Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What is the source to the joseole99 release of 'Cardcaptors'?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

AshleyAshes

AshleyAshes

Tsundere

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 10:26 AM

Yeah, I'm sure this is an oddball first post.  Anyway. high, I found a torrent of all 70 eps of the Nelvana dub of Card Captor Sakura 'Cardcaptors', since it was all 70 eps we're pretty sure it's the AU/NZ version which had much less change than the cut and episode order/count that Nelvana used in North America.  This appears to be a fairly old rip being XviD and MP3 audio in an AVI container but still, it's the best version we're found.

Some of us are trying to figure out the actual SOURCE for this release and if any higher quality versions that these AVIs were transcoded from for the purposes of preservation.  As far as we've determined there was never a disc release of all 70 episodes.  Madman had started one in about 2010 but on Twitter they told us they cancelled the release after 15 eps and 4 discs.  (Only the 'Cardcaptors' version, they continued to release 'Card Captor Sakura')  I realize that joseole99 doesn't even have an account here in this forums current incarnation but this site seemed to once relate to his work and I'm trying to follow whatever leads that exist.

If anyone has any information it'd be appreciated.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,439 posts
  • 257 thanks
  • Local time: 09:26 AM

http://asiandvdclub.org would be my best guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users