Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What show has disappointed you the most?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

Neutron_Collapse

Neutron_Collapse

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:44 PM
  • LocationCanada
I think the biggest let down for me was Strawberry Panic!, one of my first steps into the Yuri genre in terms of anime. To make things short, it tried to do too much, too many characters, and I couldn't feel for the characters. The worst part on how the series ended which annoyed the hell out of me for like a week. I think I gave it a 2/10 according to the rating scale at my MAL.

As for non-anime, I guess it would have to be Terra Nova. The disappointment wasn't as huge as I thought it would be after watching the finale of it but I still don't have big hopes for it.

But then I found the Candy Boy OVA and loooved it (I know its off topic, but can anyone recommend any good yuri/yaoi anime series? PMs are welcomed as well. There is Sekaiichi Hatsukoi and I did enjoy the first episode of the OVA of it, planning on watching the rest of it as well as the series and reading the manga.)
Posted Image

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:44 PM

I also finished watching cowbow bebop and thought this anime was very average and could not understand why it had such a large fanbase.

Same here. One of the first I watched since I went down the top 10 list. Maybe it was too western and I was expecting new experiences as I first started to watch anime.

I was somewhat disappointed with the second season of Haruhi. I loved the first so much. The trolling did me in.

I used to force myself to watch a series to the end. Some were worth it, most not. But eventually I just drop them whenever it starts getting bad or going nowhere. So I don't have many on my list other than a tons of incompletes.

oh, but like to add any series in which the male protagonist doesn't have a pair, and never grows any through the end.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

oh, but like to add any series in which the male protagonist doesn't have a pair, and never grows any through the end.

Like Guilty Crown? >.<

Posted Image

wanted45

wanted45

ES Force

• Inactive Member
  • 87 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • Local time: 03:44 AM
I prefer to only watch those that have good ratings and recommendations so as to avoid wastage of time and space. But inspite of that shows which have disappointed me the most includes Bleach, Mai Otome and theres one another which i don't remember.
Posted Image

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:44 PM

That's most of the anime in the last decade afaik. :P

Which is probably why I seem to enjoy shows with female protagonists a lot more nowadays.

Posted Image

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks

That's most of the anime in the last decade afaik. :P

Which is probably why I seem to enjoy shows with female protagonists a lot more nowadays.

Sadly, so true :(

In Anime, women are men and the men are *******. One Shinji is enough for the world.

Haven't watched Guilty Crown, But I'll take your word on it.

As for Mai Otome, now Mai Hime had a WTF ending.

Shima

Shima

Mangaka

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:14 AM
  • LocationIndia
I'm with CMan on this one; I haven't had any major disappointments because I don't start watching a show with any expectations.
Some minors let downs I can remember are:

Angel Beats!
With the initial few episodes, I thought they'd explore the whole 'Is there a God or not?' aspect, not that I didn't enjoy it as it was.

Loups=Garous
It initially seemed like a decent murder mystery, until it shifted in the slice of life genre.

Soul Eater
Considering the length of the anime, I don't think it would be unrealistic to expect complete closure and a more sensible ending, especially since it was going perfectly fine until the last four or five episodes.

Gilgamesh
The final episode just made whatever had happened during the entire anime completely pointless.

Eden of the EastI: Paradise Lost
Again, considering how amazing the anime and the first film were, I was expecting a much better conclusion.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
The post credit clip at the end of the final episode was unnecessary and left an awful after taste.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 04:44 PM

Soul Eater
Considering the length of the anime, I don't think it would be unrealistic to expect complete closure and a more sensible ending, especially since it was going perfectly fine until the last four or five episodes.

You mean 13. Episodes 38-51 was filler. :'(

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Stsin

Stsin

Mushi

• Inactive Member
  • 139 posts
  • 0 thanks
Many people complain about open endings, but I prefer that than using fillers in attempt to make closure. A horribly made ending gives the most lasting impression. Ruining the good work of the original author.

Shima

Shima

Mangaka

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:14 AM
  • LocationIndia
I don't really mind the anime producers straying from the original author's work, so long as they can keep the plot coherent.
For example, I enjoyed both seasons of GITS immensely, despite the fact that they were only loosely based on the manga.

What I do mind is a rushed ending, as though they realised they had to wrap the show up when there were only two episodes left. Oddly, I see this happen most often in ecchi/action anime adapted from ongoing manga (Demon King Daimau, both seasons of Sekirei and Hyakka Ryouran, for example).

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:44 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
All fillers!!!

Posted Image

chicken604

chicken604

Genin

• Inactive Member
  • 67 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:44 PM
Requiem of the Phantom's ending. I hated it so much. I went "WTF!???"

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Requiem of the Phantom's ending. I hated it so much. I went "WTF!???"

I didn't like the last arc as a whole, to be honest, but I agree - that little blurb at the end was so unnecessary.

Posted Image

Hark0n

Hark0n

Meitantei

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:44 AM
  • LocationLatvia
Considering slow degrading in anime plot department, I have started not to expect much of them - less disappointed.

As for the greatest disappointed, it would be Shikabane Hime Aka. Main reason for it is my own fault - after reading few first chapters of manga, I expected some good action and non-default story. I was so wrong to hope that. Anime was nothing like manga and so I dropped it after completing 2 episodes.

Second place earns D.Gray-Man. After 103 episodes it ended without solving anything. I was leaved only with hight hopes and unanswered questions. On top of that, I haven't heard anything about new season :( .

Valkexia

Valkexia

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Inactive Member
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:44 AM
Senjou no Valkyria is the most disappointing for me. I liked the show a lot until episode 18. Everything after that is disappointing for me.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Senjou no Valkyria is the most disappointing for me. I liked the show a lot until episode 18. Everything after that is disappointing for me.

I didn't mind it too much, since I beat the game first. ;)

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:44 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
I enjoyed Senjou no Valkyria, but i had no expectations for it, nor played the game.

Posted Image

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • LocationUSA, IL
Gurren Lagann Kamina Dies. I was pissed.

Also even more of a let down, the biggest let down ever is how they ended Rurouni Kenshin. After Shishio dies, the remaining episodes mostly go to shit. Heres a great idea lets add in Christianity and Nazi's

Beauty.jpg

Favorite Anime in Order: Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, DBZ Franchise, G Gundam, Outlaw Star, Maison Ikkoku, One Piece, GTO, Blue Exorcist, Air Gear, Attack on Titian, Rurouni Kenshin, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Magi, Get Backers, Fullmetal Alchemist, Street Fighter II V, Gundam Wing, Trinity Blood, S-CRY-ed, Golden Boy, Salary Man Kintaro, Crying Freeman, Fairy Tail, Tenchi Muyo OVA's, Trigun, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Blue Gender, Claymore, Baki the Grappler, Samurai Champloo, Ping Pong Club, Kyo Kara Maoh, My Bride is a Mermaid, Hajime no ippo, Black Lion, Gurren Lagann, High School of the Dead, Hellsing, Toriko, Fist of the North Star, Slam Dunk, Bleach, Desert Punk, Blood Lad, Ushio & Tora, Space Dandy, Btooom, Inital D, Lupin the III, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Afro Samurai, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai 7, Blood +, Kenichi, Case Closed, Cyborg 009, Chrome Shelled Regios, School Rumble, Inuyasha, Baka and Test

MysterySword

MysterySword

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 260 posts
  • 395 thanks
  • Local time: 06:44 PM
  • LocationFlagship Brunhilde
I generally don't watch animes with lower ratings. My standards are set pretty high.

However, I jumped the gun with the new Last Exile series. It's boring as hell, and they didn't change much from the original series (that seems to be a theme with anime). I saw 4 eps, and I tried to watch the 5th, but enough was enough. No sense of direction, no character depth.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

I generally don't watch animes with lower ratings. My standards are set pretty high.

Problem with that is, ratings lie. Especially with sites like MAL where accounts are spammed to fake ratings. Gintama got below a 7/10 and they had a massive 20k accounts created simply rating it 10/10 to knock it back into first. MAL said they were working on clearly out said accounts and trying to prevent that from continuously happening.. but they haven't stopped it.

A lot of the really good stuff gets buried because n00bs rate popular shit greatly and never see the less popular shit.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users