Welcome to AnimePassion
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Finally got a job & it's not worth it. Buts its a job.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
  • Local time: 04:59 AM
So i finally got a job working at Target on the flow team. Unloading trucks and stocking shelfs. I have only worked 3 days now and i feel like im Lord Helment on Spaceballs. "I Knew It, I'm Surrounded By Assholes"

Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you reply to this topic.

Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you reply to this topic.

Well the other day i got in trouble for getting a cup of water.
My day started out by pulling 5 pallets of the truck. Pulling the pallets off the truck isn't my job. It is the job of the 2 people who are unloading the truck. As a bowling or someone who pulls the pallets to the floor and places the boxes in the right isle. I pushed 7 pallets before i got my drink. I filled 1 cup with water and started to head back. When i got to the back i got in trouble for causing a back up on the line.

Pallets Pulled for truck
Kity Litter stacked 3 high (2,000lb+ pallet)
Water stacked 5 high. Full pallet
Bag Pet Food 2 pallets at half stacks
Paper products pallets (2x)

Pallets Pushed
(1x) Pet Food, (2x) chemicals, (3x) Can food, (1x) Small Appliances & (2x) Candy.

Isle Stocked
Laundry soap
Cereal
Feminine Hygiene Product
Hair Color Products

I felt like Frozone from The Incredibles "i'm thirsty i just want a drink"

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 09:59 AM
  • LocationUK

I say after 1 week go to the manager and say what you said here then after 2 week if things don't get better quit or until you have a job lined up ready to go.

animefan93.jpg
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7dnghn-5.png

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
  • Local time: 05:59 AM
honestly i would keep a record every day, similar to this with maybe a little more detail. go to your manager with that hard data after a couple weeks and see if they do anything with it. if they dont and simply ignore you then you have 3 options at that point. suck it up cuz its paying you some money. go to the next level of command see if you can reason with them. or quit and blame the millennials for screwing up the workforce:

"they are like pets that do work sometimes" this video is soo true it is scary more than funny. but not saying that this video isnt also soo true its more scary than funny.

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks

I was in a similar boat not to long ago, tho I was terminated so I never got the chance to complain. I was working for Carolina Heath Care for Windows Migration, and man all management does is sit and cry about every little thing, they don't have anything organized and are using really expensive systems and not using them like they are supposed to. I was fired because I was listening to music which they claimed was disruptive rap music, problem is I don't listen to rap, and the music I was listening to I got approval from my boss, so I could have some ambient noise, oh and the music was classical music so it was not offensive.

As soon as I got the message I went to the system I built for them and hid a bug in it so that it would not work any more after 2 weeks. In 2 weeks time they wanted me back to fix the system and I said sorry I built the system but I no longer have the authority to work on it as it is not mine, if you want it fixed get off your lazy rears and figure out how to do it yourselves, your supposed to be top of your fields in computer science, if you cant fix this simple distribution system built by a 23 year old then you might want to re think your career choices. Then I hung up the phone  

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

I don't know what to think to them videos. They were good but i dont know, sense you was making fun of someone posting them.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
I just need to bite by lips and not say anything. I don't think anything would change if i said anything. Might be better just to hold it. Just incase i become not longer usefull.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
i wasnt making fun, i am simply posting those saying that both are quite true in the workforce today. millennials tend to do nothing and expect everything. with that said i posted the second to point out that many millennials do have college degrees and mounds of debt and can not find jobs. so you can not blame simply the millennial generation. if someone did take offence to what i said i am sorry and i didnt mean to offend anyone. i simply wanted to post some simi funny videos that many can relate to in our workforce today.

also lightning that was a really crazy thing to do and illegal too i believe. but i am curious as to what you did to make it stop working after 2 weeks.

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
I'm guessing it was running a form of windows. Plus the vids did make me laugh.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
ok, glad to hear that you did get a laugh out of them. ^_^

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks

what I did was legal, I created it while under contract to another company so the rights to the program are under my contractors name, and the system I designed was to help improve imaging systems so it could maintain a consent speed and balance the network load, making it so that no one computer would get more bandwidth, thusly increasing imaging speed for the new machines. Its base is Windows DoS. That being said all I did was insert a text file that had running permissions set to a certain date, and it would be ran every time the machine gets started everyday after that date, its a very simple design to confuse the biggest of idiots, if any one looked at the system that knew what they were doing would notice a file that says don't delete and has the time stamp of the day it stopped working. Once the file is deleted the system will go back to normal.

they can do without the system but it will take 5 times longer to do, as the image process they use have a bad habit of hogging the network after download is complete. with my system it balances the network load and it looks to see if the bandwidth is carrying any OS data, if not then it cuts it from the network till reboot, its a very simple system considering it took me a day to create it.

And since I found the loop hole in the contract with them  I couldn't not get in trouble for doing what I did.

I hope they learned that if they are going to mess with an introvert then they might want to make sure everything they make me sign does not have any loopholes that I can use to my advantage

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Animefan93

Animefan93

Magical Girl

• VIP
  • 770 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationUK

i wasnt making fun, i am simply posting those saying that both are quite true in the workforce today. millennials tend to do nothing and expect everything. with that said i posted the second to point out that many millennials do have college degrees and mounds of debt and can not find jobs. so you can not blame simply the millennial generation. if someone did take offence to what i said i am sorry and i didnt mean to offend anyone. i simply wanted to post some simi funny videos that many can relate to in our workforce today.

also lightning that was a really crazy thing to do and illegal too i believe. but i am curious as to what you did to make it stop working after 2 weeks.

It wasn't offending, it did make me laugh :) Kinda reminded me of some people I used to know, still do infact.

animefan93.jpg

7dnghn-5.png

bliger7gz

bliger7gz

Zoid Pilot

• Inactive Member
  • Pip
  • 199 posts
  • 0 thanks

I was in a similar boat not to long ago, tho I was terminated so I never got the chance to complain. I was working for Carolina Heath Care for Windows Migration, and man all management does is sit and cry about every little thing, they don't have anything organized and are using really expensive systems and not using them like they are supposed to. I was fired because I was listening to music which they claimed was disruptive rap music, problem is I don't listen to rap, and the music I was listening to I got approval from my boss, so I could have some ambient noise, oh and the music was classical music so it was not offensive.

As soon as I got the message I went to the system I built for them and hid a bug in it so that it would not work any more after 2 weeks. In 2 weeks time they wanted me back to fix the system and I said sorry I built the system but I no longer have the authority to work on it as it is not mine, if you want it fixed get off your lazy rears and figure out how to do it yourselves, your supposed to be top of your fields in computer science, if you cant fix this simple distribution system built by a 23 year old then you might want to re think your career choices. Then I hung up the phone  

NIIIICE  :cheers:

Best way to teach them a lesson.

I read your next post so I'm glad you found a way to stay out of trouble.

@Dragon80, feel your pain bro I am currently out of job because my previous one is seasonal, can't build pools in the middle of winter. So far I have tried like everywhere to land a job in my field (electrical and computer engineering technology) no luck but not giving up, have to make money soon so I guess I'll have to find one out of my field again meanwhile.

Posted Image

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks

I have updated my day 4 of work. Day 5 is tonight. This should be a great episode on undercover boss. Working with Criss Angel would be a better job.

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks

Well im only working 23hr for the nexted 2 weeks. So thats only $189 before taxes and i sould get about $140 when taxes are all taken out. So about $300 a month. So lets break it down.

080 Car Insurance

040 Gas (if i only drive to work and go nowhere)

So i now have a little more then half of pay left. I guess i can live of the dollar menu at McD's. But for now i will still look for a new new job that can give me more hours. On the plus side i get free medicaid healthcare.

Cman21

Cman21

/)*(\ ^_^

• Administrators
  • 2,440 posts
  • 259 thanks
i would live off ramen and hotdogs, its cheaper... oh college life.... also those guys must LOVE LOVE LOVE their job cuz they can just lay around and not do much of anything all day, right?

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks

I wish i could just lay around. But i have to get up at 3am. Be to work around 3:50am and work till 9:45am. Working only 2 days a week. Just screws up your whole day and nexted day. With a pay of $8.25 hr. Even if i make it past my 90 days. I dont get any sick or vaction time.

WaveZero

WaveZero

LOLing

• VIP
  • 705 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 05:59 PM
  • LocationAustralia

Thank god for Australia, at least they pay you while you're studying and also give you a loan for your uni fees.

Posted Image

Mallory

Mallory

Keyblade Wielder

• Administrators
  • 290 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Local time: 03:59 AM

If we had a button to where we could like posts...I would totally like this one.  That is hilarious. xD  You got some balls my man.

Posted Image

"One Sky, One Destiny"

lightningblade

lightningblade

King of Lightning

• Trusted Encoders
  • 1,345 posts
  • 157 thanks

I take pride in my work, and when I get unjustly fired I will take matters in my hand, and do what I need to do to make sure my work is not used for any other purpose other than how I want it to be used, I always leave a fail safe in all my code that I make, if I leave on favorable terms then I remove the fail safe, and fork over the code (I also always do this legally, if I cant I do what I am told), this is the main reason why I do not go after developers jobs, I lose all freedom to code the way I like to, but don't get me wrong I enjoy making stuff that is useful for everyday life, it is the main reason I made the network system I did to help speed my job up and finish things on time.

back to the topic at hand, I really do hope that Dragon succeeds in his endeavors, also just don't screw yourself till you find a more suitable job.

lightningblade.jpg
2588255.png

Dragon80

Dragon80

Meitantei

• Trusted Encoders
  • 241 posts
  • 74 thanks
Lighting I feel the same way when i work. I take pride in it and want to do things right. Right now the other new person who was hired the same time i was hired. Is getting more days & hours them me. I work 2 days a week for 11.5hrs a week. The other person works 4 days a week and gets around 20hrs and has been asked to stay later on some days. The other person works slower then me and talks to more people. I guess this is how everything works today. I know its true and all. But i have never really seen it first hand.

I don't think they will be keeping me after 90 days.

First post updated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users