dramas ?

It's not that I don't like dramas, its just that in order to create a more emotional atmosphere the Japanese authors always go over board with their stories to the point it gets so boring and predictable.

Queens Blade is probably the only anime I dropped after watching the first episode...soo bad

I didn't drop queen's blade because I was so annoyed to see a lot and I mean A LOT of animes based on Harem or Romance theme. I would personally rather watch a romantic Hollywood or asian movies than watch a romantic anime. But that's just my preference.
Posted Image

Kagejin

Kagejin

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks

It's not that I don't like dramas, its just that in order to create a more emotional atmosphere the Japanese authors always go over board with their stories to the point it gets so boring and predictable.

I can understand, it was sometimes overly dramatic and cliché nevertheless I enjoyed it.
By the way, if I think about it, you're right about the other Nana.
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
The relationships, couples, etc were suppose to be unmatched. It was suppose reflect how people often date those not suited for them etc. It was suppose to be a slice of the other side of realism commonly not seen in general characterization. Though, I do agree there was a lot of unnecessary drama!

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Mirai Nikki was highly disappointing.

It had potential, but it just fell flat -- practically everything was shallow and uninteresting. Bleh.

Posted Image

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLithuania

Mirai Nikki was highly disappointing.

It had potential, but it just fell flat -- practically everything was shallow and uninteresting. Bleh.

I think it was a good show. I just wonder how can you not enjoy show with Yuno? She is the most perfect psychopathic craziest sexiest protagonist of all times. You just have to love her! I do :blushing: .

P.S. Well, she is one of my many loves in anime world. Just to be clear. :lol:

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
I did not have very high expectations for it, so it was not a disappointment. It was not particularly bad either, enjoyed the crazy bitch...but not love her. You have odd taste dudefromLT!

Posted Image

Kagejin

Kagejin

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks
I watched Mirai Nikki too, but didn't expect much therefore it was enjoyable and the crazy bitch was nice ;)
Posted Image

dudefromLT

dudefromLT

Cardcaptor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLithuania

I did not have very high expectations for it, so it was not a disappointment. It was not particularly bad either, enjoyed the crazy bitch...but not love her. You have odd taste dudefromLT!

Yes I do. As I'm very calm and loving peace person in real life, I kinda have some strange fetish in anime world. One of them is sexy bloody crazy b***** :w00t: . Another... those sexy bloody crazy b***** killing :2guns: everyone around them. Third one... Well, that one more related to hentai area :w00t: , so I won't mention that. But that doesn't mean that I dislike beautiful things. For example: "Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day" :thumbup: is one of them. Yuki Nagato :wub: is another one.

So as you can see, my spectrum of things I like in Anime is wide.

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 07:34 PM
  • LocationUK
Well, another recent disappointment for me: Cat Planet Cuties.

Pretty sure the only reason that was made was to draw some girls with cat ears and tails... Wasn't very funny and the story was just crap (although I was never really expecting much from the story).

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users