Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dragon Ball Super

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 04:01 AM

74606l.jpg
MAL

Reuniting the franchise's iconic characters, Dragon Ball Super will follow the aftermath of Goku's fierce battle with Majin Buu as he attempts to maintain earth's fragile peace.

Super ignores the ending of Z, it acts like Uub didn't exist either, and it starts 3 and a half years after the defeat of Kid Buu.

How long can this show survive on Nostalgia alone? Hope it has more to offer in future episodes but I don't have much hope. Seems Akira has run out of ideas and they're just milking the franchise since it's a cash-cow. All the new transformations are simple palette changes rather than new designs and it's pretty lackluster so far.

DB Super thus far seems to be trying to replicate the comedy of Dragon Ball rather than continue the action packed Z story.

From what I've read; DB Super will be 100 episodes and the first half will just be an alternate retelling of Movies 14 and 15. So we'll essentially have to wade through 50 episodes of filler-ish comedy fluff and rehashed plot before we get to anything substantially new and then it'd already be half over.

It seems like they're making characters weaker. Vegeta is exhausted from just a little bit of what should be considered light training for him. Goku is acting like he has a hard time pulling some weights that should be a cake walk for even most of the weaker spectrum of the cast. Beerus is overall a shitty character. Why does Mr. Satan suddenly look as dark as a Mexican? It's been no action and all silly mind-numbingly stupid thus far and seems to be jumping all over the place like it doesn't know what it wants to do. Really poor story telling.

Currently rating this show a 2/10.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,430 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 05:01 AM
how is this show not dead?!?!

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

how is this show not dead?!?!

Apparently DB fans will watch anything...

Movie 14 was to judge if it was worth it. It did well enough they made Movie 15... and now Super.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,430 posts
  • 255 thanks

-_____-

Megagold5

Megagold5

Cardcaptor

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Local time: 10:01 AM
  • LocationUK

Waiting for a dub. Japanese Goku makes the whole show unwatchable.

I could be wating a while.

megagold5.jpg

megagold5.png

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

Episode 5 was ridiculous with it's terrible artwork.

qNrtPzj.jpg

SI13eva.jpg

Wow, talk about shitty animation. One can only hope they fix that for the BD, but I doubt it. This is Toei after all. They had two weeks per episode of Sailor Moon Crystal and still couldn't color in the lines.

YP6Vxjn.jpg

Look at that blue hair.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,430 posts
  • 255 thanks

im sry but i think this actually beats trash DBS http://www.breatheca...er-video-30379/

Vash1306

Vash1306

Tsundere

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

Really disappointed with the series so far. With animation quality and rethreading through battle of gods.

x264

x264

ES Force

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 02:31 PM
  • Locationالجحيم

This show is really bad. Worst animation ever!

Posted Image

Odoakr

Odoakr

Tsundere

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 11:01 AM
  • LocationBursa

Waiting for a dub. Japanese Goku makes the whole show unwatchable.

I could be wating a while.

English dub is stupid i prefer japanese, go watch DBZ with english dub and see how awfull its!!!

Posted Image

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

English dub is stupid i prefer japanese, go watch DBZ with english dub and see how awfull its!!!

> Comes to a community centered around dub fans. Shits on dub.

Cool.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,430 posts
  • 255 thanks
rofl

bugmenot

bugmenot

Tsundere

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Is a whole episode to recruit each person for tournament of power really necessary? I feel like this is only to milk the series from nostalgia.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks

Is a whole episode to recruit each person for tournament of power really necessary? I feel like this is only to milk the series from nostalgia.

It's typical dragon ball filler fanfare between arcs. So far it's happened after every arc in Super.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

It's typical dragon ball filler fanfare between arcs. So far it's happened after every arc in Super.

Yeah was hoping for more meat and less potatoes, kinda like Kai but IDM.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users