Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What show has disappointed you the most?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:42 AM
People often talk about what show they like the most, or what show they detest more, but my question is a bit more than that. What show disappointed you the most of all? I'm not saying whether you ended up liking or disliking it, just if you went in with high hopes and were totally let down.

For me it's a tossup between Okusama wa Joshi Kousei (My Wife is a Highschool Girl) and Tokko.

I set out to watch Okusama to find out how they ended up married, just out of curiosity. 13 episodes of endless fail and no explanation is ever given. Nevermind the whole promise to not have sex thing they constantly mention for the first 12 episodes, until the finale when it's basically "screw it, let's just have sex anyway!" negating the point of everything that happened before hand. Needless to say I detest the show with every fiber of my being. :realmad:

Tokko is a more difficult disappointment for me. I loved the concept, the action, and the characters (mostly). What disappointed me was that you reach the end of the series and nothing is actually resolved. Lots of stuff happened, revelations were had, and people died, but they just sort of end at what should have been the start of a second season to tie up all the many plot threads. I really enjoyed the show, but I was left feeling really unfulfilled. :thumbdown:

So now you! What show has been your greatest letdown?

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:42 PM
  • LocationAustralia
I say Trigun, I enjoyed the anime but the ending wasn't soo good. Same goes for Serial Lain Experiments, pretty crazy stuff but ending kinda screws up the climax of the story, felt like I wasted time watching it. Also Monster was a waste of time as well, everything was going well but the ending just made the anime pointless. There are a few more animes like that, but I don't remember the names of it.

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 02:42 AM
actually i havent had a real let down... i guess that might be because i go into watching most all my anime with no knowledge about it. but i have had a few bad endings that where let downs, like Requiem of the Phantom. but that isnt really what you asked...:hope:

crazydart

crazydart

創造者

• Inactive Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:42 PM
  • LocationCalifornia
hmmm. I'm more of with Cman on this. I don't really go into an anime expecting much because I go into the series not knowing much about it, but I suppose it would be... Love Hina...maybe? I read the manga, and loved it, as I enjoy most of Akamatsu-sensei's work, so I guess you could say I was disappointed when the series pretty much cut off in the middle. I know they wrapped it up with a few OVAs, but they still skipped shitloads. Even then I'm not entirely sure I was disappointed. It was more like "meh, that sucks", and then moved on to the next series on my list.

Posted Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Ero Penguin

Ero Penguin

Mushi

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:42 PM
Has to be Guilty Crown. Considering the people behind the show, I had really high hopes but this show really let me down.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
Soul Eater seems to be the first that springs to mind on the subject. That show was epicly awesome... until it went into a full filler anime-original storyline and ending around episode 38 through the end.

Really pretty much any series that ends without an actual ending or ends on a filler note tend to be disappointments.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

Soul Eater seems to be the first that springs to mind on the subject. That show was epicly awesome... until it went into a full filler anime-original storyline and ending around episode 38 through the end.

Really pretty much any series that ends without an actual ending or ends on a filler note tend to be disappointments.

Not necessarily, an open-ended ending can be done well. I'm too sleepy to make an example, but there are some like that.

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:42 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Queens Blade. I wanted good sexy boobness but I got really really shit sexy boobness. I was not expecting Clannad of course, i went into it knowing the kind of quality, that Will would undoubly despise; lack a strong story, be a total fanservice and have nothing unique about it. I guess I was expecting something like an adult version of stike witches (only was watching it recently). However it ended up being my mosted loathed series of all time!

Posted Image

pinny

pinny

Cardcaptor

• VIP
  • 333 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:42 AM
Bleach.
The beginning was totally awesome. I remember the excitement in waiting every week to see the latest ep asap.
After that it only got poorer and poorer in both story and animation. I skipped most of the fillers. Eventually I got as far as ep280, but the ending to that arc was just sooooo awful. I was so disappointed in it that I dropped it right away. <_<

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
A lot of the big ones have been name already. I'm also rather surprised to see that nobody has named School Days. :P

I personally was disappointed by the original Hellsing, though the OVAs definitely make up for that blunder. The last two-thirds of Highschool of the Dead was also terrible, even if the show had a great start.

As for Bleach, well... I still watch it (and read the manga) on a weekly basis, so maybe I'm a glutton for punishment. It did definitely have a number of quality drops, both story-wise and visually, but I still like the show enough to watch it.:D

Posted Image

QifutuWahuta

QifutuWahuta

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks

A lot of the big ones have been name already. I'm also rather surprised to see that nobody has named School Days. :P

I personally was disappointed by the original Hellsing, though the OVAs definitely make up for that blunder. The last two-thirds of Highschool of the Dead was also terrible, even if the show had a great start.

As for Bleach, well... I still watch it (and read the manga) on a weekly basis, so maybe I'm a glutton for punishment. It did definitely have a number of quality drops, both story-wise and visually, but I still like the show enough to watch it. :D

I could never be mad at School Days. I watched it solely to see that ending, but I ended up really enjoying it. I can't wait for JASTUSA to release the game in America, I really really want to play it.

Mallory

Mallory

Keyblade Wielder

• Administrators
  • 290 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:42 AM
Hmmm, maybe Escaflowne? I love the anime but the ending was just awful to me. I wanted them to be together and they were just like 'alright well going back to my own time now!' and then it was over. :( Although, I heard the ending in the movie they did was different some maybe I should go watch that.

Also, Blood-C was a huge letdown for me. I ADORE CLAMP and everything they've come out with I try to watch (still working on that lol) so I had high hopes for this anime before it even came out....and it was AWFUL. It didn't finally get any good till the very end when things finally started making sense. I'm not sure but I guess maybe that was what they were intending? Anywho, I wasn't happy. ;P

Posted Image

"One Sky, One Destiny"

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Oh, I also want to add Claymore to the list. While a lot of people seem to like the anime adaptation, I cannot stand it at all. I mean, I absolutely *hate* the show, bleh.

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

Not necessarily, an open-ended ending can be done well. I'm too sleepy to make an example, but there are some like that.

I didn't really mean it that way, sorry I've been sick the past few days and running fever.
I mostly meant shows that are left open-ended despite the source material not being so. Such as Claymore, Zatch Bell, Air Gear, Spiral, Tokko, Gantz... etc.

I spent 25 episodes of Spiral waiting and curious as f**k as to what the hell the blade children were and why we should care about it.. only for it to end without ever concluding a single thread of anything.

In Zatch Bell I watched 150 episodes to see who would become the Momodo king.. only for it to end before it ever got to it.

Air Gear there was 25 episodes and then a few years later a 3 episode OVA but even then it doesn't ever get to the whole point of the story.. which is Ikki challenging the Sky Kings.

I could list several more series that fall into this category... but I don't feel like it.

Though despite how they ended these... I still enjoyed them.

On that note, I hope they pick up D.Gray-man again soon.

I'm also rather surprised to see that nobody has named School Days. :P

I actually enjoyed this show and it's total out there wtf style ending.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:42 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia
Yeah it was not too bad, I enjoyed it though would not call it a favourite.

Posted Image

Daz

Daz

Genin

• Inactive Member
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationEarth
Death Note. heard so much good stuff about it, then i watched it... and i hated it. should have called it Plot Armor: The Series

crazydart

crazydart

創造者

• Inactive Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCalifornia

Death Note. heard so much good stuff about it, then i watched it... and i hated it.

I severely disliked this series too. It was okay up until
Spoiler
then I was like fuck this stupid anime. (>A<)

That being said it didn't disappoint me...more like super pissed me off. lol.

Posted Image

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Death Note. heard so much good stuff about it, then i watched it... and i hated it. should have called it Plot Armor: The Series

I loved the show up till episode 27 or 28... that stuff about Near and Mello was pretty terribad. But I really enjoyed the rest.

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
I enjoyed every bit of Death Note. It's in my top 10 series. xD

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

crazydart

crazydart

創造者

• Inactive Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCalifornia
Difference in opinion I suppose. I would still recommend the series to someone. I just get really attached to characters, so that one thing pretty much killed the series for me. The same thing happened when I watched School Days because of what happened to Sekai.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users