Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What app have you used to read manga?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

xingamanda

xingamanda

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 12:38 AM
What app have you used to read manga?
Recently i want to read manga with my android phone,not on pc.
I searched it ,find "ZingBox", but i don't know what about it.
I ATTACH the picture file.

what do you think about Zingbox?  Can you recommand me some to choose?

Attached Files

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:38 AM
  • LocationUnited States

I've only read like 1 or 2 comics on my phone (Not manga). I used the Perfect Viewer app. Lots of navigation and customization. Once i got it setup how i liked, it worked very well.

However, last November i started reading manga. But instead of using my PC or Phone, i use my Kindle Paperwhite. I download the .jpg/.png and run it through a program called MangAI. It trims out excess white space and optimizes it for use on a kindle (Has profiles for tablets/phones as well). It's not free but it does have a 1 month trial. Barely a week into my trial i loved it enough to pay the one-time 10$ license fee. I'm a big fan of one-time fee's, and it was definitely the 3rd best one-time software i've ever bought (The first being mIRC followed by stardock fences).

As for ZingBox, can't say i've ever heard of it so i have nothing to say about it.

Posted Image

cjmiles

cjmiles

Tsundere

• Inactive Member
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

I thought the most authority manga reader app is Manga Rock. But ad is annoying, and the no-ad version is not free.

As for ZingBox, sorry for not knowing that. If it's free for no-ad, then I will have a try.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia

I use a program called Chrome + Googling.... LEL

Well I haven't read from a manga app since forever now.

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 12:38 PM

well apps are typically used on phones... so i assume the main point here is what to use on a cellphone instead of a desktop.

Koby

Koby

Beyond the Grave

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,195 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • Local time: 11:38 AM
This seems like a spambot to me honestly.
Second post, advertising an app similar to the users name, with poor English grammar.

Z0SZ1y4.jpg
Social Networks: [Facebook] [Twitter] [MyAnimeList] [MALgraph] [Steam] [Trakt.tv]
You bastards You stole my sisters horn and stole my reason to live, but that wasnt enough?

Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?!

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,431 posts
  • 255 thanks
  • Local time: 12:38 PM

it is, but it drummed up actual conversation so i let it stay. the other topic it made i deleted.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 704 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationAustralia

well apps are typically used on phones... so i assume the main point here is what to use on a cellphone instead of a desktop.

Chrome exists on mobile devices as well. I find that all the manga app readers aren't that good anymore, they are a few years behind in terms of design and ease of use, compared to other apps which exists today. I believe this is mostly due to the fact Google Play Store banning them off the market a few years back, so people don't bother with making Manga apps.

Though you do have comic readers, which is probably better if you're downloading directly from the scanlators.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users