Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Windows 10 worth it?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Local time: 02:59 PM

I'm still on windows 7, been seeing a lot of privacy's concerns for windows 10, just wanted to know if people have upgraded them selfs or if people thinks it even worth it upgradeing? I know there ways to get ride of most/all of the privacy problems but not sure if it removes all.

vOEHoGZ.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 09:59 AM
well those concerns aside, as it is seemingly impossible to not be tracked in some manner when you are connected to the interwebs, windows 10 has been a solid performer for me. (minus small mundane personal preferences) i upgraded my machine day 1 to windows 10 as my win 7 was just about to delete itself it had degraded that badly. overall i like it and dont regret upgrading.

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks
Does the "small mundane personal preferences" = start10? I use programs such as disaplyfusion currently on windows 7 to give my second monitor a start menu / bar, im pretty sure that works on 10.
vOEHoGZ.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
windows 10 automagically gave me a start bar for the second monitor... kinda one of those mundane things, as it messed with sizing/moving windows around both screens. so i moved the second one off to the side out of the way and its much better.

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks

Upgraded to windows 10 now, two things are really annoying me:

1. Firefox seems to render sites differently, especially when you snap them to the right or left of the screen.

2. I normaly play games on boarderless window mode, on windows 7 when I clicked anywhere on my second screen it would show the windows tasksbar on my main screen, going over the top of the game. Now on windows 10 the only way to get the taskbar to show over the game is to click on the desktop on the second screen or press windows key, I want it so when I click anywhere off the borderless window game, it shows the taskbar.

I could probably live with no.1 but with no.2 I am so used to it, it becomeing very annoying, I know that some people may think it better the way it is but it so annoying like if i'm playing a game boarderless window, then I open up firefox on my second screen then move it to my main screen so i can read something on the internet easier and it snaps to the screen but I still have an invisible taskbar.

j71lP19.png

vOEHoGZ.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks
don't use 1 so can not help there.

as for the second, why do you want the taskbar to show up on the main screen when you already have it on your second? but i will note that with chrome when i click on if from a borderless windowed game the taskbar does show up on my main screen.

solution to all your problems, Chrome! ^_^

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks

Yer i treid it, chrome does the same thing for me, prehaps it to do with the game and not a os problem. it wierd it dont do it for you.

vOEHoGZ.jpg

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 03:59 PM
  • LocationUK

Windows 10 has been pretty good for me. My only issues are small things like the start menu being a bit crap and it referring to my PROGRAMS as APPS.

It also seems a bit slower than Win 7 when starting up and shutting down and I want my Aero back.

I do like the extra task bar on multi-screen and the fact that the screens dont reinitialise and stuff when turning other monitors on/off is good too.

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:59 PM
  • LocationUK

Chaos. Ever since DX11 for FF even if you play the game fullscreen it doesnt minimize it... but its not just FF.

I have gotten used to just using the WIN key though, i mean, im already playing a game with mouse and keyboard so just a little press away.

Also 20mil gil.. give meh some..

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

ローレンス

• Moderators
  • 951 posts
  • 2 thanks

Chaos. Ever since DX11 for FF even if you play the game fullscreen it doesnt minimize it... but its not just FF.

I have gotten used to just using the WIN key though, i mean, im already playing a game with mouse and keyboard so just a little press away.

Also 20mil gil.. give meh some..

Very late delay to this thread but I'm use to it now :). Very happy with upgradeing to windows 10. Nooooooooo! it all mine :P

vOEHoGZ.jpg

x264

x264

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:29 PM
  • Locationالجحيم

I use windows 10 daily. Its a good OS. :)

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 08:59 AM

I jumped to Win10 in March. Already had to reinstall fresh 2 additional times from bad automated updates crashing the OS and rendering it unable to boot. Now I get BSOD / freezing due to incompatible drivers with something, but all the drivers are updated. Either way as it currently is, I can't do any video encoding and even on microsoft help pages, I'm being recommended to downgrade to Win7 which solves the issues for everyone else as it's apparently a fairly frequent issue.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,432 posts
  • 255 thanks

ouch, well the only thing i have had go wrong is my user profile got corrupt somehow... created a new user and moved my files, good as new.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users