Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New hobby cooking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • Local time: 02:48 AM
  • LocationUSA, IL

Basically this is a spam post about me starting to cook more, The dishes will most likely be desserts made with protein powder or its healthy & low in calories. If your not interested or don't care you might want to push the back button on your browser. :) Thxs

recipes_top_image.jpg

I've been injured for quit a while and am currently starting to cook a lot more than usual, due to the severity of the injury I'm basically confined to my apartment and don't have much going on in my life. Basically all of the food I have been making is either desserts, high in protein, low calorie, or made with protein powder. Every once in a while I'm gonna post a picture of something new I made with the title of the dish, and the ingredients. If you want the recipe I'm more than happy to give it out. Feel free to comment or post about anything.

Beauty.jpg

Favorite Anime in Order: Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, DBZ Franchise, G Gundam, Outlaw Star, Maison Ikkoku, One Piece, GTO, Blue Exorcist, Air Gear, Attack on Titian, Rurouni Kenshin, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Magi, Get Backers, Fullmetal Alchemist, Street Fighter II V, Gundam Wing, Trinity Blood, S-CRY-ed, Golden Boy, Salary Man Kintaro, Crying Freeman, Fairy Tail, Tenchi Muyo OVA's, Trigun, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Blue Gender, Claymore, Baki the Grappler, Samurai Champloo, Ping Pong Club, Kyo Kara Maoh, My Bride is a Mermaid, Hajime no ippo, Black Lion, Gurren Lagann, High School of the Dead, Hellsing, Toriko, Fist of the North Star, Slam Dunk, Bleach, Desert Punk, Blood Lad, Ushio & Tora, Space Dandy, Btooom, Inital D, Lupin the III, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Afro Samurai, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai 7, Blood +, Kenichi, Case Closed, Cyborg 009, Chrome Shelled Regios, School Rumble, Inuyasha, Baka and Test

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • LocationUSA, IL

Protein Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups

photo_1.jpg

Ingredients: peanut butter & chocolate protein mix, low fat milk, crushed butterfinger, truvia, and pb2

Protein Banana Cream Oreo Pie

photo.jpg

Ingredients: french vanilla protein, low fat zero calorie banana pudding, low fat milk, chopped bananas, crushed oreos, oreo pie crust, and light cool whip

Beauty.jpg

Favorite Anime in Order: Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, DBZ Franchise, G Gundam, Outlaw Star, Maison Ikkoku, One Piece, GTO, Blue Exorcist, Air Gear, Attack on Titian, Rurouni Kenshin, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Magi, Get Backers, Fullmetal Alchemist, Street Fighter II V, Gundam Wing, Trinity Blood, S-CRY-ed, Golden Boy, Salary Man Kintaro, Crying Freeman, Fairy Tail, Tenchi Muyo OVA's, Trigun, Death Note, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Blue Gender, Claymore, Baki the Grappler, Samurai Champloo, Ping Pong Club, Kyo Kara Maoh, My Bride is a Mermaid, Hajime no ippo, Black Lion, Gurren Lagann, High School of the Dead, Hellsing, Toriko, Fist of the North Star, Slam Dunk, Bleach, Desert Punk, Blood Lad, Ushio & Tora, Space Dandy, Btooom, Inital D, Lupin the III, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Afro Samurai, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai 7, Blood +, Kenichi, Case Closed, Cyborg 009, Chrome Shelled Regios, School Rumble, Inuyasha, Baka and Test

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • LocationUSA, IL

Low Fat Thin Crust Pizza

photo_2.jpg

Ingredients: classico pizza sauce with brown sugar mixed in, cheese, whole wheat wrap sprayed with cooking olive oil.

I can honestly say this tasted better than any pizza bought from the store and almost most pizza's from pizza stores. I definitely recommend this if your a lover of pizza. The brown sugar made the sauce sweet, personally pizza's with sweet sauce are my favorites.

Beauty.jpg

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:48 AM
  • LocationUnited States

Hmm...healthy food...my sister's been big on that lately...she's been a vegetarian for about 4 or 5 years and two weeks ago she went Gluten Free...She made some BOMB blueberry cupcakes...Good stuff

I'll take that pizza recipe :D What temp you bake it at?

Posted Image

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • LocationUSA, IL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEC_PNuXwdg

Use pizza sauce instead of tomato sauce. Add a mix a tbsp of brown sugar into the pizza sauce. Don't be afraid to use more sauce if you like sauce. Also dont worry about adding in other spices.

Beauty.jpg

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 08:48 AM
  • LocationUK

Is the Injury due to you going to the GYM? As some kind of Physical Therapy. Referring to the post on the ESO thread Cman made?

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • LocationUSA, IL

Is the Injury due to you going to the GYM? As some kind of Physical Therapy. Referring to the post on the ESO thread Cman made?

I have two degenerative bulging disc in my lower back and one of the disc have a tear. Improper lifting is the cause and genetics. Basically I was moving a heavy item back in place, and I didn't have enough leg support and that threw out my back, then I was working a demanding managers job while this happened and that only reagervated my back. By the time I got care it had been reagervated over 4 or 5 times. Then my doctor thought it was minor, and said go about your normal routine and I ended reagervating it a couple more time, eventually i got a new doctor and had all the proper medical scans like an mri. Since then therapy just aggravates it, basically I just have to let time heal it. It's gonna be a long time. It's all a very fucked up situation.

Beauty.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
  • Local time: 04:48 AM
i kinda understand how that is as i got a compound fracture on my lower back after falling almost 30ft out of a tree. it put me out for months but now it is much better. but again, if you do just one thing wrong you can aggravate it and be in major pain for weeks.

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • LocationUSA, IL

yep, life is cruel sometimes

Beauty.jpg

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:48 AM

Sorry to hear about your challenges Freeman. I can empathize with you. I like to refer to physical therapy as makeitworseapy.  :serious: I like to cook but I don't make desserts as I don't like sweets. Why not make your own pizza/pasta sauce? It's very easy and a lot better  than store bought, healthier too.

Posted Image

Antares16M26

Antares16M26

Ewigen Stern

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationTejas

The freeman is no longer free <-- see what i did there?. 

hope you get better and have a great recovery.

Posted Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • LocationUSA, IL

Thxs guys :)

Beauty.jpg

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • LocationUSA, IL

Low Fat Crustless Pumpkin Pie

photo_3.jpg

Beauty.jpg

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks

oh... :w00t: man i swore we had a drool emote at one point....

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 04:48 PM
  • LocationAustralia

^Ahaha we definitely need one then.

These days, cooking shows on TV are the new shit, seems like everyone likes cooking. I gotta learn how to cook myself, I mean following recipes is all good and all, but I mean knowing how to improvise and make new food is what I need.

I hope you have a speedy recovery Freeman.

Posted Image

ruprecht29

ruprecht29

Resident Elder

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • 0 thanks

^Ahaha we definitely need one then.

These days, cooking shows on TV are the new shit, seems like everyone likes cooking. I gotta learn how to cook myself, I mean following recipes is all good and all, but I mean knowing how to improvise and make new food is what I need.

I hope you have a speedy recovery Freeman.

Watching the cooking shows is a good place to start. Using recipes will help. Once you feel more comfortable, then you can put your own spin on a recipe, just use it as a guideline. Cooking without a recipe is the sign of a great cook. I don't use recipes anymore. ;)

Cooking is a lot easier than you think.

Posted Image

Freeman

Freeman

Battōsai

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • 59 thanks
  • LocationUSA, IL

I've never been one to cook, but have always had a bit of a sweet tooth. Desserts seem to be real easy to make and most of the ingredients are kind of similar. I started cooking more a month ago. I would say only cook the things you like to eat and watch it being made on youtube so you know your not gonna mess it up.

and thxs for the wishes

Here's my latest purchase

1780809_4015531523095_1996380918_n.jpg

Beauty.jpg

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

WIRLYWIRLYPOOL

BakaBakaBaka

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 01:48 AM
  • LocationUnited States

...Chocolate...so much of it...nasty...why you need so much of it?

Posted Image

Zachimillius

Zachimillius

エッチ様

• VIP
  • 2,282 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 07:48 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

the mint thins are most likely to be incorporated into baking things.

Posted Image

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
not a fan of chocolate+mint... chocolate+anything is better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users