Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is there a lang code for...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Parapraxis

Parapraxis

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:51 AM

Is there a 3 letter language code for eng signs/songs subtitle tracks?

If not..why not?

I think coding the sign/song subtitle tracks to have a selection code for Haali or LAV splitter would be awesome.

sng or something would be great.

I almost always watch dual audio, with english audio selected, and have to manually select the sign/song sub tracks when they are available...it's a pain in the arse.

Parapraxis.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Local time: 08:51 AM
  • LocationMichigan, USA
There's a language descriptor for subtitle tracks just like there is for audio (eng/jpn/etc).

You can also set your player to prioritize certain languages for both audio and subtitles.

Posted Image

Parapraxis

Parapraxis

Team Dai-Gurren Soldier

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks

I meant. If there are sign/song tracks I want them to play, if not I don't want subs.
If is set to "eng", subtitles will play no matter what.

A separate code for eng sing/song subtitle tracks is what I think would be a good idea.
I know all of the various functions, options.
Just always wondered why groups never established a standard for eng audio + sings/songs pairing.

Parapraxis.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

13ack.Stab

13ack.Stab

Assassin

• Administrators
  • 1,719 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Not as far as I know, no -- but you can always just remux the files yourself to your liking.

Just always wondered why groups never established a standard for eng audio + sings/songs pairing.

Because fansub groups have no control over the development of any of the technologies they make use of and, even if that weren't the case, the whole community is far too chaotic and disorganized to either create or adhere to any such standard.

Posted Image

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • LocationGreat White North
This is why many encoders tag Signs & Songs with English (for use with the English audio), and the full subs with Japanese (for use with the Japanese tracks). This way you can setup your codecs to default to the one of your choice, along with a default choice for audio.

Technically this is an incorrect use of the tags, but so what? The designers of the standard didn't have the foresight to predict the desire for multiple choices within the same language, so the encoders implemented their own system using what was available to them. Now if only we could get ALL encoders to follow this method! ;)
ztor6.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,439 posts
  • 257 thanks
i know OZC does some really crazy meta tagging to get around this issue with multiple tracks within the same language. but the technicals behind it is quite confusing and it isnt the easiest thing to do when making the release. http://www.ozc-anime...nday-11711.html

Lastly, time for a new feature for the episode releases, rolling out with Zegapain. For a long time, people have been asking, pleading, bitching, and all kinds of other ways to describe the requests for the Full Subs track to be tagged as Japanese in order to allow them to auto-load when your splitter is configured to do so. Call it OCD, call it being stubborn, call it me being a prick that finds the complaints funny. Call it whatever you want, but the fact is, I didn't change it, as Qriist's post from last week mentioned. So, why am I bringing this up? Am I changing it after all?

Well, no. Not exactly. For a long time, I've wanted the ability to link a particular audio track and it's subtitle counterpart together so that when one is selected, the other is selected automatically. Well, as it turns out, this IS possible. After Arysse sent me a link describing that it was possible, I tinkered with it and finally got it working. The way this works is via tracksets. Basically, an XML file is added that tells the MKV to link Audio A with Subtitle B and mark it as a particular language. It does this regardless of the language ID flag set on the actual track itself. Through this, I get to keep tagging the files the way I always have while linking the audio and sub tracks together.

Now, there is a little work on the part of the end user if you want to auto-load the Japanese set. All you have to do is go into Haali's settings and add the string jpn,eng to the Trackset Language setting. If you prefer to use the dub, you can either switch the order of the tags, or just leave it as is and things will continue to work as they do now. Commentary tracks will still have to be manually selected since the tracksets are based on Language IDs and since Commentary isn't a language, I can't make a trackset for it.

I'm sure that I'll hear "Why can't you just do it the way everyone else does?!" more than once, and that's fine. As Richard Nixon's head once said on Futurama, I'm meeting you halfway, you stupid hippies. I'm not doing this for the sub watchers, even if you think otherwise. I've wanted something like this for a while and was only recently able to figure out how to make it work. The fact that it happens to silence a complaint while allowing me to keep doing things the way I like is an added bonus. If this still isn't good enough for you, that's just too bad.

The plan is to introduce the Tracksets on both the 1080p and 720p releases. I've tested them on a small sample of configurations and it appears that as long as your media player uses Haali, it should work fine. There may be kinks to work out once they are rolled out with the first few Zegapain episodes as my test sample set was somewhat small, so if you have trouble, visit this thread and see if your question is answered, and if it isn't, let us know what's wrong

though this is normally done before releasing so it really doesnt help an end user unless they are willing to make and remux all the applicable files that they want to change. though to be honest some downloaders do quite a lot of work after the fact so i wouldnt put it past some to do this.

FoxesDen

FoxesDen

Red Ribbon Army

• VIP
  • 563 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • LocationGreat White North
I agree with the "Why can't you just do it the way everyone else does?!" crowd. I (and other people) prefer English dialog with full subs, not signs, and OZC's method doesn't allow for that. Just tag the full subs as Japanese, simple and it works!
ztor6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users