Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What show has disappointed you the most?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 06:01 PM

Difference in opinion I suppose. I would still recommend the series to someone. I just get really attached to characters, so that one thing pretty much killed the series for me. The same thing happened when I watched School Days because of what happened to Sekai.

Interesting. I got mad because of what happened to Kotonoha. I liked Sekai, but she did basically start all of the problems through her actions.

crazydart

crazydart

創造者

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:01 PM
  • LocationCalifornia
True, but she still grew on me. You cant entirely blame her. Its Makoto's fault for being a dick, and sleeping with like twenty chicks. Kotonoha was insane...well I guess both of them were insane, but I think Kotonoha was quite a bit more over the edge. lol.

Posted Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

True, but she still grew on me. You cant entirely blame her. Its Makoto's fault for being a dick, and sleeping with like twenty chicks. Kotonoha was insane...well I guess both of them were insane, but I think Kotonoha was quite a bit more over the edge. lol.

Makoto's dickishness was pretty epically large. Kotonoha being insane I agree with, but I think she was just slowly driven mad over time by everyone treating her like dirt. Sekai though. THERE'S some weapons-grade crazy.

crazydart

crazydart

創造者

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCalifornia
yeah, I dont know it's kinda hard to drive somebody to be that crazy. Sekai just had her plan super backkfire on her, but yeah I guess Sekai was pretty crazy too. I still like her though. (^ ^)

Posted Image

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:01 AM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
How has nobody mentioned Neon Genesis Evangelion? Biggest disappointment for me, and it did it to me twice. Hype around a show tends to make me even more weary of it, so I went into Evangelion thoroughly skeptical. Over the course of the series though it had managed to slowly turn my opinion, and by the lead up to the finale I was firmly rooting for it. Then there were the originally aired final two episodes of the series... oh dear. I didn't begrudge them though, budget issues are a reality, and I had End of Evangelion there with me, so I could watch the true ending as Anno had properly intended it... Oh dear oh dear oh dear. That was possibly an even bigger let down than the absurd self-help seminar that was the original ending. I know some people love it, and fair enough, to each their own and all that, but I thought it was incoherent and obtuse and needlessly depressing and cheap and a lot of other mean words.
Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:01 AM
I went into that series many years ago with little anime experience. If I watched it now...

Posted Image

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 12:01 AM
  • LocationUK
Cant really think of too many disappointments from over the years. Recently, though, I would say Rosario + Vampire has been quite the let down. From the description it sounded like it would be pretty damn funny and the suchlike, unfortunately (am currently at episode 8) it has just been monster of the week with a bit of random BS thrown in to pad it out. I don't like it when I can predict every little thing that is about to happen.

What time is it? It's stupid vampite transformation BS with dodgy narrator time.....yaaaaaay. >.>

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
To be honest, Will, I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion about three years ago (so way past its prime), and I still managed to enjoy it. That said, I knew what I was getting into (what with the original ending, the ever-dropping production values, etc), so maybe that had a hand in my enjoyment. It's also worth mentioning that I watched the director's cut editions of 22-24, and after finishing the series - I watched End of Evangelion. Shortly thereafter, I watched the first two movies of the Rebuild of Evangelion series, and was rather pleased with how things turned out. As a result, I look back on the franchise fondly, even if the original hasn't aged overly well.

Posted Image

crazydart

crazydart

創造者

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCalifornia
hahaha. This is really random, but I've been wanting to say this for a while now. Everytime I read your first post, QifutuWahuta, and especially this part...

Needless to say I detest the show with every fiber of my being. :realmad:

I hear Aziz Ansari, the comedian in Parks and Recreation and 30 Min. or Less, saying it in my head. Probably because I've been watching his comedy central special quite a bit lately. lol

Posted Image

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

hahaha. This is really random, but I've been wanting to say this for a while now. Everytime I read your first post, QifutuWahuta, and especially this part...

I hear Aziz Ansari, the comedian in Parks and Recreation and 30 Min. or Less, saying it in my head. Probably because I've been watching his comedy central special quite a bit lately. lol

He's in Parks and Recreation? I NEED TO WATCH THAT. He was hilarious in 30 Minutes or Less!

crazydart

crazydart

創造者

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCalifornia
Yeah, he plays Tom. You definitely need to watch it. It's quite funny

Posted Image

Will

Will

Rurouni

• VIP
  • 319 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:01 AM
Don't get me wrong Stab, I did enjoy Evangelion for the most part, and I think it deserves the legendary position it holds in the anime world, if only as a polemic. The fact that I was enjoying it so much is exactly why I was so disappointed by the endings. I knew about the budget issues going into it, I think I only watched it a year or two ago, and I also saw the director's cut of 21-24, and I also watched End of Evangelion immediately after finishing the series. I just thought the series ending wasn't really an ending, it was just a self-help seminar, and I hated End of Evangelion, I know lots of people love it and that is perfectly fine, but to me it mean-spiritedly destroyed everything the series felt like it was working up to, and that's why it's by far the biggest disappointment I've ever encountered.

As for rebuild of Evangelion, if it's confirmed that it is actually a sequel, not a reboot, then I'll probably force myself to watch it, but if not I simply can't be bothered to watch the third freaking iteration of the same show. As I said though, it's not that I don't think Evangelion is a worthwhile series and all the rest overall, it's just that the endings really were a sucker punch to the gut for me.
Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

As for rebuild of Evangelion, if it's confirmed that it is actually a sequel, not a reboot, then I'll probably force myself to watch it, but if not I simply can't be bothered to watch the third freaking iteration of the same show. As I said though, it's not that I don't think Evangelion is a worthwhile series and all the rest overall, it's just that the endings really were a sucker punch to the gut for me.

I, personally, believe the Rebuild to be a direct sequel of the End of Evangelion, but we'll have to wait and see. ^_^

I do love what they've done with the Rebuild movies, though - the plot branched at several points, and is completely different by the end of movie two. Movies 3 and 4 are entirely new territory.

Posted Image

IZEROII

IZEROII

King of Knights

• Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Oh, I also want to add Claymore to the list. While a lot of people seem to like the anime adaptation, I cannot stand it at all. I mean, I absolutely *hate* the show, bleh.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I love Claymore. Don't get me wrong man. The ending makes me rage, they go off on a different tangant from the manga half way through the show or whenever the winter campaign starts, but still I liked it. I just really liked the fighting scenes and the music. Kinda got me hooked. No doubt not a faithful adaptation.

Death Note was not a let down for me. Don't think it is in my top 5...but it is in my top 10. It is my brother's favorite anime. Seriosuly is iphone case is Death Note themed has has Light + Death Note straps/charms which are pretty cool I might add. Although he does hate Near. And Mello just serves no purpose in that show to me. But that show got my blood and mind pumping and several oh shit moments later it sealed itself in the top 10.

Now a show that dissapointed me. Hmmmmm. You all know that I am a pretty positive/optimistic anime viewer so this is a but tough for me. I would have to agree with Zach with Queen's Blade. Watched both seasons and it is a major meh for me. Too much fanservice for me and no real meat to the story. I guess that's the major point, I don't think the story is suppose to be the highlight, obviously. That's why it's a dissapointment because the story is too too simple with no real meaningful character v character conflict. With last season, maji de watashi ni koishinasai was straight up bad with some humor.

Haven't watched School Days yet and holding out to watch the EVA movies. Have scene the original and wasn't a huge fan but the movies have really recieved a lot of praise so I'm excited to watch those and relive the story.

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
I have a Death Note wall scroll. This one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
Deathnote did not amaze me as much as people made it out to be, but it is still pretty damn good! Claymore appeared to have a rushed ending, but i still loved it!

How do you have a squeal to Evangelion? There is only two people left on Earth!

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

How do you have a squeal to Evangelion? There is only two people left on Earth!

But people are gradually coming back. I'm pretty sure the world just did a reset, but there's still evidence of what happened out in space.

Posted Image

eccon

eccon

エ コ ン

• VIP
  • 273 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Local time: 01:01 AM
  • LocationEurope

I'm pretty sure the world just did a reset, but there's still evidence of what happened out in space.

I've started to belive in the "Sequel Theory" as well, since you wrote about it in the last forum.
There are traces in "You Are (Not) Alone" from the incidents of the end :shock:
I had to read up on it first in order to see those traces, but they are really there.

To stay on topic: this will/would be a big disappointment to me as it makes the story even more complex and harder to understand.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
I see... The series is so FUBAR. I agree with you eccon, will be very disappointing if it becomes more complex.

Posted Image

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 11:01 PM
The only Animes I have every watch that I just could not finish (to memory) were blood+, ghost in the shell and excel saga, dont know what it was just something did not feel right about them and made me lose interest.

I also finished watching cowbow bebop and thought this anime was very average and could not understand why it had such a large fanbase.

A lot of people also recommend me to Evangelion, so I watched it and thought it was ok, till this day I still have no idea of what was going on with the story? if I understood it I might have enjoyed it more. I heard the movie's make the story easier to understand.

Spoiler

vOEHoGZ.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users